Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ShannonN  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2018 14:01:50(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Hi all
Is there anyone within reasonable travelling distance of Maryborough, Qld that has the latest software installed on a CS2 or CS3 that could update these for me please
Cheers Shanny
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2018 15:10:48(UTC)
H0

Hi!

MS2s with the latest software can also be used to transfer the firmware.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline ShannonN  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2018 12:54:52(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

MS2s with the latest software can also be used to transfer the firmware.

Still have the same problem, no one seems to be close with either, or willing to help.

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2018 20:45:36(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: ShannonN Go to Quoted Post
Still have the same problem, no one seems to be close with either, or willing to help.
If you find a volunteer, you only have to mail one MS2 to them.
The updated MS2 will be able to update the other MS2 and the trackbox.

This change in search criteria turns "close" into "nationwide" - if you trust them and if you are willing to pay the postage for both ways.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ShannonN  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2018 22:10:55(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
If you find a volunteer, you only have to mail one MS2 to them.
The updated MS2 will be able to update the other MS2 and the trackbox.

This change in search criteria turns "close" into "nationwide" - if you trust them and if you are willing to pay the postage for both ways.

Trust isn't a real issue for me in Oz re anyone that posts here the forum has a great rep etc It's more like Australia Post I don't trust with it LOL

Just need to find someone with the time to do it

Offline applor  
#6 Posted : 06 September 2018 22:52:34(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I am in Brisbane, happy to update it for you if you can get it to me - either next time you're in Brisbane or post it.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline dominator  
#7 Posted : 06 September 2018 23:04:23(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
A wee warning about doing the update from a CS2. Dont presume it will update to the correct version the first time. Dont know why, but we had 2 goes at updating one of mine. I think Lasse had to click on some icon on the CS2 to get it right. All went well after that.
Well worth updating to as it got rid of SOME of the gremlins.

Shannon, your only a mere 2 hours at most from Brissy. Worth the drive to meet a fellow marklinite, and see his layout.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dominator
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 07 September 2018 08:14:23(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Dont presume it will update to the correct version the first time.
The correct version will be transferred three times. And you have to wait until all three transfers are through, so the new version is everywhere where it is needed.
There'll be transfer prompts on both the CS2 and the MS2. I never start two transfers at the same time - and I never had problems.
It is a confusing and märklinesque process - but who would expect otherwise.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline ShannonN  
#9 Posted : 07 September 2018 12:57:15(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
I am in Brisbane, happy to update it for you if you can get it to me - either next time you're in Brisbane or post it.

Many thanks I'll PM you for postal address do you need the track box as well as the MS2

Offline ShannonN  
#10 Posted : 07 September 2018 12:59:14(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
A wee warning about doing the update from a CS2. Dont presume it will update to the correct version the first time. Dont know why, but we had 2 goes at updating one of mine. I think Lasse had to click on some icon on the CS2 to get it right. All went well after that.
Well worth updating to as it got rid of SOME of the gremlins.

Shannon, your only a mere 2 hours at most from Brissy. Worth the drive to meet a fellow marklinite, and see his layout.

Dereck

3 hrs away, many low speed sections around from Gympie onward down to 90 k for about 80 klms last time I was down

Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 07 September 2018 14:39:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Many thanks I'll PM you for postal address do you need the track box as well as the MS2

The only bit he will need is the ms2. Once you get the updated ms2 back it will then update your track box and can update any other ms2 you may own.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 07 September 2018 16:45:06(UTC)
TEEWolf

You got 2 MS 2 - correct?

Then sent him either both MS 2 stations or send him the MS 2 with the lowest serial number. Sending the track box is not necessary, because a CS always takes over the track box function, if you connect a MS 2 to a CS. Then the MS 2 is always in the slave mode against the CS.

Whereas using two MS 2 with a track box, then the MS 2 with the lowest serial number is automatically always the master and all other MS 2 with a higher serial number are slaves. I did not test it, but I have the suspision that this may have an influence to the 2 different databases inside a MS 2. By my understanding, if you want to update a MS 2 from a higher serial number to a MS 2 with a lower serial number it may have an effect on the update of the internal 40 piece database, where you are selecting the locos for setting them up to your MS 2.

Again, I did not test it, because there is no need to me. I got a CS 3 and if I do not have a loco in my MS 2 databse, I just connect it to my CS 3 and take it over from the CS 3. Also I never read anything about the influence of a MS 2 internal database while you update the software. But the master slave connection has an effect on the internal MS 2 database handling. Märklin issued therfore its technical tip # 307. But this one is only in German availbale.

The serial number of a MS 2 you get from your MS 2 by the menu for settings.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 07 September 2018 18:57:21(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Then sent him either both MS 2 stations or send him the MS 2 with the lowest serial number.
It is enough to send any MS2, regardless of the serial number. There is no advantage in sending the one with the lower serial number - the firmware transfer works both ways.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage