Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline El Capitan  
#1 Posted : 01 September 2018 03:24:27(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Hello all.

Last weekend the bi-annual gauge 1 fair was held at a new location with much better room for the large layouts. Although I have practically abandoned large scale and no longer participate in the exhibits, I attended the show Saturday and caught up with old friends while enjoying the layouts. New this year was Spur 1 Team Hannover attending with their beautiful layout.

Here's a video from the day, showing what I consider the highlights of the event. Enjoy!

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by El Capitan
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 01 September 2018 06:54:32(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: El Capitan Go to Quoted Post
Hello all.

Last weekend the bi-annual gauge 1 fair was held at a new location with much better room for the large layouts. Although I have practically abandoned large scale and no longer participate in the exhibits, I attended the show Saturday and caught up with old friends while enjoying the layouts. New this year was Spur 1 Team Hannover attending with their beautiful layout.

Here's a video from the day, showing what I consider the highlights of the event. Enjoy!

Hello Jens ,

Thanks for posting the video which I found very interesting.

I find gauge 1 awesome when shown in such a grand display.

Regards,

PJ
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2018 12:36:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: El Capitan Go to Quoted Post
Although I have practically abandoned large scale and no longer participate in the exhibits.......

Did you sell it all....??
Offline El Capitan  
#4 Posted : 01 September 2018 16:32:20(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Did you sell it all....??

I keep the F7s, but everything else is sold, yes.

What happened was that at my last train chase I discovered that I had outgrown my old camera - a Canon Ixus 990, which really was purchased for taking stills, but turned out to be fairly good at video. So I stopped taking photos and started making videos, which I think is much more fun.

So without room in the household budget for a new camera, what to do? At the same time I realized that after my club sort of imploded, I'm not going to be running much gauge 1 any time soon, and since I've moved to N scale, the choice was easy - sell the BR50 and the freight cars and buy a new camera - a Canon HF-G40 - and assorted other things on the wanted list.

The F7s are going to be tricked out with sound and smoke and whatnot, and if I can find 1:32 scale decals, I may repaint them too. Turns out that the models are from the Amtrak era, and I want them to be Santa Fe pre-1971. Also, the "cheek bones" on the A units are a bit too high, and I may want to grind them to shape. It's odd that MTH got that wrong as they made them right in H0 and 0 scales, but the 2016 body molds are reruns of a fairly old model, so ...

Edited by user 01 September 2018 23:01:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by El Capitan
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2018 05:22:57(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Great to watch the good quality video.

Thanks Jens.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.