Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2018 07:32:54(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
HelloConfused Confused

Does anyone know when Märklin will release new software version to CS3.
In the latest Märklin Magazin 03/2018 in page 7 there is some new information, but not so much.

To this thread I hope you will write your feelings and findings when you use new version.

There will be interesting features and possibilities coming when CS3 software can be used with web browser.

From the article in page 7 it can be seen that Märklin is indeed developing a new control unitThumpUp ThumpUp

Let's see what we ill have in future

In the mean time Have FunBigGrin BigGrin

Jukka
Offline Danlake  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2018 09:17:21(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Jukka,

There has been some writing on this on the Danish forum: baneforum.dk.

A gentleman attended a Märklins Digital Infotag – at Imlau Modelbau, Flensburg and got an demonstration of the new feature using your browser on a PC or tablet.

Below is a google translation of latest from the Dansih forum (from Søren) who also is a member here.

The update will basically include:

Web App
In future, you will be able to service your CS3 from a regular browser such as. Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or similar. It must be the latest versions. Using the web app assumes that your CS3 is permanently connected to your home network.

The web app can be used from all computers, tablets, etc. Thus, there is no requirement for a particular operating system to access the CS3.

In the first version of the web app, you can:
- Operate locomotives
- Operate articles (track switches, signals, etc.).
- Start events
- See track plans

All other features (edit track plan, program locomotives) still have to be done on your CS3 or via VNC.

Events
The user interface of the events has changed slightly, making it easier to review the contents of the various events. In addition, the search is rebuilt so it is now possible to search for content in the events. This is convenient if you because a particular S88 contact is included in multiple events. You can search the contact's name and see which events contain it

I think is exciting news and the fact you will be able to e.g. have your track diagram and control the switches from a browser on your PC or tablet can be a great advantage and what many digital users will be looking for.

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2018 23:54:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post

From the article in page 7 it can be seen that Märklin is indeed developing a new control unitThumpUp ThumpUp

No they are just doing a software update with some new features, not a new control unit.

The principal of using a web page is not new. The CS1 used a web page for doing all sorts of things like resetting the unit if someone password protected it without telling you the password, and providing the facility to upload new software (I think both of these only came into operation on v2 of the software).

The picture of the unit on page 6 is the same CS3+ we have had for a while, just they have revamped the labelling on the front. This was discussed on this list about 6 weeks ago IIRC.

Offline MaerklinLife  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2018 04:54:01(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
.The principal of using a web page is not new.

I think you are missing the point. This is not just a few configuration options. Because, yes, this it not new.

BUT:
Using a web app as THE interface is new. No other command station lets you operate trains, turnouts and track plans from a web browser. They all require some sort of app. Now you can access this info from a web browser regardless of your operating system of choice.

Want another track plan view? Simple! Launch another webbrowser. Have multiple stations on the layout? Have a computer or tablet at each station and control them separately.

This is new and game changing.

In the future it will allow for a screen less CS. That will allow for a cheaper CS as well. From what I have read in here, a lot of people want cheaper options.

My guess is that this will also mean the death of the Märklin apps. Having an app makes little sense when you have a great web app.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline siroljuk  
#5 Posted : 18 June 2018 07:24:29(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
No they are just doing a software update with some new features, not a new control unit.

Well in my opinion CS3 and CS3Plus are still new. Because they are not ready yet and because many of you think that they don't buy that device until it is ready.

You are right. . . it is not new anymore as an idea to replace CS2 and it's fine features.

Blushing Blushing My poor English is not capable to tell you exactly what I mean.

Anyway Have Fun everybodyBigGrin BigGrin

Jukka

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline TGV POS  
#6 Posted : 19 June 2018 15:06:53(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
New for cabine in mfx+?
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 12 July 2018 12:15:29(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI.
File name shows date 4July (or is it 7April)

German
https://www.maerklin.de/...update_1_3_3_info-04.pdf
English
https://www.maerklin.de/..._3_info-04__Englisch.pdf

"As of July 12, 2018
The next update for the CS 3 / CS 3 plus is also available for an update via a USB stick. The file (275 MB) is available in the download area at the bottom of this page. The procedure of the update is explained in the above linked manual. The new version number is 1.3.3."

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs3-updates/

NOTE: you may have to wait a bit longer as the current file available is 1.32
Peter
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Minok  
#8 Posted : 12 July 2018 20:12:13(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
FYI.

Its date-month-year in Germany (unlike the screwy American system of month-date-year)

So that is July 4th, because the month is next to the year.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 12 July 2018 22:43:53(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
FYI.

So that is July 4th, because the month is next to the year.

I was being sarcastic

Peter
Offline clapcott  
#10 Posted : 12 July 2018 22:45:23(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs3-updates/

NOTE: you may have to wait a bit longer as the current file available is 1.32

1.3.3 is currently available online for download and use with a USB device = 288MB ((301,989,888 bytes))

FWIW Changelog extract posted at the bottom of the first post in ...
https://www.marklin-user...-0--12Jul2018#post535723

Edited by user 14 July 2018 11:45:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline steventrain  
#11 Posted : 13 July 2018 20:09:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update! Here is a message from Märklin in Germany:

**USB-Stick Update CS 3/CS 3 plus, Issued July 13, 2018 For technical reasons, the software for an update via USB stick is only available in a few days. You can then download the file at this point - we ask for your understanding.**
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline lvfocus  
#12 Posted : 14 July 2018 00:08:21(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Dear members,
Today, the 13th of July, i connected my CS3 Plus to the internet, waiting for the Red Notice of Update 1.3.3.
After several hours waiting, I was not able to get the update notice.
Do you have the same problem?
What can I do to get the update.

Thank you all
Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)
Offline TEEWolf  
#13 Posted : 14 July 2018 02:09:03(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: lvfocus Go to Quoted Post
Dear members,
Today, the 13th of July, i connected my CS3 Plus to the internet, waiting for the Red Notice of Update 1.3.3.
After several hours waiting, I was not able to get the update notice.
Do you have the same problem?
What can I do to get the update.

Thank you all

Got the same experience and have sent a mail to service@maerklin.com today. Wait and see what will happen.
Offline siroljuk  
#14 Posted : 14 July 2018 07:49:25(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
I downloaded USB-update file from Märklin and the whole update process went OK. No problem at all.

My layout is under construction at the moment so I cannot test new features with rolling stock for week or twoCrying Crying .
After short test of new web-browser features it seems to me that they(Märklin people) have managed quite good with their jobThumpUp ThumpUp .

The latest news about update(PDF-file) . . . I did like it. IT WAS ALSO IN ENGLISHRollEyes RollEyes

At this point I have to thank Märklin people ... they read our opinion, at least they wrote that they try to improve to take a notice of our writing in this forum.

Very good indeed ThumpUp ThumpUp

Have fun everyone while you test ne features

Jukka
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline clapcott  
#15 Posted : 14 July 2018 11:38:05(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
**USB-Stick Update CS 3/CS 3 plus, Issued July 13, 2018 For technical reasons, the software for an update via USB stick is only available in a few days. You can then download the file at this point - we ask for your understanding.**

It would be nice to have distinguished if
- the issue was with the download process (e.g. server overloaded)
- or if the contents had a bug - or were the wrong version

While the Marklin website has removed the links,
- the update information (pdf) is still available from the link I posted earlier

As the v132 file can still be downloaded it is not strictly a download/server issue

There is definitely potential in the new release - while the missed English translation still irks, it appears some of my x84 and s88 ports (used for status flags) have just been relieved of duty .
Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#16 Posted : 14 July 2018 11:46:23(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
There is definitely potential in the new release - while the missed English translation still irks

Yes I noticed in web-browser that Translation is not ready yet, still I could translate with browsers translation feature, it seems to work quite well.( I use chrome)

Jukka

Offline clapcott  
#17 Posted : 14 July 2018 12:07:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
There is definitely potential in the new release - while the missed English translation still irks

Yes I noticed in web-browser that Translation is not ready yet, still I could translate with browsers translation feature, it seems to work quite well.( I use chrome)

Jukka

Its not the most elegant,
e.g. UserPostedImage

but did you play with the language setting.
UserPostedImage

As to working - I cannot get the events to trigger (from the events screen) :-(

Some interesting (browser) behaviour noticed - not good or bad just observing

- initial opening in my fullscreen browser (nominal 100% scalling) produces loco function list NOT 8 per column
UserPostedImage

- If you zoom in (Browser zoom) far enough, the top icons colapse to a menu (3 bars) dropdown function
(note the scrol bar on the right = "thin" targeted at touch thingies. Not shown in image is the other filtering stanzas for Layout etc)
UserPostedImage

- If you zoom out (Browser zoom) You can get more loco functions per column, While using the (apps) zoomin to still show big track layout items

- mFX+ not operational, but if you try to open the cabview with a "Kleine Loco" you can! Blink
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 26 July 2018 03:39:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
Offline TEEWolf  
#18 Posted : 14 July 2018 17:51:49(UTC)
TEEWolf

It would be nice to have distinguished if
- the issue was with the download process (e.g. server overloaded)
- or if the contents had a bug - or were the wrong version

While the Marklin website has removed the links,
- the update information (pdf) is still available from the link I posted earlier

As the v132 file can still be downloaded it is not strictly a download/server issue

There is definitely potential in the new release - while the missed English translation still irks, it appears some of my x84 and s88 ports (used for status flags) have just been relieved of duty .

@clapcott

Many thanks for your links in your former post #7. Saved me some time searching for it at Märklin's homepage.

At the moment they do neither offer links to the manuals for the update nor for the USB one. And the LAN update is not functioning at my computer.

Nevertheless Märklin is improving tremendously themselves. Do they offer a new customer and client treatment?
Because they issued the manual of the CS 3 1.3.3 update in German and English same time – and it is about 10 pages thick! Also they request a feedback from their users offering their e-mail or the response! Hallo, a real special word of praise for Märklin.

As well I found websites from Märklin translated to English as it never has been before, e.g. the FAQs about digital. And they offer a new YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/...UC_ulAkE0RxHUEhpvWf49pRQ

with information, instructons and just showing videos aboout their products and old advertisement. Well done too.

They are changing something! So I can be patient, waiting till they set the USB update back on their homepage. Even they apologize for the temporaryly remove of the update. On the other hand, offically they did not yet inform me via their web-news e-mail. It is all right and summertime with sunshine anyway.Laugh Love
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Goofy  
#19 Posted : 15 July 2018 10:06:58(UTC)
Goofy

Update! Here is a message from Märklin in Germany:

It´s only in few days with USB stick?
What about to download direct with the cable hook up to the CS3/CS3 plus?

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline MaerklinLife  
#20 Posted : 15 July 2018 14:03:15(UTC)
MaerklinLife

As mentioned in the release note, it is a beta feature. Märklin asks users who use the feature to send in their findings. You usually have quite a bit of them, so here is your chance... wink
Offline MaerklinLife  
#21 Posted : 15 July 2018 14:15:01(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

I don't know, Goofy! Good point! Have you tried it with your CS3?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline TEEWolf  
#22 Posted : 15 July 2018 14:47:21(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

It´s only in few days with USB stick?

In the posts #12 and # 13 and #18 of this thread stands the answer.

I wrote
Quote:
At the moment they do neither offer links to the manuals for the update nor for the USB one. And the LAN update is not functioning at my computer.
The LAN is a connection by a "cable hook".

LAN is a Local Area Network and stands for a wired network by cable. Is the opposite of a WLAN. There the "W" does not mean "wired" it means "wireless", because the internet connection to the WWW is done by radio waves. This is the colloquial or common use of these abbreviations, which are techniqually not totally correct. Perhaps cable hook is the better one, but this use of words I did not hear before - sorry.

Offline TEEWolf  
#23 Posted : 16 July 2018 20:35:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi all,

Märklin answered today my e-mail (mentioned in post # 13) already. Very quick I have to confess.

They wrote the CS 3 update is not yet officially issued and they request me to be still patient. They have removed the LAN update via internet LAN too. Then of course it cannot appear at any CS 3.

regards

TEEWolf
Offline sgbrail  
#24 Posted : 17 July 2018 02:47:59(UTC)
sgbrail

Australia   
Hello.
I downloaded USB-update file from Märklin and the whole update process went OK. No problem at all.

My layout is under construction at the moment so I cannot test new features with rolling stock for week or twoCrying Crying .
After short test of new web-browser features it seems to me that they(Märklin people) have managed quite good with their jobThumpUp ThumpUp .

Jukka

Hi Jukka, have you been able to access the CS3 Track Diagram via the web interface. For us this is the missing link that is so important to allow best use of the CS3 and manual control.

Regards Dad & Dave
Cheers, Dad & Dave
Offline siroljuk  
#25 Posted : 17 July 2018 10:24:42(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyoneBigGrin BigGrin
Today I powered my CS3Plus and something very odd happened:

My CS3Plus was connected to internet and red spot was near system icon. Of course I let device to make update and . . .
The result is: version changed back to 1.3.2Blink Blink Blink .
It seems to me that version 1.3.3 is not ready and there might be something extra faultsCrying Crying .

Perhaps Märklin decided to cancel new version update at this point.

So I could not test very much new version, but web-based function was quite interesting, perhaps not ready yet.Crying Crying

We have to wait for this update and that's it.

I understand Märklin people, they are now testing themselves and that is good for us.

Anyway have funBigGrin BigGrin

Jukka
Offline clapcott  
#26 Posted : 17 July 2018 13:05:17(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: sgbrail Go to Quoted Post
... have you been able to access the CS3 Track Diagram via the web interface ...

Yes, the web browser interface picks up the layout diagram from the CS3 and is usable , including zooming.

Peter
Offline TEEWolf  
#27 Posted : 17 July 2018 20:35:48(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello everyoneBigGrin BigGrin
Today I powered my CS3Plus and something very odd happened:

My CS3Plus was connected to internet and red spot was near system icon. Of course I let device to make update and . . .
The result is: version changed back to 1.3.2Blink Blink Blink .
It seems to me that version 1.3.3 is not ready and there might be something extra faultsCrying Crying .

Perhaps Märklin decided to cancel new version update at this point.

So I could not test very much new version, but web-based function was quite interesting, perhaps not ready yet.Crying Crying

We have to wait for this update and that's it.

I understand Märklin people, they are now testing themselves and that is good for us.

Anyway have funBigGrin BigGrin

Jukka

No surprise Jukka. Read my post # 23. Märklin wrote the same answering my question, why I cannot update my CS 3 by LAN.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline clapcott  
#28 Posted : 28 July 2018 23:01:24(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

I did note that the release notes state "Display of the events ..." and not activation.

However, with a bit of a broader perspective, I actually believe that this section should be removed entirely. Leaving it there is only causing confusion.

With the concurrent v1.3.3 capabilities to ...
a) trigger events from the track board/keyboard, using icons representing virtual sensors placed in a far more meaningful arrangement,
along with
b) use of icons for indicator/status lights (virtual accessories), there should be no need for the "operator" using the web browser interface to drill into the clunky and confusing Events screen.

FWIW I am in disagreement with those who seem to think that this browser service, which I consider a nice complement for "operational" control of your layout, should replace the actual configuration function on the base controller.
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline siroljuk  
#29 Posted : 29 July 2018 07:32:22(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello BigGrin

FWIW I am in disagreement with those who seem to think that this browser service, which I considera nice complement for "operational" control of your layout, should replace the actual configuration function on the base controller.

I did manage to test a bit this new update and If I remember right, the Virtual application support was there and it worked fine.
I have used virtual application very much and I really like it. I hope that Märklin don't remove this fine feature from coming updatesCrying

In middle of Finland has been very hot climate for few weeks nowHuh Huh Huh I'm too old to love this kind of hotness.

Anyway Have Fun everyone

Jukka

Offline MaerklinLife  
#30 Posted : 29 July 2018 07:53:15(UTC)
MaerklinLife

However, with a bit of a broader perspective, I actually believe that this section should be removed entirely. Leaving it there is only causing confusion.

I find it convenient to be able to see what the status of the events are. I don't know if the web interface currently displays that, but I would like to be able to see it instead of having to go to the CS3. It should still be possible to actually trigger the events from the web interface.

b) use of icons for indicator/status lights (virtual accessories), there should be no need for the "operator" using the web browser interface to drill into the clunky and confusing Events screen.

True, but this requires the user to be able to figure out how to set these things up. I believe that most users will never get around to that, they will use the events for simple track routes and that is it. They will expect some sort of status screen without having to build one themselves. Heck, I actually believe most users never touch the events, they use their CS3 as a glorified MS2 without events at all.

IMO: Going into the events screen, find a route and click a button is easy.

FWIW I am in disagreement with those who seem to think that this browser service, which I consider a nice complement for "operational" control of your layout, should replace the actual configuration function on the base controller.

I am convinced that Märklin is planning to get rid of the touch screen on the CS and focus on the web interface. The browser is perfectly cable of handling the configuration of the device. Including drawing track plans.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 29 July 2018 12:06:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
I am convinced that Märklin is planning to get rid of the touch screen on the CS and focus on the web interface. The browser is perfectly cable of handling the configuration of the device. Including drawing track plans.

It may be the precursor to having a cs3 without a screen for putting in mega start sets. I don't think the cs3 as it stands is cheap enough to do this yet. Currently mega start sets are coming out with two ms2 controllers, which may be Ok, but I think they are really looking at having a controller that can do 32 functions in a start set.

Offline MaerklinLife  
#32 Posted : 30 July 2018 23:34:38(UTC)
MaerklinLife

The update is back online.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline siroljuk  
#33 Posted : 31 July 2018 08:40:41(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
The update is back online.

Update process using USB went OK no problem at all.

I will start to learn new version todayThumpUp ThumpUp

Jukka

Offline siroljuk  
#34 Posted : 01 August 2018 07:24:58(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
HelloBigGrin

New version of CS3Plus ( 1.3.3 ):

-Very interesting WEB-browser application, as far as I find, works like it should but . . . when I used this feature something odd was going on on the track.
I had four wagons on the track with lights on and every now and then lights start to flicker and stop flicker and at the same time one of turnouts with Viessmann decoder turns and turns back. Something disturb track protocol. AND at the same time one rail car with MFX-decoder moved few centimeter forward and backward.

- English helps in web application are Good. . . YesThumpUp ThumpUp.

-Steering using web-browser . . . well it is not ready yet I have two turnouts which did not turn at all wit this application, but using CS3Plus itself they worked ok.( BTW in my case both turnouts address has number nine 9) ).

That's all for now, I'll continue testing

Regards

Jukka
Offline skukuza  
#35 Posted : 01 August 2018 20:58:34(UTC)
skukuza

New Zealand   
Hi Jukka.
Your input is similar to mine in that two of my turnouts and some signals will not react using the browser. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.
The other thing is that all my events appear on the screen but cannot be activated from the browser??
Finally the most disappointing is I was hoping Marklin would have sorted out the software for the touch screen. I have to do a reboot after the initial boot to get the touch screen to work on the CS3+ screen.
Anybody else have this problem?
Regards,
Kevin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skukuza
Offline MaerklinLife  
#36 Posted : 02 August 2018 11:08:29(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: skukuza Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jukka.
Your input is similar to mine in that two of my turnouts and some signals will not react using the browser. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.

This is probably because of the way your track plan is laid out. Check that you do not have track elements overlapping each other (or on top of each other). Try moving the turnout on the track plan, save the plan, then try again.

If one turnout works, every turnout should work.

You cannot activate events in this version. Remember it is a beta, some things work, some do not.
Offline David Dewar  
#37 Posted : 02 August 2018 11:49:29(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
My computer has enough problems form time to time without connecting it to my layout. However surely Marklin should check the
update is working before putting it out in the market.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline TEEWolf  
#38 Posted : 02 August 2018 19:42:02(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
My computer has enough problems form time to time without connecting it to my layout. However surely Marklin should check the

David

did you study the 9 pages of update informations @clapcott listed in his post #7?

Here it is again

Even in English! But in the informations pretty much limitations were indicated. Until then this release is a Beta version and they ask you for help, if errors occur!

I think everybody shall keep this in mind: it is a Beta version, not yet the final release.
Offline skukuza  
#39 Posted : 02 August 2018 20:27:01(UTC)
skukuza

New Zealand   
Yes you are right, it is afterall a beta version so we must bare that in mind when commenting.ThumpUp

I do love my CS3+ but my only gripe is the touch screen problem which stems from early days.
I have heard that some people have had blank screens and touch screens only working intermittently.
I'm strongly of the opinion that this is a software problem??
Offline MaerklinLife  
#40 Posted : 02 August 2018 20:34:57(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I don't have any touch screen problems. Nor have I heard of many that had. If somebody has problems, the dealer got him a new CS3. If you have problems, back to the dealer with the thing.

Probably another reason for Märklin to try to eliminate the touch screen all together.
Offline umberto56  
#41 Posted : 04 August 2018 15:28:01(UTC)
umberto56

Italy   
Does anybody had problems with the update?
For me is impossible update from the network and with USB too..
On my CS3 plus touch screen isn’t also present the green check
My version is 3.1.1
Umberto
Offline David Dewar  
#42 Posted : 04 August 2018 15:45:17(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

David

did you study the 9 pages of update informations @clapcott listed in his post #7?

Here it is again

Even in English! But in the informations pretty much limitations were indicated. Until then this release is a Beta version and they ask you for help, if errors occur!

I think everybody shall keep this in mind: it is a Beta version, not yet the final release.

I am just happy with my CS2 and in a few months will get a CS3 and both will be used on their own to run the layout so connection to anything else is not for me. I appreciate this is a beta version but I do think it would be better just to wait until all bugs are sorted then put the update on the Marklin site. The reason for my delay in buying the CS3 is just because of initial problems. However I will get one as I also waited for my CS2 which when purchased has been faultless and never lets me down.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#43 Posted : 04 August 2018 16:26:18(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Only the web app feature is in beta.

The update itself with bugfixes and improved events is not.
Offline TEEWolf  
#44 Posted : 04 August 2018 19:41:49(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: umberto56 Go to Quoted Post
My version is 3.1.1
Umberto

Have you had a look into the CS 3 manual? The internet update may not be possible by many reasons, but the USB update shall functioning. General information about updates you read at Page 6 of the manual also in the section in Italian.

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/60216/

https://static.maerklin....065db123781498138103.pdf

On Page 189 of the manual PDF file (it is page 32 of the manual in every language) you find in Italian a short remark about a bootloader-update. This tells you something if your update failed. When you are at this menue item at your CS 3, please use the help function of the CS 3 and read more about this bootloader-update.

On page 35 of the manual (in every language) you find the description for an USB-update at a CS 3.

By the way, I did not have any problem by my CS 3 update Vers 1.3.3 via the internet. After a short moment the red point appeared as described in the manual and I could start and finish the complete update.
Offline umberto56  
#45 Posted : 05 August 2018 11:14:35(UTC)
umberto56

Italy   
My version is 3.1.1
Umberto

Have you had a look into the CS 3 manual? The internet update may not be possible by many reasons, but the USB update shall functioning. General information about updates you read at Page 6 of the manual also in the section in Italian.

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/60216/

https://static.maerklin....065db123781498138103.pdf

On Page 189 of the manual PDF file (it is page 32 of the manual in every language) you find in Italian a short remark about a bootloader-update. This tells you something if your update failed. When you are at this menue item at your CS 3, please use the help function of the CS 3 and read more about this bootloader-update.

On page 35 of the manual (in every language) you find the description for an USB-update at a CS 3.

By the way, I did not have any problem by my CS 3 update Vers 1.3.3 via the internet. After a short moment the red point appeared as described in the manual and I could start and finish the complete update.

Thanks a lot.
I read instructions of course but my situation is:
From internet no response
From usb too.
I’m not able to know which mistake I’m doing; even if there is a mistake of course.
Bootloader update must be active? Or not?
This is the only doubt that I have at the moment.

Offline siroljuk  
#46 Posted : 05 August 2018 12:28:40(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
From usb too.
I’m not able to know which mistake I’m doing; even if there is a mistake of course.

Hi Umberto.
Just go to Märklin Web-site: www.Märklin.de
Change to English(if you want)
Then to service and Update CS3,scroll down a bit and click agreement of license and
download the CS3 update file ( 302 MB),
Put this file to empty usb-stick ( must beformatted FAT32)
Put USB-stick to your CS3 and go to CS3 SYSTEM, wait for red spot and start to update.

I hope this helps you

Jukka

Offline umberto56  
#47 Posted : 05 August 2018 12:53:24(UTC)
umberto56

Italy   
From usb too.

Hi Umberto.
Just go to Märklin Web-site: www.Märklin.de
Change to English(if you want)
Then to service and Update CS3,scroll down a bit and click agreement of license and
download the CS3 update file ( 302 MB),
Put this file to empty usb-stick ( must beformatted FAT32)
Put USB-stick to your CS3 and go to CS3 SYSTEM, wait for red spot and start to update.

I hope this helps you

Jukka

Hi Jukka
Maybe FAT32 could be the key of my problem.
Just I’ve finished my holidays, I’ll try.
Thanks a lot

Offline TEEWolf  
#48 Posted : 05 August 2018 19:47:28(UTC)
TEEWolf

Thanks a lot.
From usb too.

If you want to do a bootloader update,
yes, it has to be activated before, because in all other cases it shall be deactivated, as Märklin writes in its help function.

The point is the quite complex procedure to activate or deactivate this menu item at your CS 3.

After starting the CS 3 go to system/settings at the main level
hit the picture with the CS 3
scroll down to bootloader update and activate or deactivate it for whatever position you need - standard should be deactivated!

After setting, scroll up to the menu item "shut down" and shut down the CS 3. Märklin says do not disable the CS 3 in any other way! Disable the CS 3 only via the shut down button.

Detach all other appliances you have connected to the CS 3. No power connection to the tracks, no CAN bus, no MS 2, etc. everything has to be disconnected (of course if you want to update an appliance in addition and connected to the CS 3 than this item has to be connected with the CS 3 - but this is another topic - read more in the help function for these peculiar cases).

Detach your CS 3 from the power for 1 minute. Then re-power your CS 3 and start it simultaneously.

After the new start do not touch the STOP/GO bar!

Look, if an update is indicated at the CS 3 logo on the menu via the internet or start the update again from an USB stick, which you downloaded the update software before as @siroljuk has described in post #46. After you finished your update then deactivate menu item "bootloader update" at your CS 3 with the same procedure as described above.
Offline umberto56  
#49 Posted : 05 August 2018 22:49:43(UTC)
umberto56

Italy   

Thanks a lot.
From usb too.

If you want to do a bootloader update,
yes, it has to be activated before, because in all other cases it shall be deactivated, as Märklin writes in its help function.

The point is the quite complex procedure to activate or deactivate this menu item at your CS 3.

After starting the CS 3 go to system/settings at the main level
hit the picture with the CS 3
scroll down to bootloader update and activate or deactivate it for whatever position you need - standard should be deactivated!

After setting, scroll up to the menu item "shut down" and shut down the CS 3. Märklin says do not disable the CS 3 in any other way! Disable the CS 3 only via the shut down button.

Detach all other appliances you have connected to the CS 3. No power connection to the tracks, no CAN bus, no MS 2, etc. everything has to be disconnected (of course if you want to update an appliance in addition and connected to the CS 3 than this item has to be connected with the CS 3 - but this is another topic - read more in the help function for these peculiar cases).

Detach your CS 3 from the power for 1 minute. Then re-power your CS 3 and start it simultaneously.

After the new start do not touch the STOP/GO bar!

Look, if an update is indicated at the CS 3 logo on the menu via the internet or start the update again from an USB stick, which you downloaded the update software before as @siroljuk has described in post #46. After you finished your update then deactivate menu item "bootloader update" at your CS 3 with the same procedure as described above.

Thank you very much.
Some tips were not in my knowledge.
I’ll try as soon as possible

Offline clapcott  
#50 Posted : 06 August 2018 23:39:49(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW
Info about the Update procedure, including the bootloader option may be found on page 2/6 of the CS3s online help when on the System/Settings screen
(v1.3.3(x))
Peter