Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline timit  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2008 01:27:46(UTC)
timit

Hi -i am a newbie to this forum and an avid collector (and loco engineer) of marklin gauge 1 for my garden railway. Most of my locomotives are battery powered and radio control. One problem however with the garden railway is the amount of damage my locos seem to suffer. Most recently i have damaged the bogies on my Wannentender Class 38 (no.5597). I was wondering if anybody had a spare parts list for this loco and/or knew of a source for spare parts for repair. Hope you can help. Oh by the way i dont know how many of you out there have converted their locos to battery rc but its a doddle and its great to be able to run these fine engines regardless of the state of the track. Will post some photos soon. I Would like to hear of anyone else who has the done battery rc conversions particularly if you have tried alternate (non marklin) sound modules
best regards
Offline intruder  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2008 19:39:11(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Welcome to the forum, timit.

Maybe you already know that Märklin has a "spare part site", with exploded views and spare part lists for a lot of locomotives.
Unfortunately 5597 is not listed there, maybe the closest one will be 5598, a Br 38 with another tender.
Here is a link:
http://www.maerklin.de/de/servi...l?page=1&perpage=97#
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2008 23:23:40(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum, Timit.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline timit  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2008 20:20:08(UTC)
timit

Hi intruder thanks for the reply - the loco code is 55983 but i cant find a diagram anywhere for it. I checked out the class 44 which seems to have similar tender bogies but the bogie assembly is nearly 80 euros so i guess i will have to repair mine -what i really need is a new cup bearing to put the axle end into-any ideas anyone
thanks again
timit

ps steventrain -great railway/collection -i have used the ESU mobile control-thats a great system too-not tried the marklin system though
regards
Offline grnwtrs  
#5 Posted : 19 December 2008 22:25:53(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
I just ordered a number of expendable spare parts for my "fleet" of 5720's, and I discovered that Mother Marklin doesn't recognice the part numbers for the "brushes".

As an example, I gave my friendly dealer the number 60 041 for the brushes, and about a week later he wanted me to confirm that it was a good number. Don't blame he in the least. So I forwared him the list provided to me my Markus a gracious list member, and the dealer later got back to me with the number of 600 350.

I later checked on this site that it is a Marklin number for brushes, but would like to get some sort of confirmation that the "brushes" with this part number is valid for my loks?

I have tried the Marklin site to no avail, but this could be the case of another Duh moment! Any suggestions.?

Offline Markus Schild  
#6 Posted : 20 December 2008 23:20:43(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:[i]

As an example, I gave my friendly dealer the number 60 041 for the brushes, and about a week later he wanted me to confirm that it was a good number. Don't blame he in the least. So I forwared him the list provided to me my Markus a gracious list member, and the dealer later got back to me with the number of 600 350.

I later checked on this site that it is a Marklin number for brushes, but would like to get some sort of confirmation that the "brushes" with this part number is valid for my loks?

Hi,

60041(0) was the number for a pair of two graphite-brushes, which was used on early models. 60035(0) is interchangeable but consists of a graphite and a copper- brush. Later 5720 where equipped with these brushes ex-works.

Regards

Markus
Offline grnwtrs  
#7 Posted : 21 December 2008 22:53:17(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Thanks Markus, for confirmation of the new part number for brushes. The number 600350(one copper & 1 graphite) are in my loks. Looks like Mother M upgraded along the way.

In the meantime, I recalled that another list member made mention of walthers.com, The new USA distributor (2008) for Marklin.com. Well I checked their site, and WOW! They sure gots the stuff.

Went down to Manufacture's and # 442 for Marklin and spare parts. There I found on page 125! the part 600350 with a description "for 1 gauge".

On the same page I also found part # 600660. This latter part carries the description of "oil reservoir sponge" pk/10s. I also need a couple of these. I was going to use "cork" as a sub, but I will try to order this part.

Regards,

Gene
Offline MARKLIN LOVER  
#8 Posted : 21 December 2008 23:02:11(UTC)
MARKLIN LOVER

Timit, just curious how are they getting damaged?, being dropped?, the weather?, please let us know. Also cant wait to see pics, and if u can please some videos, i love the GAUGE1 but don't have the space for them!
Keep em on the rails!

Ivan!