Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TEEWolf  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2018 02:08:29(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello folks,

on the German Mäerklin homepage under

Maerklin > Service > Downloads > CS 3 updates

heading

Software-updates CS 3 / CS 3 plus

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs3-updates/

(do not switch to the EN website. Then the website ends with the "Download Area" - stay at the DE website).

Märklin added a new subtitle "CS3 Hilfe".

A list of 27 topics describes the menues and help functions at a CS 3. Of course and unfortunately only in German available (only for the moment?).

Here is a good translating software too

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Hopefully it helps.

P.S.: the last topic "Missglückter update" relates to the boot loader update. Even the one for a MS 2 is mentioned. (I just described it in another thread

https://www.marklin-user...g-a-MFX-Loco-into-my-MS2 post #26)
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2018 03:05:15(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Umm.
Delivered with Maerklins usual lack of professionalism I see. Specifically version control (the date of the document footer does not count)

Re: https://www.maerklin.de/...ads/Ereignisse_Modus.pdf
This sounds like the functionality described as "Alpha" in the 1.3.0 ChangeLog of over a year ago , and to the best of my knowledge is not actually available.
Does anyone know differently?

=== 1.3.0 Change Log : 21 April 2017 ===============================
Alphatest phase
Extensions Events
In the test are extensions to events. These are preliminary and will not be included in the release.

This includes:
Setting the status of S88 contacts.
Accessories and locomotive control as conditions for waiting or canceling.
=======================================================

=== Google Translate of help file ==================================
Extended functionality of the events

Basic operation events
Notes on the normal operation of the events
- triggering events
Events are basically only triggered by contacts. In the settings of the event, it can be determined whether documents or vacancies trigger the event. The control of the process is realized by control contacts. These allow or prevent the start of events.
- actions in the event
The actions in events are limited to triggering actions only. This means switching accessories, controlling locomotives, and calling other events. Specifically, no contact can be changed.
- Conditions in events
Contacts can influence the course of an event in events. A running event can be paused or canceled {The current options are actually "Delay" and "continue}

Advanced operation events
The essential extension is a generalization. Each action of the CS3 can trigger an event. In an event, each element can also be changed or used as a condition. This basically simple generalization of systematics realizes a very far-reaching extension of the capabilities of events.
- triggering events
When triggering events, all elements are conceivable - except for control contacts. These are a special form of contacts and are reserved for special applications.
- actions in the event
An action in the event can now be the editing of contacts. Thus, a contact can now become a flag and contain an intermediate result. The evaluation of these flags in further events then influences the course of the realized control.
- Conditions in events
Each element in the course of an event can be used as a condition. Events can be influenced depending on a turnout, a locomotive speed or the status of a contact.
- New elements
Additional elements are available for handling special conditions to control the events:
For emergency treatment, 2 additional actions have been introduced:
CS3 stop events stop. These can be used when the implemented controller detects a fault condition. To control the events
additional triggers were realized:
System Startup
CS3 Go
Events-Go These triggers can be used to bring the controller into a desired start state.

Some use cases
Below are some use cases of how the extended events can be used.
- Conditional switching of points
Device As condition
The process implements conditional switching of points. The first step realizes the query of the current position of the switch. This can be recognized by the question mark at the upper left end of the symbol. The setting condition will continue if the switch position is straight ahead. If the turnout is such, the 2nd command is executed and the turnout is switched.
Important note: When creating an event, you can not insert the same elements directly after each other.
Either an intermediate element is inserted and then deleted again, or you select another article and then select the correct article in the properties. Since it generally makes no sense to control the same article in quick succession, this restriction has been retained.
- Check conditions
Flag_Manipulation
The ability to edit contacts and subsequently evaluate the result creates the possibility to shift shared conditions into events. An event checks conditions and sets a flag if successful.
This flag is evaluated in the higher-level event and the further action is carried out in dependence. In this way, it is also possible to carry out multiple nested checks and, for example, Determine and adjust alternative routes.
=======================================================
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2018 04:29:01(UTC)
MaerklinLife

My first thought was that this was in preparation for version 1.3.3. There is a similar screenshot of the extended events in the current edition of Märklin Magazin although not exactly the same picture.

Edited by user 24 June 2018 08:58:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline siroljuk  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2018 15:33:25(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
This sounds like the functionality described as "Alpha" in the 1.3.0 ChangeLog of over a year ago , and to the best of my knowledge is not actually available.
Does anyone know differently?

Hello.
I think that this is what we might get in version 1.3.3 ( in near future anyway), You are right Peter, in the first document of CS3/CS3Plus there was, not exactly in text but between rows in text, and in one picture information what is perhaps coming in future.

I really hope that Märklin will release such version that complex conditional use of events is possible. Better than was in CS2. I know that it is not easy to program such version but possible it surely is.
I hope we get new version soonBigGrin BigGrin

Regards
Jukka
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 27 June 2018 01:06:47(UTC)
TEEWolf

Today I received my "Die Maerklin-Web-News 249 (06/2018)" e-mail.

Oh, what a surprise:

Almost at the bottom of the mail I found this note

"CS 3 Help on the Internet. Many important information and tips for handling the CS3 can now be found in detail on our website."

and the link to the Märklin homepage:

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs3-updates/

It is the same link as I listed above already.BigGrin