Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dominator  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2018 06:41:13(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
My sound has disappeared from my 39640Crying . Every thing appears to be okHuh . Is it the decoder or the speaker?Confused Huh

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2018 07:35:32(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Dereck,

What are you using as a controller? Was there anything that happened just before it stopped working?
If you disconnect the speaker from the PC board, you can test to see whether it is still working.

I was looking here to see how the internals are put together: http://www.dermodellbahn...9640-maerklin-inside.htm

I am not 100% certain, but it looks like the speaker is powered by those two white cables that are mounted to the PC board at the right rear.
You should be able to test those outputs for some electrical activity when sounds are activated. A light bulb or multimetre should confirm whether the decoder is still emitting

One thing that I recommend is to remove the lok from the digital tracks, let it sit for a while and then place it on an analog track (test track or layout). Let it run a bit in analog mode, then let sit again and then put it back into digital service. Sometimes, a decoder can reboot following the change from digital to analog and back.

At the same time, if you disactivate mfx, you can try to see whether you can get it to respond to MM using address 64. Use the same procedure as above when switching between MFX and MM.

Please let us know whether it works again or whether it does not respond at all.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2018 09:18:11(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
My sound has disappeared from my 39640Crying . Every thing appears to be okHuh . Is it the decoder or the speaker?Confused Huh

Dereck

Same problem i did had for some years ago.
Märklin did send an new locomotive to me and the old still in the factory at Göppingen.
It could be either speaker or decoder if not both.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline dominator  
#4 Posted : 30 April 2018 12:29:04(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Hi Mike, I will have a go at putting it the analogue circuit. Hadn't thought of that. Nothing happened that could have caused the sound to stop working apart from the problem I had attempting to get the rail bus running. That seems to be the simplest test to do. Many thanks for your input here. Still a lot I don't know. Its all been working well over the last few years so have had no need to investigate.
Anders, hopefully Mikes suggestions helps.

Got the loco running on analogue for a few minutes and have now taken it of the track. Will try it on the digital tomorrow. Its amazing how easy it is to operate on either system.

Dereck

Edited by user 01 May 2018 00:43:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dominator  
#5 Posted : 01 May 2018 09:49:07(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Put the loco on the track controlled by the MS2 V 1.81 and it went. pushed the sound button and got chuff chuff chuff chuff out of it then nothing. That's what it started doing.
I then placed it on the track controlled by the MS2 V 2.5 and it would not even register. The loco number isn't even it it's data base.

Lasse's question again. PS: I assume you have the cable from MS2 that will connect to front end of CS2 or CS3? Because I dont have any such cable...

All I have is the two MS2's and their track boxes. No extra cables. Can anyone please let us know what we need to download the latest version 2.7 from a CS2.

Dereck
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2018 03:12:29(UTC)
TEEWolf

Put the loco on the track controlled by the MS2 V 1.81 and it went. pushed the sound button and got chuff chuff chuff chuff out of it then nothing. That's what it started doing.
I then placed it on the track controlled by the MS2 V 2.5 and it would not even register. The loco number isn't even it it's data base.

Lasse's question again. PS: I assume you have the cable from MS2 that will connect to front end of CS2 or CS3? Because I dont have any such cable...

All I have is the two MS2's and their track boxes. No extra cables. Can anyone please let us know what we need to download the latest version 2.7 from a CS2.

Dereck

Hello Dereck,

you got 2 MS 2 and 2 trackboxes or 1 trackbox? How many trackboxes do you connect with your layout on the one side and with a MS 2 on the other side?

How to update a CS 2 AND MS 2 please read here Märklin's description

https://www.maerklin.de/...e/downloads/cs2-updates/

On page 22 in the manual for a MS 2 you see all possibilities for the connection of a MS 2 with a CS 2. For your purposes it is totally sufficient connecting your MS 2 at the front side of a CS 2. Therefore you only need the cable which is fixed at the MS 2.

Yes, there is another possibility to connect a MS 2 with a CS 2. First you need a terminal 60125 grey or 60145 black to plug into a socket of a CS 2, at the back side!!!

Into the 60125 you can plug in another MS 2 – but not directly. You need the adapter cable 60124 between the terminal and the MS 2. Because the terminal has sockets with only 7 pins. The plug at the MS 2 has 10 Pins. The adapter cable reduces from 10 to 7 pins. I guess this is the cable you are writing about and asking for and you did not get. But as above mentioned, you do not need this possibility, because you can use the sockets at the front of a CS 2 for a direct plug in of a MS 2. They have 10 pins too.

For the update you and Lasse only need to plug in a MS 2 in one of the front sockets at the CS 2.

Regards

Wolfgang
Offline dominator  
#7 Posted : 06 May 2018 01:34:16(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
HI Wolfgang. i have 3 separate isolated circuits because most of my engines are analogue. Where the circuits join up, I also have glued pickup shoe trippers so when a loco transfers from one circuit to another, the shoe cannot contact both sets of puko's. I don't usually allow the locos to change circuits but accidents have happened.
So in answer to your question,
[Hello Dereck,

you got 2 MS 2 and 2 trackboxes or 1 trackbox? How many trackboxes do you connect with your layout on the one side and with a MS 2 on the other side?]

Two MS2's AND Two TRACK BOXES.

Later I intend to control two or even three circuits together using 2 MS2's and one track box.

Dereck
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline White Buffalo  
#8 Posted : 06 May 2018 02:42:17(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
If it turns out to be the decoder and not under warrranty, I would consider replacing it with an ESU docoder and an apple iphone speaker. When the sound went out on my BR50 I sent it to Scott at Helmut's Hobbies. I've broken more items than I have fixed lately so I sent it to him. All I can say is Wow to the new sound. The iphone speaker(s) sure sound great with the ESU v4 decoder. I actually had to reduce the volume since it was bothering my daughter when she was trying to go to sleep BigGrin . In addition, the sound seems to be much clearer than the other digital locomotives I have.BigGrin Plus Scott pulls apart and cleans the motor so that everything is like it was when it was new.

Here are a couple of video clips, I hope they do it justice. I want to thank Scott at Hemlut's Hobbies. I have sent him a few items over the last year and his work & service are top notch (Prima auf Deutsch) in my book.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by White Buffalo
Offline dominator  
#9 Posted : 13 May 2018 22:48:59(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Got my BR64 running on both MS2's last night. unfortunately, the sound worked it seemed for a split second then stopped. Lasse thought he could hear static from the speaker. We measured the voltage at the speaker and the smoke generator contact and both were about 4 volts. We measured a working sound loco of Lasse's and that was 5 volts at the speaker.
Does anyone know what the voltage range at the speaker is supposed to be.

Many thanks

Dereck

PS the smoke worked last night on the BR64.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 13 May 2018 23:39:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Got my BR64 running on both MS2's last night. unfortunately, the sound worked it seemed for a split second then stopped. Lasse thought he could hear static from the speaker. We measured the voltage at the speaker and the smoke generator contact and both were about 4 volts. We measured a working sound loco of Lasse's and that was 5 volts at the speaker.
Does anyone know what the voltage range at the speaker is supposed to be.

Many thanks

Dereck

PS the smoke worked last night on the BR64.

This sounds to me like the speaker has died, your description of scratchy sound could be typical of this when the speaker doesn't fail outright.

I'm not sure which generation of decoder is in these - if it is an early one it may have a Loksound 3.5 derived Marklin decoder in which case it would use a 100 ohm speaker. All the later generations of Marklin decoders use 8 ohm speakers.

Offline dominator  
#11 Posted : 14 May 2018 02:21:14(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Hi Alan, If i took a photo of it, do you think it may be identified easily. Its probably original in the 39640 loco. It looks pretty complicated and compact in there.

Hi Rich you mentioned using an Apple I-Phone speaker. I wonder if you could let me know the part no, size and resistance please as Alan has mentioned above. I will need to measure the size of that speaker. A bit fiddly to get at.

Many thanks

Dereck
Offline Danlake  
#12 Posted : 14 May 2018 02:54:03(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Dereck,

I checked on Marklin website and appears to be a 23mm 8 ohm speaker.

See link below:

https://www.maerklinshop...rds=39640&iBrandId=1

Esu speakers and iPhone speakers etc. normally comes in a little plastic case to enhance the sound, however don’t think there will be space enough inside the little tank loco.

Maybe something like this or you could try and buy the actual spare part from Marklin. Hopefully someone can advise regarding voltage and what watt rating th3 speaker should have?

https://www.ebay.com/itm...:mFMpVYDpQ7Fmh6pEymzClAA

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline dominator  
#13 Posted : 14 May 2018 03:48:19(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
21 euro from Marklin and 99 cents from China. I wonder what the difference will be. If Marklin source their stuff in China, they may be the same. Could be an idea to buy 5 of them from China and cut my losses if they are as good as their price.

Thanks for that Lasse.
Offline skeeterbuck  
#14 Posted : 14 May 2018 12:44:01(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
According to the parts diagram the speaker used in this loco is Märklin part 508613.

Here is a listing showing the speaker. As can be easily seen, the speaker is 100 ohm and 0.5 watt. I would recommend a speaker that is also 100 ohm. The power rating needs to be at least 0.5 watts or better. You can measure the diameter of the speaker that's in there now to get the correct size. Hope this helps and good luck!

Chuck

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/...il-Neuware-/252268639868

Offline kiwiAlan  
#15 Posted : 14 May 2018 14:32:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: skeeterbuck Go to Quoted Post
According to the parts diagram the speaker used in this loco is Märklin part 508613.

Here is a listing showing the speaker. As can be easily seen, the speaker is 100 ohm and 0.5 watt. I would recommend a speaker that is also 100 ohm. The power rating needs to be at least 0.5 watts or better. You can measure the diameter of the speaker that's in there now to get the correct size. Hope this helps and good luck!

Chuck

If it is listed as 100 ohm then it will be an ESU speaker. ESU still supply the 100 ohm speakers i believe, and speaker failure was a common problem in these speakers.
Offline TEEWolf  
#16 Posted : 14 May 2018 19:04:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

21 euro from Marklin and 99 cents from China. I wonder what the difference will be. If Marklin source their stuff in China, they may be the same. Could be an idea to buy 5 of them from China and cut my losses if they are as good as their price.

Thanks for that Lasse.

Somebody was asking about pictures from the loco BR 64 (39640). I found some in German and Dutch. But picture is picture as well as the technical details are always in the "same language".BigGrin

Links:

https://wiki.3rail.nl/index.php/M%C3%A4rklin_39640

https://wiki.3rail.nl/in...in_SoftDrive_Sinus_Motor

https://wiki.3rail.nl/in..._39640-motor-decoder.jpg

outside
http://www.dermodellbahn...39640/39640-maerklin.htm

inside
http://www.dermodellbahn...9640-maerklin-inside.htm

Finally a picture from Stummi community with a 28 mm loudspeaker and a 27 Ohm resistor on the loudspeaker. But the pic shows a model BR 50 not BR 64. It is just to show the loudspeaker with the resistor.

https://stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=61006

But in this thread they write about the 28 mm loudspeaker. By this type of loudspeaker several people had with various type of locos problems and Maerklin are very well informed about this trouble shooting loudspeaker. So probably for your BR 64 it is the loudspeaker too - nothing else.

When you translate the text from post #7 "Märklin BR 64 39640 Sound" he explained he had problems with two locos. First time he sent it to Maerklin and waiting ages getting it repaired back. Second time he called Maerklin told them his problem and Maerklin sent him a new loudspeaker with an 27 Ohm resistor on it. He himself changed this one against the old one. Since them the loco is working fine.

What I myself do not understand: he got the loudspeaker from Maerklin with a 27 Ohm resistor and said it is all right. Does not all loudspeaker have this resistor as a standard equipment built in from Märklin?

In post # 6 of this thread another member is writing he shall use a 100 Ohm resistor otherwise the decoder will blew up. Perhaps here somebody else may explain the discrepancy.

Offline Minok  
#17 Posted : 14 May 2018 21:36:14(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Chuck

If it is listed as 100 ohm then it will be an ESU speaker. ESU still supply the 100 ohm speakers i believe, and speaker failure was a common problem in these speakers.

I'm confused. This is for the 39650 BR 64 right? The Märklin website, selecting the "replacement parts list" is showing me in a pop up of replacement parts one can order:
34 E116769 Lautsprecher 23 mm 8 Ohm 21€

The user manual also lists: 34 Lautsprecher 116 769

Where is the documentation that its a 100 Ohm speaker?

Maybe thats the problem that the wrong speaker was specified and documented, and a higher Ohm (lower current) speaker is actually needed for the decoder, so that some are adding additional resistance inline?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline skeeterbuck  
#18 Posted : 14 May 2018 22:22:57(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Chuck

I'm confused. This is for the 39650 BR 64 right? The Märklin website, selecting the "replacement parts list" is showing me in a pop up of replacement parts one can order:
34 E116769 Lautsprecher 23 mm 8 Ohm 21€

The user manual also lists: 34 Lautsprecher 116 769

Where is the documentation that its a 100 Ohm speaker?

Maybe thats the problem that the wrong speaker was specified and documented, and a higher Ohm (lower current) speaker is actually needed for the decoder, so that some are adding additional resistance inline?

In post #12 there is a link to the Märklin website to a parts diagram. I looked up (Google) the part number for the speaker and it led me to a ebay listing where it shows the speaker and I linked to it in my post #14. You can clearly read the specs on the speaker @ 100 ohms and 0.5 watts.

Chuck

Offline dominator  
#19 Posted : 14 May 2018 23:11:29(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
In post 12, Lasse has found the link to the Marklin site which shows part no. 508613 23 mm 8 ohm speaker. He also showed a link to a source of speakers from China. 23 mm 8 ohm 1 watt speakers. 10 for $10.15 NZ inc freight.
Now the Marklin one at 21 euro would probably cost me about $50.00 for one speaker landed in NZ.

As I mentioned in post 13, Marklin probably sources their speakers from China so what would be the difference. I thought about it for a couple of minutes then ordered 10 Chinese speakers. What the hell, if they are wrong its only $10.00 NZ

I am a bit confused by the talk of the 28 mm speaker and it having to be 100 ohm, 0.5 watt and the need for a 27 Ohm resistor.

Have I now got confused?????

The loco is rather fiddly to get at so I wasn't able to remove the speaker till later tonight. If it is 28 mm, will I be able to use the 23 mm, and if so, what if any resistor should I use with it. I can always make up an adapter to make it fit snugly in the 28 mm hole. It seemed to just clip in.

Dereck
Offline Danlake  
#20 Posted : 15 May 2018 02:14:58(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
I would trust the Marklin website first.

A random eBay dealer, listing a speaker with Marklin spare part number could easily be a mistake from his/her side or trying to sell speakers that may cover a larger range?

I think you should be ok Dereck with those speakers as you have chosen a watt rating of 1W and looking at the photos I am sure these speakers will fit in your loco. But how the quality will be can of course be the unknown until it gets tested. But considering the low cost it’s worth a tryBigGrin

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline dominator  
#21 Posted : 31 May 2018 10:04:45(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
The speakers have arrived. Pretty good. 2 weeks and 2 days.

Problem. They have 4 terminals. the ones advertised had 2 terminals. I have emailed the seller so hopefully they can enlighten me.

Dereck
Offline dominator  
#22 Posted : 06 June 2018 00:34:22(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Excuse the language, but I am pissing myself laughingFlapper Flapper Flapper Glare . Marklins web site or parts list is wrongGlare Glare . I got the speakers ok and fitted one. Sounds all working now but bloody awful. Tried another speaker and much the same. Had a look at the speaker that came out to see it was a 100 ohm 0.5 watt speaker, not the 8 ohm 1 watt that was on the marklin site. i HAVE REMOVED THE SPEAKER AND ISOLATED THE WIRES IN THE MEAN TIME IN CASE IT STUFFS THE DECODER. Oh well, only $10.00 down the drain but good experience and very easy to fit. Just needed the body removed and the screw at the back holding the decoder to the frame. The speaker could be eased out without removing the decoder.
At least I know it was just the speaker which was faulty.

DereckLOL LOL
Offline xxup  
#23 Posted : 06 June 2018 01:54:22(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
An ESU 50441 speaker should do the job, but I think that it is out of production - used for Loksoud v3.5. You might be better off trying the Chinese guy to see if he has anything...
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Danlake  
#24 Posted : 06 June 2018 02:50:51(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Dereck,

Looks like Dion from TootToot in ChCh has a Esu 23mm speaker 100 ohm in stock for a merely 15$ ThumpUp

See this page: http://www.toottoot.co.nz/products/Esu_catalog.php

Best Regards
Lasse
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline dominator  
#25 Posted : 06 June 2018 04:24:02(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Ordered from Toot Toot.
Dereck
Offline Minok  
#26 Posted : 06 June 2018 22:28:46(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Marklins web site or parts list is wrong...Had a look at the speaker that came out to see it was a 100 ohm 0.5 watt speaker, not the 8 ohm 1 watt that was on the marklin site.

Well that isn't good at all, assuming the 100ohm speaker is what was fitted by the factory as designed.

Speaker ohm ratings need to be matched to the capability of the amplifier output capabilities, so its the decoder's speaker output that determines if the speaker needs to be 8ohm or 100ohm, and I'd really expect there would be some consistency in this regard, as it makes little sense to have a mix of decoder designs for a variety of speaker loads. Plug the wrong load speaker to an amp and it can make the amp work too hard and harm it worst case, or make the sound really low and awful. Of course it is possible the decoder's amplifier output is capable of driving a very wide range of speaker impedance and adjusting accordingly, so the actual speaker's impedance isn't as critical, but I'd not think that were the case with such a wide range difference from 8ohm to 100ohm. In audio gear one can find 6-8 ohm being ok, but often 4 to 8 ohm requires a switch be set on the amplifier for the change.

If the Märklin docs for the loco (decoder) are wrong, please contact Märklin about it and get some clarity - best case the will maybe fix the incorrect documentation.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline dominator  
#27 Posted : 06 June 2018 23:56:24(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Confused Miss direction! Marketing ploy?Confused Confused Flapper
Offline dominator  
#28 Posted : 13 August 2018 11:09:37(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I have been informed the 100 ohm 0.5 watt speaker is not available. Would anyone know where I can Get one please.

Dereck
Offline kiwiAlan  
#29 Posted : 13 August 2018 14:34:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I have been informed the 100 ohm 0.5 watt speaker is not available. Would anyone know where I can Get one please.

Dereck

I believe they are still available from ESU.
Offline dominator  
#30 Posted : 13 August 2018 22:38:15(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Thanks Alan. Have just asked our local Marklin dealer about it again and mentioned ESU. Have just got back from a 3 week tour of WA so time to look again now.
Dereck
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 13 August 2018 22:52:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Thanks Alan. Have just asked our local Marklin dealer about it again and mentioned ESU. Have just got back from a 3 week tour of WA so time to look again now.
Dereck

If you haven't already, try toottoot in Christchurch.

Offline dominator  
#32 Posted : 14 August 2018 09:39:06(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
That who I have been asking and he has been in contact with ESU in both U.S. and Europe and they say the speakers are now unavailable. He originally though the had one and took a while getting back to me because he had been searching his stock for me.
Dereck
Offline dominator  
#33 Posted : 15 August 2018 13:17:21(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
If it is true that these 100 ohm 0.5 watt speakers are not available, what would it take to get them made. There must be thousands of these speaker in locos around the world and it does seem that they will all fail. Someone suggest changing the decoder. that might be cheaper in the long run, but at some stage, there may be another development which might make the currently available speakers not available as well.

How many loco out there have these speakers? I for one, would buy more than one, if the cost was right. Maybe we could approach ESU to place a large order, supported by all those with these locos.

Dereck

PS maybe the heading on this thread ought to be changed to reflect the subject better. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it.Confused Confused Flapper Flapper
Offline Chook  
#34 Posted : 15 August 2018 13:27:44(UTC)
Chook

Australia   
Dereck I had a quick look today for a 100 ohm to 8 ohm miniature audio transformer in Altronics, Jaycar and briefly in Mouser without luck. Essentially a transformer will trick the decoder into believing that it is powering a 100 ohm speaker even though it is 8 ohms (impedance matching). The transformer can be mounted anywhere you have room in the loco as the length of wire in this instance is not critical. I would expect to pay somewhere in the order of $5 (Aussie) for one.

Good luck.

Regards............Chook.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chook
Offline Goofy  
#35 Posted : 15 August 2018 14:21:39(UTC)
Goofy

You have to buy an new complete sound decoder with the speaker.
If you have possible to download sound file for the BR64 too...
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline TEEWolf  
#36 Posted : 15 August 2018 20:02:41(UTC)
TEEWolf

If it is true that these 100 ohm 0.5 watt speakers are not available, what would it take to get them made. There must be thousands of these speaker in locos around the world and it does seem that they will all fail. Someone suggest changing the decoder. that might be cheaper in the long run, but at some stage, there may be another development which might make the currently available speakers not available as well.

How many loco out there have these speakers? I for one, would buy more than one, if the cost was right. Maybe we could approach ESU to place a large order, supported by all those with these locos.

Dereck

PS maybe the heading on this thread ought to be changed to reflect the subject better. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it.Confused Confused Flapper Flapper

Hello Dereck,

back from the holidays? And already the MRR ruin your recreation?

I am not an electronic engineer, so I cannot tell you which loudspeaker will exactly fit for your BR 64. But Märklin or a Märklin dealer should know it and have one of these mini loudspeakers in stock, perhaps even left from a sound decoder or where else. The msd/3 always comes with a round and a rectangle mini loudspeaker. Is there not always one remaining?

I only searched for you in the German internet and got some addresses. It needs plenty of time to study their stock equipment. It is huge and finding you are looking for not easy. Perhaps you have to send them a mail too, asking what you are looking for and if they got it and can provide yoou with the correc and exact part.

Some have their web site in English available - some unfortunately not. I just send you the addresse and hopefully they will help you.

https://www.reichelt.de/...8c19c742&LANGUAGE=EN

https://www.lautsprecher...turlautsprecher.html?p=1

https://www.amazon.de/La...ingel-A285/dp/B00R1UQBLE

https://www.conrad.com/c...searchType=mainSearchBar

https://www.conrad.de/de...R_TYPE=Piezo-Signalgeber

http://www.ledprofishop....5331%2FProducts%2F04-006

also some pictures from Google:

https://www.google.de/se...amp;bih=432&dpr=2.07

Hopefully it helps you and yes a lot of work to find where are you looking for.

But today I had my Summer-X-mas time. BigGrin My Insider Crocodile 39567 has arrvied today! I cannot believe it yet. Have to go back playing a little bit with it.Smile

Regards

Wolfgang

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Online river6109  
#37 Posted : 15 August 2018 20:31:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square

Dereck

ESU had their holiday break until today so I will contact them and find out whether or not they have any left in stock as it is an outgoing item

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Jamoak 1  
#38 Posted : 12 March 2019 00:30:09(UTC)
Jamoak 1

United States   
Hello to everyone,
I’ve been hanging around the forum the last couple of years, thanks for the great info!
My brother and I both have a 39640 with low sound levels. We found some 23mmx100ohm speakers, from Bryan at SBSADCC.com. What was special though was the sound chambers that came with them. Added the chamber first and couldn’t believe the difference! Went from barely audible to full sound. The were listed as ESU 50442, the package label reads Zimo MX63. Hope this helps out somebody somewhere! 🚞 I’ll try and post some pics or video later...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jamoak 1
Offline dominator  
#39 Posted : 12 March 2019 01:57:57(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Holy crap, I forgot to let you all know that I managed to buy several speakers [ all he had ] from John Agnew in Auckland. Nice to know they are available from somewhere else as well. They are hard to get so best get some spares as they are reputed to fail.
Dereck