Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rglasinovic  
#1 Posted : 25 May 2018 19:37:43(UTC)
rglasinovic

Chile   
Hello all.

This is my first post here, so first af all greeting for all of you and thanks for sharing your experience and knowdledge.

Well, my question could be very simple.

Are the tracks included in My World starter sets (for children 3+) the same as the traditional C tracks equipped with 3-rail that grown ones (like me) use with AC locomotives?

I would like to initiate my son (5 yo) in this world, but I'm concerned about AC... I remember to have receoved some electrics shocks on my fingers when I was initiated by my dad when iI was 7 yo (while i was playing alone XD)

So, I would to know if these tracks could be integrated to my C-Track layout. Inversly, I understand these baterry operated locos can run over normal C-Tracks.

Thanks for all.

Best regards.
Best regards
Raul Glasinovic
Offline sjbartels  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2018 20:00:43(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Well, the answer to that is yes and no....

Which model MyMarklin set do you have? Some of them do have C track that is the exact same as Marklin C track. The later sets however, to save money, Marklin stopped putting C track in and started using completely plastic track instead. That obviously is not compatible. So check the track, if it's all plastic, then no, if there is metal, then yes

Post the model number of the set and we can tell for sure.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjbartels
H0
Offline kweekalot  
#3 Posted : 25 May 2018 23:24:13(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Welcome to the forum.
But why did you post your question in the 'I want to sell' forum ?

I have moved the topic now to the General MRR forum.

Marco
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 26 May 2018 03:56:23(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: rglasinovic Go to Quoted Post
Hello all.

This is my first post here, so first af all greeting for all of you and thanks for sharing your experience and knowdledge.

Well, my question could be very simple.

Are the tracks included in My World starter sets (for children 3+) the same as the traditional C tracks equipped with 3-rail that grown ones (like me) use with AC locomotives?

I would like to initiate my son (5 yo) in this world, but I'm concerned about AC... I remember to have receoved some electrics shocks on my fingers when I was initiated by my dad when iI was 7 yo (while i was playing alone XD)

So, I would to know if these tracks could be integrated to my C-Track layout. Inversly, I understand these baterry operated locos can run over normal C-Tracks.

Thanks for all.

Best regards.

Welcome to the community and happy playing with Märklin.

Answer to your question is: NO.

I saw these MyWorld tracks at the IMA days at Märklin in Goeppingen. They were a real joy for the kids. Have seldom seen such pleasure at playing kids. But I also realized that these tracks did not have the pukos between the tracks in the middle of the track-bed. So they are useless for an AC Märklin use.

You may use it for TRIX with DC (they do not need the pukos), but I cannot tell you, because I never used Trix and/or DC.

But all tracks form the start-up program

https://www.maerklin.de/...art-up/products-catalog/

from Märklin are usable for the complete Märklin program. Why don't you use C-tracks with pukos but do not connect it with current for your son? Then you always can change the batterie operation against electric usage with the digital controlling?

Strange, I just realized via the English website from Märklin you do not get the 2018 Start-up catalog. Here is the link for the 2018 one:
https://www.maerklin.de/...atalog2018_DE_low_es.pdf
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2018 08:10:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
I have moved the topic now to the General MRR forum.
Thanks for moving. The question is H0 specific and "General MRR" is not the best option.

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
You may use it for TRIX with DC (they do not need the pukos), but I cannot tell you, because I never used Trix and/or DC.
The early My World starter sets had regular Märklin C Track with Pukos. Can be used for Märklin trains, can be used for Trix trains with a simple modification.

Recent My World sets have plastic rails. The trains get no power from the track, neither three-rail trains nor two-rail trains. No metal rails at all!

So I'm with Sancho: old track with metal rails is compatible and can be used, new track with plastic rails is not electrically compatible.
It can still be used for sidings to park consists - but locos cannot operate there.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2018 11:53:12(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I would buy kids a start set with C track. Maybe more expensive but can save in the future when changing to the real thing.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2018 18:15:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
Well, the answer to that is yes and no....

Which model MyMarklin set do you have? Some of them do have C track that is the exact same as Marklin C track. The later sets however, to save money, Marklin stopped putting C track in and started using completely plastic track instead. That obviously is not compatible. So check the track, if it's all plastic, then no, if there is metal, then yes

Post the model number of the set and we can tell for sure.

Well, the plastic track IS compatible in that it will plug into the C Track, you just cannot run your normal locos on it as there are only plastic centre studs and plastic rails. But you can get a wagon in the MyMarklin range that has the magnetic coupling on one end and a Relex coupling on the other so you can run normal HOBBY range wagons on the battery powered track.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 26 May 2018 18:21:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Answer to your question is: NO.

I saw these MyWorld tracks at the IMA days at Märklin in Goeppingen. They were a real joy for the kids. Have seldom seen such pleasure at playing kids. But I also realized that these tracks did not have the pukos between the tracks in the middle of the track-bed. So they are useless for an AC Märklin use.

That is not correct either. There are pukos - but they are plastic, so you could pull wagons that have pickup shoes through these tracks, you just won't be able to power whatever is on the wagon.

But you cannot run Trix or any other 2 rail locos that require track power either as the rails are plastic as well - the track pieces are one piece plastic mouldings with the pukos and rails.
Offline rglasinovic  
#9 Posted : 14 June 2018 19:52:04(UTC)
rglasinovic

Chile   
Thanks to all for your answers.

I will go for a kids set with C Tracks (if I could find one), in orther to use and expand with my layout.

Best regards.

Best regards
Raul Glasinovic