Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2018 10:05:24(UTC)
Goofy

Why is there no 32 functions with the MS2? Since Märklin did present new digital locomotives more than 16 functions and CS2 has been upgraded to 32 functions there should be same for the MS2.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 21 March 2018 10:15:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Why is there no 32 functions with the MS2? Since Märklin did present new digital locomotives more than 16 functions and CS2 has been upgraded to 32 functions there should be same for the MS2.

Because it is the entry level controller. If there was a facility to use 32 functions on it there would be reduced incentive to upgrade.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
H0
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 21 March 2018 10:33:02(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Its awkward enough pressing and holding the shift key on an MS2 in order to then press a button to activate function 9 to 16. With two more sets of eight functions you would have to be nearly an octopus!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 21 March 2018 10:49:31(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
Its awkward enough pressing and holding the shift key on an MS2 in order to then press a button to activate function 9 to 16. With two more sets of eight functions you would have to be nearly an octopus!

Not necessarily.

They could make the shift key a latching button (in software) so that each successive tap gives you a new page of functions.

Whether you would want to go to the trouble of tapping 'shift' three times and then hitting the fourth sound icon on the left, just to realise that instead of getting the sound of rail gaps you get the conductor sneezing...well that's up to each individual.

I don't understand why we need 16 functions, never mind 32!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 21 March 2018 14:55:40(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
with steam locos it is possible to use 32 functions, they are of course not all sound slots but rather split into 6 Aux functions, notch up or down, switching mode, acceleration mode and the rest are sound slots.
coal shoveling, steam hiss, steam blow, break release, break squeal, rail clank, curve squeal, compressor, air pump, water pump, numerous station announcements, numerous radio messages, horn, whistle, coupling, bell, injector, conductor signal, pantograph up and down and others.

it becomes a different scenario when you operate a large layout by yourself and you try to activate several sound slots at the same time for different locos.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline skeeterbuck  
#6 Posted : 21 March 2018 15:07:14(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
16 functions is enough for me. Do we really need 32 functions? I sometimes wonder if anyone uses more than several with any regularity.

Chuck
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by skeeterbuck
Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 21 March 2018 19:48:39(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Rather than the shift button pulling up the alternate functions while shift is held down, one could use shift to 'page through' the various functions, as has been said.

I agree with others that the need for 32 functions is somewhat limited. Its nice having all those sounds I'm sure, however when looking for the functions and sounds that come with the locomotives, I could probably pick 8 to 10 as being the primary ones I'd use, and some of them I'd never use. So a great capability would be a configuration screen/UI solution where the user of the MS2 could choose to assign virtual buttons on a separate screen, to any of the functions, and then have that be the main screen for a loco.

So the 'dumping the ash' or 'sanding' sound I'd almost never use I suspect, while some of the model specific sounds such as walkie/radio chatter, which often is put way out on the high functions, WOULD be something I'd want to use regularly.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 22 March 2018 09:23:59(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Because it is the entry level controller. If there was a facility to use 32 functions on it there would be reduced incentive to upgrade.

You did missunderstand me.
I mean the new black box and black MS2.
They seems have more capacity the store of the memory.
Some shopstore verified too that when you buy new MS2 it has already version 2.5.

H0
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 22 March 2018 14:16:08(UTC)
H0

The grey MS2s had hardware version 2.0 or 2.1, the new "black" MS2s have hardware version 2.1. There is nothing a "black" MS2 can do that late grey MS2s cannot also do.

Some shopstore verified too that when you buy new MS2 it has already version 2.5.
The current version is 2.7 - and AFAIK there is no support for 32 functions.

It is an entry-level starter set controller and probably they have no interest to add support for 32 functions.
Some folks heard at the factory that Märklin were thinking about supporting 32 functions with the MS2.
So maybe it will come, maybe it won't. Let's just wait for the official announcement.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 22 March 2018 14:56:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

You did missunderstand me.

No, I didn't misunderstand you. As others have pointed out, the black ms2 and box are exactly the same as the grey ones, it is just that marketing wanted the colour changed to match the cs3. The black ms2 is still an entry level controller.
Offline TGV POS  
#11 Posted : 16 April 2018 21:00:34(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
Marklin should make a MS3 with 32 fonction and maybe the consumables of the train with mfx+ decoder.
Offline Purellum  
#12 Posted : 16 April 2018 23:01:44(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: TGV POS Go to Quoted Post
Marklin should make a MS3 with 32 fonction and maybe the consumables of the train with mfx+ decoder.

The already do; it's called a CS3.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline kiwiAlan  
#13 Posted : 16 April 2018 23:11:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

Per.

Cool

Agreed. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline RayF  
#14 Posted : 17 April 2018 00:10:54(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Cool

Per.

Cool

I disagree, though I suspect you're just being "tongue in cheek".

The MS2 and any replacement (MS3?) will continue to be an entry level controller with none of the more complicated abilities of the Central stations.

However, in the same way that they added the ability to control solenoid devices in a limited way on the MS2 they could also cater for 32 functions, even if it's harder to use in practice. I'm not sure about the consumables. I still think you might need the larger display to achieve this properly.

Not everyone wants to spend a small fortune on a Central station. Those of us with small layouts are quite happy with the capabilities of the Mobile station, and as a bonus it allows you a bit of movement rather than being stuck in front of a console with a larger device. Why deny this group of users the extra functions? We'll have to wait and see if Marklin is willing to go down this road.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Minok  
#15 Posted : 17 April 2018 00:48:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

The MS2 and any replacement (MS3?) will continue to be an entry level controller with none of the more complicated abilities of the Central stations.

However, in the same way that they added the ability to control solenoid devices in a limited way on the MS2 they could also cater for 32 functions, even if it's harder to use in practice.

If the MSx had an ability to have the user configure which of the 32 functions are mapped to the lok homescreen - so we can pick the top 8 we want, for example, and then page through the full list if needed, that would really help.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Goofy  
#16 Posted : 17 April 2018 09:30:19(UTC)
Goofy

Cool

Per.

Cool

TGV POS did wroted about MS2.
So get to the point about mobil station...not the CS3!!

Flapper

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Purellum  
#17 Posted : 17 April 2018 10:11:41(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I disagree, though I suspect you're just being "tongue in cheek".

You got it, although I don't think from a business perspective that Märklin should sell a entry level controller, which could do the same as their top level controller.

You didn't get it. LOL

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
If the MSx had an ability to have the user configure which of the 32 functions are mapped to the lok homescreen - so we can pick the top 8 we want, for example, and then page through the full list if needed, that would really help.

That could be an idea; but still, IMHO, the whole idea of a cheap entry level controller is to make the customers want more.

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#18 Posted : 18 April 2018 09:22:40(UTC)
Goofy

You didn't get it. LOL

Per.

The topic is only about MS2.
Not the CS3!

So still you haven´t get it in the mind yet?

H0
Offline Purellum  
#19 Posted : 18 April 2018 10:05:43(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Not the CS3!

Yes, I write about the MS2, and I therefore mention the CS3.

Exactly like you did in your first post, where you mentioned the CS2.

So still you haven´t get it in the mind yet?

I wonder what is on your mind; for the last 11½ year, all you have done is to find "problems" with Märklin and often also other users here.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#20 Posted : 19 April 2018 09:27:09(UTC)
Goofy

Not the CS3!

I wonder what is on your mind; for the last 11½ year, all you have done is to find "problems" with Märklin and often also other users here.

Per.

I did present MS2 should upgrade like CS2 to 32 functions.
There is no need to been forcement to buy an CS2 or 3 just to use 32 functions?
My mind about Märklin is that like others problem says Märklin doesn´t have good quality after all with the problems.
So i´m not alone to see what is the problem or to present defaults with the Märklins products.
MS2 must have 32 functions so customer do have possible to use all digital functions too in the locomotive.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#21 Posted : 19 April 2018 12:07:48(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

MS2 must have 32 functions so customer do have possible to use all digital functions too in the locomotive.

I have an old DELTA 66045 and also a 6021; but I don't expect Märklin to update them to 32 functions.

Next thing; if Märklin updated the MS2 to 32 functions, you would probably ask for all the locomotives with less than 32 functions to be updated too, since it's really too bad that you have all these possibilities in your controller; but can't use them on older locomotives.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline H0  
#22 Posted : 19 April 2018 12:14:00(UTC)
H0

My Intellibox is limited to 9 functions per loco address.
For about €30 I can get an upgrade that allows 9999 functions per loco address.
Why should we accept 32 functions as a limit for MS2, CS2, or CS3?

Why can't I dim the lights of mfx locos or change the speed curve with the MS2? Why can't I upload sound projects with the MS2? Why can't I connect an external monitor and active speakers to the MS2?
Märklin, listen, it's time for a free hardware upgrade. Don't forget the touchscreen!
If the upgrade is not free then up to €30 will be acceptable. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Minok  
#23 Posted : 19 April 2018 18:07:04(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Not the CS3!

Per.

My mind about Märklin is that like others problem says Märklin doesn´t have good quality after all with the problems.
So i´m not alone to see what is the problem or to present defaults with the Märklins products.

The comment about the CS being the version is tied to the request for mfx+ consumables and world of play support.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline TEEWolf  
#24 Posted : 19 April 2018 19:47:42(UTC)
TEEWolf

Not the CS3!

Per.

Why shall a MS 2 gets 32 functions? Absolutely no need. Expanding a MS 2 to 32 functions makes this controller more expensive. A MS 2 shall be a cheap digital controller and not a fancy sophisticated one.

This is a CS 3 and also not a CS 3+. Märklin has a variety of controllers. So everybody has the choice to take the one he needs and not what Goofy wants.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 20 April 2018 08:10:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Why shall a MS 2 gets 32 functions? Absolutely no need. Expanding a MS 2 to 32 functions makes this controller more expensive.
Oh really? A small change in the firmware makes it more expensive?
The upgrade that allowed 40 locos instead of 10+1 locos did not make it more expensive.

The MS2 must be good enough to stop people from buying entry level controllers from Roco or Uhlenbrock, but at the same time must look crippled beside the CS2 and CS3.
Firmware upgrades are limited by available memory and physical buttons.

An improved MS2 will make it more likely that potential customers will go with Märklin Digital and not with other brands. And therefore Märklin should consider these options to make the most of the available memory.

While we're at it: an option to enter digital addresses and ref. numbers digit by digit instead of scrolling all the way from 1 to 10239 would make it more user-friendly for me. No extra costs.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#26 Posted : 20 April 2018 15:12:45(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looks to me that the MS2 is available at the lowest price and with just enough functions to encourage folk to go for more and thus buy the more expensive control system. Does anybody need more than 32 functions anyway.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline H0  
#27 Posted : 20 April 2018 15:21:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Does anybody need more than 32 functions anyway.
I don't.
But if a loco has more functions that one can access with the controller, then they do not know what those extra functions are worth. The longing is there - but when they try the extra functions they may be disappointed anyway. You play them once or twice for visitors ...

But I think it makes sense if an MS2 connected to a CS2 can control all functions the CS2 can also control.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline TGV POS  
#28 Posted : 21 April 2018 18:24:31(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Looks to me that the MS2 is available at the lowest price and with just enough functions to encourage folk to go for more and thus buy the more expensive control system. Does anybody need more than 32 functions anyway.

This depend on the use of the locomotive, because if the TVT Powered Catenary Maintenance Rail Car, 32 fonction is more realistic
Offline Goofy  
#29 Posted : 22 April 2018 11:41:08(UTC)
Goofy

I have an old DELTA 66045 and also a 6021; but I don't expect Märklin to update them to 32 functions.

Next thing; if Märklin updated the MS2 to 32 functions, you would probably ask for all the locomotives with less than 32 functions to be updated too, since it's really too bad that you have all these possibilities in your controller; but can't use them on older locomotives.

Per.

Delta decoder can be changed out to mSD up to 16-32 functions.
6021 is an old system and doesn´t have software too handle with up to 32 functions.
How can you even equal with the MS2/CS2/CS3???

Why updated to 32 functions in the locomotives?
Märklin sell digital locomotives with lesser functions too.
It´s possible for the customer to have up to 32 functions too in the MS2.
Not alone should CS2/3 do have 32 functions when Märklin did present MS2 with 16 functions like CS2 earlier before.

H0
Offline Goofy  
#30 Posted : 22 April 2018 11:50:33(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

Why can't I dim the lights of mfx locos or change the speed curve with the MS2? Why can't I upload sound projects with the MS2? Why can't I connect an external monitor and active speakers to the MS2?
Märklin, listen, it's time for a free hardware upgrade. Don't forget the touchscreen!
If the upgrade is not free then up to €30 will be acceptable. Thanks in advance.

It´s possible to have touchscreen on the MS2, if Märklin are interested to change the MS2.
ESU do have Mobil Control II with touchscreen.
It´s the future when technology expanded.
The most important is to reaching higher software in the MS2.
Today MS2 do have version 2.7 and i´m pretty sure Märklin will upgrade MS2 further more.

H0
Online JohnjeanB  
#31 Posted : 22 April 2018 12:21:31(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

I believe that MSx (2, 3 or more) should progress and is facing competition.
It has to come sooner or later with a wider color screen with more possibilities., touch screen, voice recognition,...
Yes it is an entry component to invite customers toward CSx (3 or 4) and yes it has strong price constrains as part of starter sets.

Many years back, when willing to purchase a new TV set I asked for a remote control and the vendor asked me "are you in a wheel chair?". Needless to say that no one would think bying a TV without remote now.

Likewise some of the wishes in this thread probably will come true (32 functions, colour screen, touch screen) the motive force for it is competition.
Cheers

Jean
Offline kiwiAlan  
#32 Posted : 22 April 2018 21:01:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

It´s possible to have touchscreen on the MS2, if Märklin are interested to change the MS2.

Does the MS2 currently have a touchscreen? If not then its not possible to use a touchscreen on an MS2 because it will need new hardware to make a touchscreen.

Your whole premise about "only needing a software update to get 32 functions" doesn't take into account what hardware capabilities the MS2 actually has, nor what upgrade path the Marklin sales team see for this product.

I'm sure that at some stage in the future they will come up with an MS3, but as to what features, and whether or not it can handle 32 functions is still to be decided by the Marklin sales team. Personally I doubt it will have 32 functions as the most useful functions are put on the bottom 16 anyway, the upper 16 functions tend to be auxiliary sounds and weird functions that only seem to be there to use all these available extra functions. But an MS3 will still be an entry level controller, just like the MS2 and MS1 before it, so unless there is some shortage of a major component, or there is a cost justification for changing a component that makes it a different device, then I see the MS2 continuing production for a while, possibly as long as 2-3 years.

Offline TGV POS  
#33 Posted : 22 April 2018 21:15:58(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
I think the MS3 was realesed in 2018 because
cs2(2008),cs3(2016) =8 years
MS2(2010), MS3(? 2018)=8years
Offline Crazy Harry  
#34 Posted : 22 April 2018 22:04:45(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   

The current Mobile Station is still an MS2, they only changed the colour of the case (from grey to black).

Look at the function lists for some of the locomotives - Marklin only shows 5 colums for control units: Control Unit, Mobile Station, Mobile Station 2, Central Station 1/2 and Central Station 3/2* (where 2* indicates a CS2 with software update 4.2).

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline TGV POS  
#35 Posted : 23 April 2018 13:08:06(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post

The current Mobile Station is still an MS2, they only changed the colour of the case (from grey to black).

Look at the function lists for some of the locomotives - Marklin only shows 5 colums for control units: Control Unit, Mobile Station, Mobile Station 2, Central Station 1/2 and Central Station 3/2* (where 2* indicates a CS2 with software update 4.2).

But I meant that MS3 following the logic of CS3 should go out in 2018.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TGV POS
Offline Goofy  
#36 Posted : 24 March 2019 11:28:37(UTC)
Goofy

Did read in another forum, that Märklin will upgrade MS2 to 32 functions for the mfx and 29 for the DCC.
This to support digital locomotives exceeds 16 functions next to CS2/3.
It also mean more icon symbols in the MS2.
H0
Offline Purellum  
#37 Posted : 24 March 2019 12:43:20(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Did read in another forum, that Märklin will upgrade MS2 to 32 functions for the mfx and 29 for the DCC.

You could have read it here 3 weeks ago: https://www.marklin-user...ler-for-CS2-3#post587850

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#38 Posted : 24 March 2019 13:10:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Cool

You could have read it here 3 weeks ago: https://www.marklin-user...ler-for-CS2-3#post587850

Per.

Cool

That "other forum" is probably repeating what was told here first anyway ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Offline Goofy  
#39 Posted : 24 March 2019 13:29:57(UTC)
Goofy

And i was right that Märklin will also upgrade MS2 to 32 functions.
H0
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#40 Posted : 24 March 2019 13:57:21(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Since Märklin openbsd up mfx protocol for other manufacturers but only with 16 functions you would expert the interesting features in functions 1-16 anyway. And you can map functions with a CS to be available on the MS...

But probably the next MS will have at least 32 functions. And maybe a touch screen.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline Purellum  
#41 Posted : 24 March 2019 14:52:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Laugh

Except for the fact that you for the last 4 - 5 years said it would never happen LOL Flapper LOL

Actually you're ALWAYS right; at least if we ignore the 97% of your post where you're wrong Flapper LOL Flapper

Per.

Laugh

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#42 Posted : 26 March 2019 17:59:15(UTC)
Goofy

Except for the fact that you for the last 4 - 5 years said it would never happen

Actually you're ALWAYS right; at least if we ignore the 97% of your post

Per.

Nope i didn´t said MS2 will not upgrade to 32 functions.
It was about old system CS2 and in this case i was suprised that Märklin did verified upgrade CS2 to 32 functions which also means MS2 will soon or later do have same way with 32 functions.

H0
Offline mbarreto  
#43 Posted : 27 March 2019 15:32:29(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

32 functions are inheritable between Märklin controllers whose designation ends in the same number! BigGrin

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Goofy  
#44 Posted : 03 May 2019 08:45:56(UTC)
Goofy

Nothing news about upgrade MS2?
H0
Offline Purellum  
#45 Posted : 03 May 2019 09:03:08(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

A guy called "Anders63" wrote this on a Danish forum a few weeks ago:

"Märklin har för nuvarande problem med länksidan, för att kunna uppgradera systemet."

But don't trust him, he don't know what he's talking about. LOL Flapper LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#46 Posted : 03 May 2019 10:29:41(UTC)
Goofy

Cool

"Märklin har för nuvarande problem med länksidan, för att kunna uppgradera systemet."

Per.

Cool

And this was when Märklin did had problem with the linkpage.
What is your problem?
Member here did wrote upgrade soon to download but that was weeks ago now and nothing news from Märklin still.
Or there is no upgrade at all?

H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#47 Posted : 03 May 2019 19:18:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Cool

Per.

Cool

I'm not sure if Soren (sorry, haven't worked out how to get the o with a slash through it) isn't also another non-de-plume for the same person, or maybe he has read Goofys posts here claiming that 32 functions are coming to the ms2.

The 'knowledge' of these 32 functions just goes round and round with no substantial backing, being repeated from forum to forum.

Offline Purellum  
#48 Posted : 03 May 2019 23:08:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I'm not sure if Soren (sorry, haven't worked out how to get the o with a slash through it) isn't also another non-de-plume for the same person

I can assure you that Søren and Anders63 is NOT the same person ;-)

( You can now copy/paste Søren from above )

Søren is working part-time for Märklin, and is a very skilled and helpful guy.

Anders63 is Goofy - nuff said LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#49 Posted : 03 May 2019 23:09:03(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I am rather confused by all this pointless banter.

Marklin "had" indicated, in its "change log", that The latest CS3 update was to include a MS2 update .

If the issue is about "when", then , yes, that is an open question...

5. Changes MS2
32 functions
The MS2 and GB2 can now switch 32 functions under mfx

mfx CV processing
The most important mfx CVs can now be edited with the MS2.

Multi-device operation
Multi-device operation with the MS2 terminal has been stabilized.

Update track box 2
Switching of 32 functions was realized.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Goofy  
#50 Posted : 04 May 2019 10:11:42(UTC)
Goofy

Cool

I'm not sure if Soren (sorry, haven't worked out how to get the o with a slash through it) isn't also another non-de-plume for the same person

I can assure you that Søren and Anders63 is NOT the same person ;-)

( You can now copy/paste Søren from above )

Søren is working part-time for Märklin, and is a very skilled and helpful guy.

Anders63 is Goofy - nuff said LOL

Per.

Cool

But you fool around by write not truth about upgrade MS2, when i did wrote not possible yet due to webpage problem for the Märklin under that time period when we did wrote some problem.
I did asked friendly here in the forum about Märklin when release upgrade for the MS2?

H0