Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rsdanford  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2018 03:34:47(UTC)
rsdanford

United States   
Hello..my name is Ray and I live in Illinois USA.I am new to this forum and have seen marklin factory instructions for changing the address of this fx(mm) signal 70392 with the ms2 controller on a programming track through the new locomotive address programming sequence. These instructions were not listed in my manual supplied with the signal but are listed at the marklin home site. The locomotive and signal light blink as they should when ms2 address changes are sent by the ms2. The dip switches set by hand do not seem to match the settings recognized by the ms2. They seem to be factory settings still on the signal and respond only to switch 1 and 257 of the ms2.Marklin says I must set dip switches to match the locomotive on the programming track. I am aware dip switch 10 sets fx versus dcc language. Any help on clarifying the dip switch settings would be appreciated.It would be nice to have address of the signals set sequentially for ease of use ..I do not own the cs controller.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2018 19:53:15(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Ray

Welcome to this great forum

The little I know is:
- you may use the signal using the MM (Marklin) or DCC. The selection is done using sw 10: Off=MM; On=DCC
- you may program the signal using the switches (Mausklavier) or programming using the DCC protocol (setting sw 10 to ON) and from the programming track / signal)
- you cannot program using the MM protocol I think (although the users manual says otherwise!!).
- when using the switches, programming is not needed but a prior programming may cause trouble
- make sure that you change each time also the setting on the MS2 for using MM or DCC.
- if you choose to programm the address and whish to use Fx protocol, when finished programming you must put the sw 10 = OFF while power is off.

When programming from your MS2 track you should have only ONE item connected (you mention a loco and the signal).

I think it is preferable to use the switches when possible (unless you have a large number of units).
The users manual may be downloaded here -->70391/70392/70411/70412 users manual
You have the switch setting table from page 30 of the above document
I hope this helps
Cheers

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline rsdanford  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2018 21:55:07(UTC)
rsdanford

United States   
Thank you Jean you were correct with your advice.It was greatly appreciated to know if what I was attempting to do was correct,esp about mm programming. Also know that the dip switch mounting is upside down with regards to switch labels...you must try to view inside the mounting case to see the proper orientation of the dip switch assembly for on and off positions as the numbering is partially obscured...an error initially not noticed by me but not an error I'm sure to repeat