Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mcnall  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2018 19:13:51(UTC)
mcnall

United States   
I currently have 3'x8' layout with 3 Inglenooks on the inner oval w/M track tight radius and 3 electro uncoupler tracks. Engines are 3000, 3096, and 3031. Running analog but would like to try digital again. Read somewhere that you could use the 6646 transformer w/6021 for digital operation. Can this be done with a MS2 and if so what connecting pieces would be needed. Several tracks are soldered with hot and ground wires so there are no tracks w/capacitors in them. I want to construct a 20"x72" ThymeSaver shunting layout. Also what is best running digital shunter that Marklin has made in recent years. I hear that even the cheap coreless single axle drive units like the DGH or DHG 500 perform nicely. Now for the heresy. I still have a small Inglenook N scale I built in 83. Kato engine and I even put Kadee couplers on everything. Runs and operates great, however, N scale is just too hard for these eyes to work with anymore. I read on this very forum that someone had rigged up Kadee couplers to Marklin stock (NEM boxes needed). and used a Kadee O gauge magnet under K track and it works great. So which recent digital shunters have the NEM setup? Relex couplers are just are too finicky for the uncouple and pushing movements that are what I really enjoy doing. Too many questions ? I understand or in this case, I guess I don't. Thanks
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2018 19:50:03(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: mcnall Go to Quoted Post
Can this be done with a MS2 and if so what connecting pieces would be needed.
You need a round plug that fits into the MS2 track box (e.g. 60112 or 60113).
I'd have to check the correct dimensions.

You can also use a universal DC power supply. Most of those come with a selection of plugs and one should fit.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage