Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<45678>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#251 Posted : 19 January 2018 00:23:26(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Mark_1602 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

All we know is that profit margins have fallen significantly since the insolvency, when they were around 10 per cent for several years until the Siebers took over the company. The latest figure I read about was under five per cent. It seems to me that Märklin spends a lot of money on publicity stunts in a saturated market ...

Given the fact that Roco, Fleischmann and Hornby all lost money last year, it would be interesting to find out the relevant figures for ..... The Coca-Cola train is another example of a useless model. Profit margins won't go up as long as Märklin acts like this ...

Best regards,

Mark

The Coca-Cola train presents an interesting condundrum. For those of us on the sidelines so to speak, we are unaware of any market knowledge or research that Marklin might have.
Firstly, how much in royalties are paid to Coca-Cola?
Is it aimed at the US market?
If so, why not include a circle of track and a cheap IR controller?
As it is configured, it will ONLY appeal to existing Marklin users? Surely that is a severe limitation.
And there is no TRIX 2 rail version.

I can sense only that:
1. it will appeal to many Marklin collectors around the world (Coca-Cola is a WORLD brand), or
2. they will not manufacture it, because of too few forward orders (which they have done in the past).

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline dickinsonj  
#252 Posted : 19 January 2018 01:38:47(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: train515 Go to Quoted Post
To bondijohn, I have always hoped Marklin would produce a cab-forward.

That would indeed be cool. Unfortunately they are only offering an extremely lame Coca Cola thingy - with some ugly freight cars to match. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Minok  
#253 Posted : 19 January 2018 02:04:22(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Those hating on the Coca Cola train need to look further into what American model railroads look like. Lionel ands more. There are a lot of train layouts with similar loudly colored cars and scenery. The layout features in the year 2017 2nd DVD is a good example. I'm thinking it's designed to appeal to that crowd specifically.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline mbarreto  
#254 Posted : 19 January 2018 02:09:11(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
It seems the BR 01 39005 has shinny metal rods to connect the wheels and not the browny/weathered/oily modern style rods...
Also I am not sure if the external "rims" of the wheels are white, metal or browny. Seems metal (in the New items Brochure and also the 88th video)...

For me, these details are the difference between buy or not buy. I think I will wait for the model to be released and will decide after (in case at the time it will still be under budget cover).

I am reflecting about purchase the Ae6/6 but it is a poor model relative to functions (no cabin light and no Telex), so I am not decided yet.

Still to decide if this year I will buy some coaches and wagons instead of locomotives.

I like Telex and cabin light. Unfortunately that only exists in some specific models...

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline kimballthurlow  
#255 Posted : 19 January 2018 04:16:42(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
As it is configured, it will ONLY appeal to existing Marklin users? Surely that is a severe limitation.

I can sense only that:
1. it will appeal to many Marklin collectors around the world (Coca-Cola is a WORLD brand), or
2. they will not manufacture it, because of too few forward orders (which they have done in the past).

Kimball

It is conceivable that Maerklin have already sold 200-500 sets to the Coca-Cola company to hand around to their executives or large customers (wholesalers etc) in Europe, where Maerklin is understood and appreciated.
So why not make a few more.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline MaerklinLife  
#256 Posted : 19 January 2018 06:18:29(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Those hating on the Coca Cola train need to look further into what American model railroads look like. Lionel ands more. There are a lot of train layouts with similar loudly colored cars and scenery. The layout features in the year 2017 2nd DVD is a good example. I'm thinking it's designed to appeal to that crowd specifically.

Of course, and to collectors. Several of my collector friends are crazy about the set because it will add "yet another F7 in unique design" to their F7 collection. I don't get why people are hating so much, collecting these things is just another way of collecting trains. Just like somebody who does not care for the new stuff but only collects technically outdated models from the 60'es and 50'es.

Personally, the set is not for me, but luckily, a lot of the other new items are. Smile
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Rinus  
#257 Posted : 19 January 2018 06:58:25(UTC)
Rinus

I noticed that the actual prices of some locomotives differ a lot from the Märklin price listed in the catalog.

The 37444 br e44 I just ordered is listed for € 379,99 by Märklin and sold for € 311,21 at MSL. Still an enormous amount of money but better than the original price.

When looking at Piko this price gap is much smaller.

I wonder how much more Märklin would sell if they would advertise a lower price themselves in advance in their catalogues?

Rinus
Offline river6109  
#258 Posted : 19 January 2018 08:17:04(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that the actual prices of some locomotives differ a lot from the Märklin price listed in the catalog.

The 37444 br e44 I just ordered is listed for € 379,99 by Märklin and sold for € 311,21 at MSL. Still an enormous amount of money but better than the original price.

When looking at Piko this price gap is much smaller.

I wonder how much more Märklin would sell if they would advertise a lower price themselves in advance in their catalogues?

Rinus

Rinus, in reality it would not make much difference, I'm almost certain Märklin wouldn't benefit from it at all, when one calculates the difference in prices and sales, it would have to be an enormous amount of sales to get to the net profit finishing line

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline H0  
#259 Posted : 19 January 2018 08:33:16(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
The 241 is the big new tooling/item for this year.
It was announced in 2017 and is not included in the 2018 New Items brochure. I would not count it for this year.
But most likely we will see a similar surprise autumn new item in about six (?) months.
The second Insider model for H0 gauge could also be a new mould. It will be announced 300 days from today (in 300 days and 1 hour we should be able to read about it - November 15 should be the date).

New crane, new container car, new BR 102, new BR 78 - there are new moulds announced this year anyway.

Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
The Märklin dealers have a profit margin of 25% or more. It makes no difference for Märklin when the dealer sells with a discount of 20%.
I guess Piko give dealers a smaller profit margin. A discount of 17% on Piko was the best I found so far.

Bigger profit margins may make dealers happy. Smaller profit margins and lower retail prices could make customers happy.

To some extent Märklin can choose between higher sales volume and smaller profit margin or smaller sales volume with higher profit margin.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Mark_1602  
#260 Posted : 19 January 2018 12:17:19(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   

The Coca-Cola train presents an interesting condundrum. For those of us on the sidelines so to speak, we are unaware of any market knowledge or research that Marklin might have.

I can sense only that:

Kimball

Hi Kimball,

I agree that it must be profitable for Märklin and will appeal to some collectors, but what I meant is that it's useless for model railroaders who want to run trains that look more or less like the prototype. This train will be sold, but hardly anybody will use it on a layout. Märklin's making too many fantasy models and 'special trains' IMO. The Danish steam loco in the 30470 set is useless as well because it's a bad replica of the 3045. The front side of the old vintage model looked completely different below the boiler (steps & lights!!), but the new 30450 is just a 3108 repainted in Danish colors with a new motor and a decoder. The new replica 30470 is much better, even without the Telex coupler, because it looks like a BR 44, has a different road number than the older versions and can be used either on an analogue or a digital layout. Even vintage fans are not be happy with the Danish version, as I've read in a German forum that focuses on vintage model trains. The only forum member who liked it there was somebody who complained about the high price of the 3045 and wanted to get something similar for under 300 euros ...

One really useful model is the new ETA 150, as it probably runs better than the old 3076, has a nicer livery, a few added details, and even an mfx/DCC decoder. The 30760 seems to be an improved version of the vintage model that might appeal to analog as well as digital users, so it's a good idea IMO. Why is the 30470 set about the only Märklin H0 model in the news catalogue whose decoder is not DCC compatible??? I might buy the 30470 if it's available separately, but I won't order the set or any fantasy models. I've been a Märklin fan since my childhood and actually used to have a 3076 that didn't run well, but I remember that back then Märklin made an effort to produce models that came close to prototypes, so I don't approve of their current policies.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
Offline Mark_1602  
#261 Posted : 19 January 2018 15:47:04(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The Märklin dealers have a profit margin of 25% or more. It makes no difference for Märklin when the dealer sells with a discount of 20%.

My German Märklin dealer, whose shop is located about 10 km from Göppingen, told me that on average he makes a profit of about 50 euros on a locomotive. Given the fact that he gives regular customers a discount of about 20 per cent on most locos (except for MHI items and rare models), the profit margin that Märklin gives to dealers can't be around 25 per cent, or my MRR shop would have disappeared a long time ago. The figure I'd read about before was about 35 per cent.

Just make the calculation for a loco with an official price tag of 329 euros. First substract German VAT (19 per cent) because profit margins are calculated on prices excluding tax, which is paid by the consumer. If the dealer gets a 35 per cent discount from Märklin, he paid about 180 for the loco. Add 40 euros (i.e. his profit) plus VAT on the sum, and you end up with about 261 euros. For the customer, that's around 21 per cent less than the official price including VAT. Many Märklin locos cost more than the loco in my example, some less, so the dealer may well end up with an average profit of about 50 euros on a loco. I've met him personally, so I know he's not a liar. These big discounts are only possible because my dealer has one of the big online shops in Germany and bans customers who cancel orders. Nobody can live on a profit margin of just a few percentage points.

Discounts are great, but I only buy if I really like a model or if it's a useful addition to my collection. As I've written above, Märklin should focus on making useful models, but that's only my view. I think that selling stuff which can be used in practice is a more sustainable business model in the long run.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark_1602
H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#262 Posted : 19 January 2018 17:38:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

My German Märklin dealer, whose shop is located about 10 km from Göppingen, told me that on average he makes a profit of about 50 euros on a locomotive. Given the fact that he gives regular customers a discount of about 20 per cent on most locos (except for MHI items and rare models), the profit margin that Märklin gives to dealers can't be around 25 per cent, or my MRR shop would have disappeared a long time ago. The figure I'd read about before was about 35 per cent.

Just make the calculation for a loco with an official price tag of 329 euros. First substract German VAT (19 per cent) because profit margins are calculated on prices excluding tax, which is paid by the consumer. If the dealer gets a 35 per cent discount from Märklin, he paid about 180 for the loco. Add 40 euros (i.e. his profit) plus VAT on the sum, and you end up with about 261 euros. For the customer, that's around 21 per cent less than the official price including VAT. Many Märklin locos cost more than the loco in my example, some less, so the dealer may well end up with an average profit of about 50 euros on a loco. I've met him personally, so I know he's not a liar. These big discounts are only possible because my dealer has one of the big online shops in Germany and bans customers who cancel orders. Nobody can live on a profit margin of just a few percentage points.

Discounts are great, but I only buy if I really like a model or if it's a useful addition to my collection. As I've written above, Märklin should focus on making useful models, but that's only my view. I think that selling stuff which can be used in practice is a more sustainable business model in the long run.

Best regards,

Mark

My understanding is that there is a scale of discount from marklin dependant on the amount of stock a dealer buys, so if you buy a lot this year, then next year you get a bigger discount, assuming you order a similar amount of product.

So it is the old story, if you have a market that is buying your stock, you can order more at a cheaper price.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline H0  
#263 Posted : 19 January 2018 17:54:19(UTC)
H0

The figure I'd read about before was about 35 per cent.
Before the insolvency there were big discounts for big dealers (I heard 45%) and smaller discounts for smaller dealers (I heard 25% and 35%).
Since Siebers took over, the discounts were reduced.

We both agree that a dealer who sells Märklin items with a discount of 20% must get at least 25% discount from Märklin.
Some small brick and mortar shops give at most 10%. Most likely their discounts are too small to compete with the big web shops.

So for Märklin it is more profitable if items get sold through small shops.

Different products may have different discount margins.
Last year I got the tank car display 00720 with a discount of 31%. Since these displays are meant to be sold separately, I assume that Märklin gives dealers a larger discount.

Discounts are great
I look at the model first, then I look at the price I'd have to pay and decide whether or not I buy it.
Without discounts, the Märklin prices would quite often be deal breakers for me.
And some items are only interesting with 50% discount or more from a clearance sale.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Mark_1602  
#264 Posted : 19 January 2018 20:27:04(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   

So for Märklin it is more profitable if items get sold through small shops.

Different products may have different discount margins.

Sure, my Märklin dealer explains on his website that profit margins are highest for low-priced items such as spare parts or tracks, probably because customers don't notice that as prices still seem reasonable. The Siebers claimed a few years ago that they had changed the system to give every dealer the same discount. Nevertheless, my dealer's discounts to customers hardly changed afterwards, so the uniform discounts that Märklin gives to dealers now must be significantly higher than 25 per cent.

Profit margins on clothes amount to several hundred per cent, whereas the corresponding figure for books sold in Germany is 35 per cent as far as I know. Even the biggest online MRR dealers can't live on a 5 per cent difference between the discount they get from Märklin and the one they let their customers have. My dealer still has a brick and mortar shop, by the way.

It used to be more profitable for Märklin to sell items through small shops, but with uniform discounts, that shouldn't be the case any more, right? Anyway, the big online shops must sell a large share of the Märklin production each year. Is Märklin telling us the truth about discounts or about other things? According to Alan's post above, it seems not, but all we can do is make informed guesses.

Best regards,
Mark

P.S. We also agree that neither of us would buy Märklin items just because the discount is right.
Best regards, Mark

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark_1602
H0
Offline Bryan  
#265 Posted : 20 January 2018 02:15:49(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear All
I have just had a chat on the Marklin prices with the Australian agents here in Mittagong NSW Australia. Apparently some items are listed on the order forms as having no discount. An example is the new Rheingold set #26928, marked from the start not having a discount and apparently already sold out at Marklin.
The main point the agents made was discounts do apply on most items and it does vary by many factors. For instance getting the new items order in, while the Nurembugh fair is on, gets you a discount. However the main point they made was the bigger the order the better the discount and that has not changed for quite a while.
Regards
Bryan
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bryan
Offline steventrain  
#266 Posted : 24 January 2018 19:14:33(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Any news on toy fair locomotive?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#267 Posted : 24 January 2018 22:49:16(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Delivery dates showing on 2018 new items Marklin database.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#268 Posted : 25 January 2018 14:30:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

I would have thought you would be among the first to know this ... BigGrin

You seem to have the coontacts.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline river6109  
#269 Posted : 26 January 2018 06:03:47(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Hi,

All we know is that profit margins have fallen significantly since the insolvency, when they were around 10 per cent for several years until the Siebers took over the company. The latest figure I read about was under five per cent. It seems to me that Märklin spends a lot of money on publicity stunts in a saturated market ...

Given the fact that Roco, Fleischmann and Hornby all lost money last year, it would be interesting to find out the relevant figures for ..... The Coca-Cola train is another example of a useless model. Profit margins won't go up as long as Märklin acts like this ...

Best regards,

Mark

Firstly, how much in royalties are paid to Coca-Cola?
Is it aimed at the US market?
If so, why not include a circle of track and a cheap IR controller?

I can sense only that:

Kimball

It must be one of sweetest trains Märklin has ever produced

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline river6109  
#270 Posted : 26 January 2018 06:11:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Well for me its another year without Märklin locos, the prices aren't prices I can afford, except one loco I've spotted the BLS Vectron with sound functions. for less than Euro 250.00
I can't see why one has to pay over Euro 450.00 for the C-class steam loco as the loco was already avaiable years ago and had a DC motor in it, to convert one, which I've done with an ESU sound decoder, than you've got a BR 212 for almost Euro 300.00 , the steam loco range is just to expensive for me and anybody thinking of investing in these type of locos down the track will find their investment derailed without notice.
and than of course you've got the sweetest train Märklin ever produced: the Coca Cola 3 part American diesel.

John
Offline MacGyver467  
#271 Posted : 26 January 2018 18:50:39(UTC)
MacGyver467

BR45 - 37454: "The locomotive looks as it did around 1952."

Perfect! I'm modeling 1950-1955. Also, my current BR45 37450 needs quite a bit of work to function 100% again, so I'm picking the new one up and hoping that they use the same type of motor. I love the Maxon motor the 37450 has despite it being extremely finicky and delicate.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MacGyver467
Offline steventrain  
#272 Posted : 26 January 2018 21:38:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: MacGyver467 Go to Quoted Post
BR45 - 37454: "The locomotive looks as it did around 1952."

Perfect! I'm modeling 1950-1955. Also, my current BR45 37450 needs quite a bit of work to function 100% again, so I'm picking the new one up and hoping that they use the same type of motor. I love the Maxon motor the 37450 has despite it being extremely finicky and delicate.

37455 BR45 in 2013 came with 3-pole DC motor.

https://www.marklin-user...3-pole-motors#post430825
Offline MacGyver467  
#273 Posted : 26 January 2018 21:55:55(UTC)
MacGyver467

That's what I'm afraid of, but what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MacGyver467
Offline foumaro  
#274 Posted : 26 January 2018 22:50:14(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
You have a better option,buy the 37452,she has the motor you want.ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline steventrain  
#275 Posted : 27 January 2018 18:38:04(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
2018 new items delivery planned in PDF.

>2018 Delivery planned dates PDF<
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#276 Posted : 27 January 2018 19:58:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: MacGyver467 Go to Quoted Post
That's what I'm afraid of, but what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe you can wait for someone review when release.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#277 Posted : 29 January 2018 13:38:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Now the fair is on has anyone heard what the loco is?

Offline Herrfleck  
#278 Posted : 29 January 2018 15:07:43(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Hello!

The fair is open wensday 31 january.

Regards

Bertil.
- since my lack in english I don't write so much here.. but learn by trying right? :) -

//Bertil
Offline kiwiAlan  
#279 Posted : 29 January 2018 17:30:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Herrfleck Go to Quoted Post

Hello!

The fair is open wensday 31 january.

Regards

Bertil.

Ah, OK, I thought it was this weekend just gone. That also explains why Faller and Noch haven't yet put up their NI brochures.

Busch and a few others have in the last few days.

I find the Stummi list to be the most complete around, for the most recent you need to go to the last page to find the ones that haven't been updated into the first two posts.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Dimi194  
#280 Posted : 29 January 2018 22:34:58(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Only just got to take a look (was overseas) at this list, and I must say it's pretty exciting. 36635 is a win for me (I love wacky locomotives, and a last mile electric/diesel engine fits the bill), but beyond that not much else, don't have the $$ or space for trains at the moment so sadly that'll be it for me this year (aside from the normal club wagons).
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline TEEWolf  
#281 Posted : 29 January 2018 22:53:32(UTC)
TEEWolf

Just got my new Insider package, today 29th of January 2018 !!!.

Enough news and reading before the toy fair opens. Lots of infos about the new shunting Croc and telex coupler (MM 01/18 and Insider News)

Most interesting to myself is the new edition: Maerklin Classics.

Special general models will be permanently and promptly available. Which means also they can be delivered immediatly without waiting ages of times to get them. The first 2 models are art# 36244 BR 24 and 37805 the brand new V 200. More locos listed in the new catalogue 2018 page 2.

No I do not tell you all of them - get the kick by reading it by yourself.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline steventrain  
#282 Posted : 31 January 2018 22:16:36(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
39058 Toy fair 2018 streamlined steam locomotive class 05 with tender , blue.
Online franciscohg  
#283 Posted : 31 January 2018 22:38:38(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, nice to hear that. No more expenses it seems this year.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline steventrain  
#284 Posted : 31 January 2018 22:49:43(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Toy Fair 2018 43224 3 piece set "Schürzenwagen" ("skirted passenger car")

Model: This car is ready for installation of the 7319 plug-in current-conducting couplers or the 72020/72021 working close couplers that can be uncoupled. The car looks as the prototype did in Era III. Length over the buffers 24.4 cm / 9-5/8". DC wheel set 4 x 700580.

39058 BR05 Streamlined blue is a Cab forward Toy fair 2018.
Offline steventrain  
#285 Posted : 01 February 2018 14:51:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Well, It is not a cab forward.

The 39058 is in dark blue.

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#286 Posted : 01 February 2018 15:20:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Well, that will save me 500 euro ...

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline twmarklinfan  
#287 Posted : 01 February 2018 15:33:36(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   

Well, that will save me 500 euro ...

Me too
Online franciscohg  
#288 Posted : 01 February 2018 15:38:22(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Deceiving......
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline RayF  
#289 Posted : 01 February 2018 19:48:57(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

Thanks Steven, that is a gorgeous looking locomotive, and much more elegant than the usual red model!

It's a bit pricey for me, but I would love to have one of these!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Gregor  
#290 Posted : 02 February 2018 08:58:51(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Looks stunning,

But for budget protection purposes I promised myself not to buy locomotives with fantasy liveries, so I will pass let this one go...

Gregor
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline foumaro  
#291 Posted : 02 February 2018 10:50:18(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I have the better edition for me,the 37052 so i will pass this edition.
Offline jvuye  
#292 Posted : 02 February 2018 11:48:39(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

I ordered the coaches....just because I love the blue color for passenger coaches !
Go figure?
Laugh Wink

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Goofy  
#293 Posted : 02 February 2018 12:16:03(UTC)
Goofy

Another fantasy locomotive!
Last year the toy fair model is now at sales in the hobby store.
Not for me so i save 500 euro.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline GlennM  
#294 Posted : 02 February 2018 15:37:53(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Beautiful
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline GlennM  
#295 Posted : 02 February 2018 15:44:11(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Beautiful

Proper train porn; great lines, good looking and sexy..............oh and powered by steam

Every young boys dream

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Gregor  
#296 Posted : 02 February 2018 16:06:10(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Beautiful
Proper train porn; great lines, good looking and sexy..............oh and powered by steam

And, alas.... a fantasy

Offline AmalfiCoast  
#297 Posted : 02 February 2018 18:11:12(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post

I ordered the coaches....just because I love the blue color for passenger coaches !
Go figure?
Laugh Wink

Hi jvuye,

I also like the color of these coaches and apparently these look as the prototype did according to the description here:

https://www.modellbahnsh...-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Do you know of any other locomotives that would be a suitable alternative to pull these coaches?

Thanks,
David
Offline RayF  
#298 Posted : 02 February 2018 20:53:33(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
What's the problem with fantasy? The whole point of the hobby for me is to fulfil a childhood fantasy of beautiful trains in miniature.

My layout is my own personal fantasy, where one day I'm in the Prussia or Bavaria of the 1920s and the next I'm in 21st century Switzerland or Belgium. I don't build museum layouts that have to be accurate to the last detail.

Generally my trains have some foundation in historical fact, but sometimes I just use my imagination. I like it when the manufacturers use a bit of imagination too, and this Br05 is definitely a very desirable model, purely because it's finished in this unusual colour.

I have a Br03.10 in blue which pulls some matching blue coaches. I just might try to give it a stable-mate...
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Joe Meiring  
#299 Posted : 02 February 2018 21:06:13(UTC)
Joe Meiring

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
What's the problem with fantasy? The whole point of the hobby for me is to fulfil a childhood fantasy of beautiful trains in miniature.

My layout is my own personal fantasy, where one day I'm in the Prussia or Bavaria of the 1920s and the next I'm in 21st century Switzerland or Belgium. I don't build museum layouts that have to be accurate to the last detail.

Generally my trains have some foundation in historical fact, but sometimes I just use my imagination. I like it when the manufacturers use a bit of imagination too, and this Br05 is definitely a very desirable model, purely because it's finished in this unusual colour.

I have a Br03.10 in blue which pulls some matching blue coaches. I just might try to give it a stable-mate...

Exactly..... When I enter my train room I'm in fantasy land!
....that's a big buzz for me and the children who come and play trainsLove
Joe
Medium digital C track layout with MS2: When I grow up I want to be a steam engine driver....
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Joe Meiring
Offline AmalfiCoast  
#300 Posted : 02 February 2018 21:19:30(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
I don't have any problem with fantasy livery locos either...in fact, I love them. I have last year's black and red E93 Toy Fair loco (37871) and freight cars as well as the blue Baden IVh (39023). I was more asking if there are any other locomotives that would be fit to pull this year's Toy Fair coaches. I do like this year's locomotive, but there are other locos I would purchase before purchasing this one.

Thanks,
David
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by AmalfiCoast