Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline darticus  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2018 01:01:31(UTC)
darticus

I got the Christmas train for Christmas. It was getting sluggish so I thought maybe lube. I unscrewed the two screws on the bottom and the entire wheel section dropped out including a gear. After a few hours had it running fine. Is there a better way to clean or lube these little guys? Should these need cleaning and oil??? Thanks Ron
Offline Thewolf  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2018 09:59:47(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi darticusCool

Every loco Marklin has a small notebook with the characteristics of locos and explanations (graphics) for the maintenance

Have a nice day

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 10 January 2018 11:57:37(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
If your loco box does not contain the manual mentioned by Wolf you can download it from the Marklin website there is a manual for each catalogue number of loco and/or train set.

The manual shows you how to open the loco, where to apply lubricant and also what type of lubricant (oil or grease).
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 11 January 2018 20:46:27(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Yep, and some are not to be opened up. The Robel crane loco I just received has the notice that one should not open up the model, that will void the warranty - so I'm assuming they designed it to be maintainable from the outside.. .have not read that far into the book yet to see if one greases it via a hole in the bottom or what. Each locomotive can have its own rules on when and what to use at what point and how to get to that component... the manual is critical to knowing how to maintain your locomotive.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 11 January 2018 21:11:23(UTC)
H0

The manuals that come with the locos do not describe every possible step of maintenance, they just describe the standard routines.

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Yep, and some are not to be opened up. The Robel crane loco I just received has the notice that one should not open up the model, that will void the warranty
That's an H0 item by Viessmann, so it follows Viessmann construction principles.
This thread is about Märklin Z gauge locos - and I assume they are pretty similar with respect to maintenance (could be different for AZL locos with Märklin on the box).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage