Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rdsmarklin  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2017 00:17:05(UTC)
Rdsmarklin

United States   
I have my CS2 connected to Circuit Tracks via an s88 decoder. On the CS2, the decoder inputs are addressed as:

Mod: 1, Cont: 4

In TrainController, the addressing is:

Address: ???, Input: ???

I am presuming that the Contact number is the same as the Input number. Is that true?

Where can I get the actual Address number?

All the rest of the Addresses supplied to TrainController work ... e.g. locomotives, locomotive functions, turnouts, signals

I have 5 trains using 2 ovals, 2 stations, 2 yards in simulation mode. They are performing about 16 schedules. The simulation is very helpful in learning TrainController, but I am extremely frustrated in not being able to make the interface between the s88 inputs from the Circuit Tracks.

Can anyone HELP? Confused
Offline Danlake  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2017 00:51:21(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi RDSMarklin,

See page 51 in the latest Traincontroller Gold version 9 manual.

Correct input means contact no. on that individual decoder (normally max 16), while the address is the digital address of the S88 decoder.

In your setup I would expect to put address = 1 and input = 4.

While in block editor look at the little dark red dot next to the text Test. Try and activate the circuit track. If it lights up to bright red then it has the correct address.

But as mentioned earlier; if using version 8 you need to buy the +hardware package to get feedback functions to work via CS2. If you buy the newest version 9 it’s included in the software.

Assume you have tested in CS2 that a s88 track indicator lights up when you activate the circuit track (even though you may not use the CS2 track diagram it’s always handy to make s88 indicators in a dummy track diagram, just to make sure they are working properly).

Brgds Lasse

Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Rdsmarklin  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2017 00:05:07(UTC)
Rdsmarklin

United States   
Through responses in the TrainController forum and much trial and error, I finally was able to get the correct addressing in both the CS2 and the TrainController GOLD software to enable responsive inputs from my circuit tracks via the s88's on my layout. Here is what I found:

CS2 entries
Mod: 1
Cont: 4

TrainController entries
Address: 0
Input: 4

So, in one case, for Marklin, the first s88 module in a daisy chain of s88 connected modules connected to the CS2 is counted as 1. In the TrainController, the first module is counted as 0. That little fact, and it's lack of documentation was an enormous bottleneck. Hopefully, anyone else who is struggling with this problem will be able to use my experience to move forward quickly and enjoy using circuit track or contact track inputs to detect block occupancy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Rdsmarklin
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2017 02:48:47(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Rdsmarklin Go to Quoted Post
Here is what I found:

CS2 entries
Mod: 1
Cont: 4

TrainController entries
Address: 0
Input: 4

I am not disagreeing, as I have No TrainController knowledge or experience, however ....

Is this a case of interpretation, as the CS2 (CS3) system bus environment may have S88s connected to any of the CS's (Master or slave) as well as L88s.

When programming to the CS2(3) there is no actual concept of a S88 Module count,
The fist address field is the host device (CS/L88) and "0" is used for the master CS2. The "input" count goes from 1 to 3512(+/-), with gaps.

What this means is that the first S88 port/input on the 2nd S88 of a chain will still have Address=0 (the CS2) but Input=17
Thus in the above comparison, aligning the CS2 "Mod" with a TrainController "Address" is possibly comparing the same aspect

As a further example, (of other poorly matched software), the CS2 requires you to know the port number (17 in the above example) rather than provide a means to enter Mod:1/Port:1 (or similar). It is only after you have entered the "17" that the CS2 will reluctantly display the more useful Mod:1/Port:1
For an L88 in matrix mode, Marklin force you to know that the addressing is 101-164 rather than a more meaningful ColumnX:RowY:

To test this, you can try entering Input=17 in TrainController.
If it is accepted, then I suspect "Address" will not be used to indicate the S88 bus position (it will remain 0 to point to the Master CS2)

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott