Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ultimo  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2017 21:25:46(UTC)
Ultimo

United States   
I am interested to invest into the CS3 or CS3 plus, but would like to know whether I can connect my current Märklin 6021 and Control unit 6020 for additional remote operation on the other side of the layout.

Do the CS3 model offer any automatic sequencing of trains based on a timeline? Or is establishing an automatic operation of trains, signals, turnouts possible with specialized computer software without having to install all kinds of decoders?

Thanks for any information!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 28 October 2017 22:22:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Ultimo Go to Quoted Post
I.....would like to know whether I can connect my current Märklin 6021 and Control unit 6020 for additional remote operation on the other side of the layout.

Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your 2nd question, but hopefully this answers your first.

Marklin has an item (60128) called the 'Connect-6021' which works with a CS2 to allow connection of a 6021.

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/60128/

I don't know if this unit will work with a CS3 - I see from the product description in the above link that Marklin says it does work with both versions of the CS3.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2017 07:28:24(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I am interested to invest into the CS3 or CS3 plus, but would like to know whether I can connect my current Märklin 6021 and Control unit 6020 for additional remote operation on the other side of the layout.

Central Unit 6020 is not compatible with the CS2/CS3 setup. Only Control Unit 6021 is. Check this article for more information: http://railway.zone/post...the-marklin-connect-6021
The article is CS2, but it works about the same with the CS3. Just another user interface.

Do the CS3 model offer any automatic sequencing of trains based on a timeline? Or is establishing an automatic operation of trains, signals, turnouts possible with specialized computer software without having to install all kinds of decoders?

I am not sure what you mean. You always have to use decoders if you want something run digitally.

If you mean without braking modules and powerless sections and the like. Yes, the CS3/CS3 Plus can run your trains based on time alone, I cannot recommend doing that, because timing will gradually become out of sync with the position of the trains. This is just the nature of something based on timing.

What I do recommend is installing S88 feedback modules (with the CS3 you need to buy the S88 LINK to get feedback). The Central Station 3 (and Plus) can still run your trains without the use of braking modules, powerless sections and so on. It can run its schedules assisted by the feedback. That way you take the timing out of the equation and you only need the feedback sensors, again you do not need braking modules or powerless sections.

This video was posted on the channel for the website above a few days ago. It shows the trains running with only the CS3 (or Plus?) and its schedules assisted by S88 feedback sensors. If you read the description of the video he writes something about how it was made. The schedule is preprogrammed but depending on how you design your schedules (and your layout) you can put on quite a show.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Ultimo  
#4 Posted : 29 October 2017 18:06:37(UTC)
Ultimo

United States   
Thank you for the detailed information!