Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline SteamNut  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2017 00:15:10(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
My 33911 since last year has given me problems even new I had to adjust the slider to run without derailments. Last year a screw came off the running gear and I ordered a new one, thank God it was still available. This year the screw came off again Angry and when I replaced the screw the connecting rod bent. Seeing the good reviews from Helmunt Hobby I sent it 9/22/17 and received it today 10/18/17 which to me is a good turnaround considering the shipping time was 4-6 days. Helmuts Hobby had in stock four 72020 current conducting couplers for my Rheinegold set to replace the pain in the butt ones that came with set. The price seemed high to me but I do not need any more, I hope. Apparently the steel mother Marklin used for the axles at this time caused the wheel to slip from the axle. The engine runs great and looks good to me with it's TEE cars. I know it is not true to prototype but its a Privatbahen so I can justify the consist. The cost is reasonable for the repair and the lok came well packaged. I definitely would recommend Helmuts for repairs.

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by SteamNut
Offline grnwtrs  
#2 Posted : 19 October 2017 01:19:19(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
KOBE STEEL????

Scott took over from Helmut(s) many many years ago. An excellent student, and now a super excellent Dealer, in all respects. That includes sales as well as service. One of the best, if not the super best.

Sure glad you re affirmed the quality of the connection.

Best regards, gene
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 19 October 2017 17:01:51(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Scott is "the man". The only one I trust with a serious repair I can't handle myself.
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline jvuye  
#4 Posted : 20 October 2017 00:03:54(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Scott is "the man". The only one I trust with a serious repair I can't handle myself.

Smile Smile Wink ThumpUp
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 20 October 2017 02:21:49(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

Smile Smile Wink ThumpUp

OK a correction- the only one not in retirement I trust!!! (thankfully I learned from the original master LOL )
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#6 Posted : 20 October 2017 19:06:12(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Scott recently repaired a modern croc for me, which included the installation of a new ESU decoder. Top notch work and timely turnaround. Definitely the one I would trust with any repairs!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline dickinsonj  
#7 Posted : 22 October 2017 01:59:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Scott recently repaired a modern croc for me, which included the installation of a new ESU decoder. Top notch work and timely turnaround. Definitely the one I would trust with any repairs!

That is good to know. My 2001 Big Boy really needs to get upgraded to modern electronics. Although I do motor and decoder upgrades myself I don't really want to attack that particular model. It has a beautiful motor but the decoder is an early M4 decoder and it lacks the sophisticated motor control and cool sounds of the newest locos.

One of these days I need to send it off to be professionally upgraded and now I have a good choice for where I might want to send it. Cool

Thanks!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#8 Posted : 22 November 2017 19:46:18(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
I just saw this thread and figured I'd add my extremely high opinion of Scott. He did a wonderful job restoring my 1955 TT800, added decoders to several other locomotives, and fixed/cleaned/overhauled a number of locomotives; I've also bought a good bit of track and other items from him. He's given me a lot of useful free advice. He is great to deal with, I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. He absolutely knows his stuff. I find his pricing very reasonable and if he charged more I would pay it - things he fixes stay fixed.

Cheers, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack
Offline gachar001  
#9 Posted : 30 November 2017 09:30:45(UTC)
gachar001

India   
Robert from RJF trains also does repair and installation of decoders etc. He does a good job. http://rjftrains.com/
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by gachar001
Offline petestra  
#10 Posted : 10 December 2017 11:56:10(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I have used Scott since he took over the business in 1991. He has worked brilliantly on all my Loks. Peter. Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by petestra