Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline aclassifier  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2017 14:43:11(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
  • I have a Mobile Station II 60653 which is CAN bus Master
  • Another Mobile Station II 60657 (the black) which is CAN bus Slave
  • Both have SW 2.5

When I update the loco list on the Master it doesn't update on the Slave.

Is there a way to have it updated automatically or a way to do it in the menu on the Master or the Slave?

Is there a place where this is described?

On page 21 of the 60653 manual and page 22 of the 60657 [1] manuals there is a window showing "New Loco: From Master" ("Neue Lok: Vom Master") that looks promising, but that's all I have found.

[1] https://static.maerklin....248a608a641470328039.pdf
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2017 15:07:15(UTC)
H0

Hi!

With SW 1.3 there was "From Master" on the Slave MS2. One way data exchange, not very useful. Back then you had 10+1 locos on the Master and 10+1 locos on the Slave.

One day the loco list was extended to 40 entries. This loco list is stored on the Master.
There should be a menu item like "New loco: From locolist" that allows you to select a loco from the Master on the Slave unit.
All locos should be registered on the Master only so you have them in this central loco list.

It could be that the manual for the manual for 60657 was not updated and shows menu items that vanished years ago.
Märklin are famous for the quality of their manuals in general and the English translations in particular.
Ignore the manual, read the forum, try the menu items on your MS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline aclassifier  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2017 15:47:23(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Hi!

Thanks! However, done on the Slave: New Loco -> From Loco Lost -> "Data transfer active" then nothing happens. That's all I can find. No Master to Slave menu entry. Hmm
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2017 16:09:18(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: aclassifier Go to Quoted Post
However, done on the Slave: New Loco -> From Loco Lost -> "Data transfer active" then nothing happens.
It works for me. I only have grey units, but all with SW 2.5.
It should take a few seconds only to select a loco from the Loco List.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline aclassifier  
#5 Posted : 27 September 2017 16:15:23(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
So, could "Data transfer active" indicate that it doesn't fetch the list from Master, so that I have nothing to select from? I also have 2.5 on both.

Another point. I have the old connector box (or connection box or track box), 60113. The newer, black version is called 60116. Could this be of any significance? What are the differences?

Edited by user 27 September 2017 22:33:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline aclassifier  
#6 Posted : 29 October 2017 16:16:37(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
I have ordered a new black connector box 60116 since I only have the old gray 60113 – and I don’t have the circuit diagrams to study to see if such a replacement may be useful. However, it seems like the my new black Mobile Station II 60657 and the old gray 60653 don’t talk together.
Offline Unholz  
#7 Posted : 29 October 2017 20:06:14(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: aclassifier Go to Quoted Post
So, could "Data transfer active" indicate that it doesn't fetch the list from Master, so that I have nothing to select from? I also have 2.5 on both.
Another point. I have the old connector box (or connection box or track box), 60113. The newer, black version is called 60116. Could this be of any significance? What are the differences?

I don't think there is any significant difference between the two connector box models.

I use the same combination of Mobile Stations as you do, together with the grey connector box, and I also have seen that strange and disgusting "data transfer active" message from time to time. But please don't ask me when exactly - it simply seems to be one of the mysteries of modern (Marklin) hard- or software. Wink It seems to help to perform a reset or to erase all entries in the slave MS, but so far I haven't really found out why or when the "new loco from master" function suddenly comes back to life.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline aclassifier  
#8 Posted : 29 October 2017 21:25:09(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

It seems to help to perform a reset or to erase all entries in the slave MS,..

Thanks a lot! THIS DID THE TRICK! Here's a collage I assembled (press to see):

Collage of getting loco from master to slave

I made a small blog note about this, and it's at Updating loco list from Master to Slave on MSII (Disclaimer: no money, no gifts, no ads, my blog is just a hobby.)
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by aclassifier