Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#101 Posted : 24 August 2017 14:52:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Ausipeet Go to Quoted Post
Hello Colink,
tickets for the treff are available from the train station in goppingen and in other location there as well from what i have been told.
I will also be attending the treff and look forward to perhaps meeting up with some fellow aussie's

do not know how all will meet up but hey i will be there in a red shirt with Marklin on the back.

Hope to meet up see you there.
Peter From Adelaide

One trick that has been used in the past is to meet at the station on a given platform at a given time, and this then allows a group photo to be taken.
Offline IanC  
#102 Posted : 24 August 2017 15:18:50(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Good idea Alan,

Shall we all congregate on Platform 4 @ 4 on Saturday? Seems like a convenient time towards the end of the day and allows for people to make their own arrangements beforehand with minimum disruption. After, maybe we could continue to a bar?

IanC
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by IanC
Offline franciscohg  
#103 Posted : 24 August 2017 16:01:06(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
it seems like a good idea!!!!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline TEEWolf  
#104 Posted : 24 August 2017 16:37:45(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Colink Go to Quoted Post
Hi All
Yes I am going to with my son,
How do you get to do the Marklin Factory Tour??
I am staying in Plochingen and will visit for the three days?

Take a bus to the Stuttgarter Straße 55 in Goeppingen. The Maerklin headquarter.
See it from Australia by Google here:

Maerklin Goeppingen

Read more about their shuttle services here:

https://www.maerklin.de/...ma-and-10-maerklin-days/
Offline TEEWolf  
#105 Posted : 24 August 2017 17:20:06(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: MKOpSeattle Go to Quoted Post
I plan to visit at least one Maerklin store in Goppingen during the Treff. BigGrin I found several on the Maerklin website, but some are just toy stores with a M section. The only real shop is

Märklin Spielwaren Vertriebs-GmbH Store
Reutlinger Str. 2
73037 Göppingen

Has anyone visited it before? It is only a short walk, about 18 minutes, from the train station.

First of all, Maerklin offers a shuttle service to all its event locations. You have no problems to go to all points of interest and you must not walk (between the event locationsCool).

https://www.maerklin.de/...ma-and-10-maerklin-days/

Maerklin has in its museum an own store included. Because of the IMA days their museum and shop is also opened on Sunday - otherwise it is closed on Sunday. But they also have a reapir point there. If you want to bring in a loco or whatelse for repair purposes, hand it out there to Maerklin. After the repair they send it back to you. Same point you find at the Stauffer Park, the exhibition halls.

https://www.maerklin.de/...klin-museum/vorstellung/

Maerklin will have a new shop in its new musem - the Maerklineum - too, but this is still under construction. News you get always here:

https://www.maerklin.de/...m/neues-zum-maerklineum/

Download their flyer
https://www.maerklin.de/...2017/Flyer_IMA_34_EN.pdf

and IMA days overview (only in German)
https://www.maerklin.de/...4-2017_081817_NEU_tt.pdf

and exhibitior plan
https://www.maerklin.de/...e2017/Ausstellerplan.pdf

All PDF files are available for a print out by yourself.BigGrin

If you do the factory tour, take some money and plenty of time with you. At the end of the tour you may buy the special offered waggon for the IMA days. Or you may buy your own mounted loco, which you may run after assembling on Maerklin's quality track circuit and loco testing center.

Well, for this loco you buy all the parts at a special sales point only in the Maerklin factory available. Afterwards this "self-mounting loco" you assemble by yourself at a special working place directly beside the sales point. If necessary a Maerklin employee helps you, so everybody will do it.Love

OK - so it was at the last IMA days in 2015 (which I attended) - I cannot promise it for 2017.
Offline TEEWolf  
#106 Posted : 24 August 2017 17:28:28(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: IanC Go to Quoted Post
Good idea Alan,

Shall we all congregate on Platform 4 @ 4 on Saturday? Seems like a convenient time towards the end of the day and allows for people to make their own arrangements beforehand with minimum disruption. After, maybe we could continue to a bar?

IanC

Good idea!Love

But please do not use only a black T-shirt with red MÄRKLIN logo on it. In any case use your country flag or whatever in addition to the logo too. Because at these days there are running thousands of black Maerklin T-shirts around in Goeppingen. I guess, minimum all Maerklin employees wear one them.
Offline TEEWolf  
#107 Posted : 24 August 2017 17:48:14(UTC)
TEEWolf

This year the factory tour appears to be simply turn-up and join the queue. Previously it has been by invitation and departure from the Stauferpark so you might receive conflicting information based on what has been the practice at previous treffs.

uuupps Confused I did the factory mystery tour on Saturday 2015 at "High Noon" BigGrin. No queuing, no invitation before. Most of the people were sitting at the Maerklin's canteen for lunchBigGrin, rigth next door, where the factory tour started. The canteen is recommendable and if the sun is shining Huh you may sit outside in Maerklin's factories yard.

But the sales, assembling and testing point upstairs in the factory was overcrowded, so I decided doing my lunch instead of queuing.BigGrin
Offline TEEWolf  
#108 Posted : 24 August 2017 18:05:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Shall we all congregate on Platform 4 @ 4 on Saturday?

IanC

YES!ThumpUp

Saturday, 16th of September 2017, 16:00 (4 p.m.) at platform 4 at the railway station Goeppingen.Love

Goettingen railway station map

description

GeoHack Goeppingen station

Offline Colink  
#109 Posted : 25 August 2017 01:31:28(UTC)
Colink

Australia   
Thanks for all the info!
Saturday afternoon sounds great!

YES!ThumpUp

Saturday, 16th of September 2017, 16:00 (4 p.m.) at platform 4 at the railway station Goeppingen.Love

Goettingen railway station map

description

GeoHack Goeppingen station
Offline sidblack  
#110 Posted : 27 August 2017 08:00:17(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Yes I'll be there as well. Meet everyone at 4pm
Looking forward to the whole experience,
Cheers
John
Offline rbonet  
#111 Posted : 27 August 2017 10:46:57(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
I'll try to join you.
My plan is to attend the Märklin days in friday and saturday with some members of Märklin Café, the Spanish group of Märklin fans. Some of us are also members of marklin-users.net.
I'm not fluent in english, so don't expect brilliant conversations!!!!
Cheers,
Rafael

Edited by user 28 August 2017 07:21:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Collecting Era I, II & III, mainly German, French & Spanish RR, some USA
Offline mrmarklin  
#112 Posted : 27 August 2017 23:00:35(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
I'll try to join you.
My plan is to attend the Märklin days in friday and saturday with some members of Märklin Café, the Spanish group of Märklin fans. Some of us are also members of marklin-users.net.
I'm are not fluent in english, so don't expect brilliant conversations!!!!
Cheers,
Rafael

I speak fluent Spanish, so I can help you!BigGrin
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline franciscohg  
#113 Posted : 27 August 2017 23:36:02(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Oh, i speak some kind of fluent spanish too...LOL
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline jvuye  
#114 Posted : 30 August 2017 10:37:50(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Good idea Alan,

IanC

Good idea.
I should be there!
4x4 on saturday!
See ya!

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline hennabm  
#115 Posted : 16 September 2017 07:40:55(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Everyone still on for the 4x4 today?

See you there😎
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline MKOpSeattle  
#116 Posted : 16 September 2017 08:10:14(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting M friends.

T
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MKOpSeattle
Offline kweekalot  
#117 Posted : 16 September 2017 18:17:13(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Those who are not in Goppingen can find photos of the current event in the Galerie on the Marklin site and on Stummi, see here:

https://www.stummiforum....7a0881c05e684c3#p1726057

https://www.maerklin.de/...erklin-tage-2017/galerie

Marco
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline hennabm  
#118 Posted : 18 September 2017 21:14:41(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

Hope all those that were in Goppingen enjoyed the meeting.

Here are the majority of those that met at 4 on 4 BigGrin

DSC00569.JPG

DSC00571.JPG

Please add your name and country of origin. I can remember we had some Frenchman (or was it BelgianLOL), several from down under; a Swede; some Germans; British and American. Forgive if I have missed anyone add, that is why I ask to add your name and location.

Oh and yes that is the SNCF 241a we are standing in front of.

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline kiwiAlan  
#119 Posted : 18 September 2017 22:10:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I'm at the back, second from left.

While the overall IMA was interesting (and Roco and Fleischmann had stands, despite economic woes) the overall feeling was of there being less to see. Last IMA I seem to recall more traders at the EWS Arena where the LGB layouts were. The only items on display at Leonard Weiss were their track lifting and tamping machine with little Kof 'EMMA' performing duty as ticket office again.

But I have some major beefs - the factory tour wagon was sold out by midday saturday - which suggests that they didn't make anything like enough, or people were purchasing armfuls to put on certain web auction sites. This may also have been affected by not having to have paid an entrance fee to the IMA to get into the factory, any Tom, Dick and Harry, along with Jane and Jill could walk in off the street to do the factory tour! I haven't yet gone looking online to see what they may be selling for, but will be doing so.

And then I went to the Museum to pick up the Museum wagons for the year, and while the Marklin one was readily available in all three gauges, the Trix one was sold out - for the second year in a row, and this year year we are only three quarters of the way through the year. Cursing Cursing Cursing

I am hot enough under the collar to be writing to Herr Sieber directly about the lack of ability in the marketing planning department to get their figures right.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline TEEWolf  
#120 Posted : 19 September 2017 02:37:18(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

DSC00571.JPG

Please add your name and country of origin. I can remember we had some Frenchman (or was it BelgianLOL), several from down under; a Swede; some Germans; British and American. Forgive if I have missed anyone add, that is why I ask to add your name and location.

Mike

Hello Mike,

you are not alone.

Too many People, together for a too short time, to keep all names in mind.

It is me (TEEWolf) right in the middle, behind the charming lady in the green coat.Smile

And yes, we are in front of the SNCF 241-A in gauge 1:1Blink. Shortly before I saw first time the model in the Staufer hall in gauge 1:87 - H0. I have to confess: the model looks better, while younger. Laugh

picture from the original

and H0

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#121 Posted : 19 September 2017 20:58:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

picture from the original

I have to admit that I was most bemused to see this wording in German on a French locomotive. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Still, I guess that is what happens when domiciled in Switzerland (presumably the German speaking portion).

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#122 Posted : 20 September 2017 19:36:34(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Here is a link with some of my pictures from a nice evenmang Cool
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline kiwiAlan  
#123 Posted : 20 September 2017 22:55:07(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post

Your photos give examples of something that I have not observed before - pictures inside the factory. In earlier years there have been notices that photography was verboten, and I was surprised it was allowed this year.

And I like your last photo - somewhere in the forum pages is a similar photo of my car loaded in a similar manner ... ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Dreadnought  
#124 Posted : 20 September 2017 23:25:18(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Here are my brief impressions of the Treff weekend.

I would agree with Kiwi Alan, and Mike. There did not seem to be as much on display.

I did the factory tour on Friday morning. I got the commemorative model of the box car no problem. You could also build a locomotive, as at Stauffer Park. The tour was well set out, but a lot of stairs, likely a problem for those who are not good walkers. It was a highlight to see the making of locomotives. The insider 103, and 75 were conspicuous. Staff were very patient at explaining, though my poor schoolboy German and their equivalent English was a challenge.

Leonard Weiss had a track bed repair machine, and what I think was a track laying machine. Their Kof was there too. There was not as much model railroad to see. There was one modular layout along the wall in the side room that was quite detailed. It was single track with passing tracks, and broken into blocks. Each block had an operator, and the pleasure seemed to be in passing off the train to the next controller. I wish the Italian Group with their wonderful M track layout of four years ago would come back. Unlike last Treff there was no display of thermite welding. The live steam groups were not there either.

Stauffer park had a good display of the main scenery, model, car, and train makers. As in past years Marklin was set up so that you could make a locomotive, however it was three variants of the Traxx type which I made last year, so I did not do one. One was in modern SNCF FRET livery that seemed popular. I bought one of the "treff" cars, a copper coloured tank car. I gather they ran out of those at some stage. It is quite attractive and I am happy with it. I got to play with a CS 3 for a little while. I think I need more time and perhaps some patient teaching to understand the advantages. Four years ago, as I recall Marklin had a CS 2 in a sort of Insiders only area with an attendant. Under his supervision I played with it, and the then new 218. It sold me on both. It was a large area with lots of tables where people were eating and watching presentations by Marklin.A repeat of that would have been good from my point of view.

I got to the meeting on platform 4 at 4. There were forum members from India, the U.S., Australia, The U.K., France, Spain, (I think), Canada (me), and Sweden. The meeting ended rather abruptly as the Rheingold was leaving, and we scurried off to watch it leave. The 241 was also moving to it was quite distracting.

The undisputed star of the event was the 241, both the big one, and the model. There seemed to be a rush to order, and even in some cases first to order from your particular dealer. I have ordered, but have no idea if I was the first from my part of the world.

The EWS arena seemed to have relatively little on display. There were some interesting layouts, but to me the best one was the outdoor one.

Another highlight, for me, was to have a beer at the Hohenstaufen and play with their Z gauge layouts, makes the beer taste great!! I hope to make it for 2019. For a Marklin fan it makes for a wonderful three days.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline IanC  
#125 Posted : 21 September 2017 11:46:20(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
I'm Ian, from the UK, 6th from the left, the tall one.

Great to meet everyone on 4@4. Let's do it again but try to get the group photo before we all go rushing off to photograph departing locos next time. The gathering at the pizza restaurant was also a great success, if a little crowded.

Meeting so many friends and making new ones and the networking really enhanced the Marklin Treff experience, although as mentioned above, I also thought it was a little diminished from a couple of years ago, but still very worthwhile. Hope to see you all in Goppingen again for the IMA in 2019, and many of you around before then.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline sidblack  
#126 Posted : 21 September 2017 16:47:03(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Hi all

DSC00569.JPG

DSC00571.JPG

Mike

Hi there,
I'm John from Canberra, Australia to the right of Lisa in the green coat. We really enjoyed meeting our fellow Märklin fans and having dinner with them afterwards. That was one of our major objectives.
The Treff was well worth the visit, especially seeing the live action at the station and the factory tour. I was surprised not to see more layouts at Staufer Park but there were some wonderful ones there in any case.
We've just completed the Bernina Express today. On the plus side the scenery was incredible but on the negative side there was "unscheduled maintenance" on the line so a sizeable proportion of the trip was by bus!
Hope to keep in touch and it's great to be put a face to many of the people I've seen on the forum.
John
And thanks Mike for posting the photos!
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by sidblack
Offline MKOpSeattle  
#127 Posted : 21 September 2017 19:07:16(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
Hi Fellow Members,

This is T from Seattle, the guy in yellow jacket third from the right in the first picture. It was great to meet other forum members from different parts of the world. I got there on early Friday morning and I had a big smile on my face as soon as I got off the train and smelt the burning coal. We are now in Wengen, Switzerland after a hectic five train exchanges from Esslingen with six minutes max between trains. All the trains left on time.

I was disappointed that there wasn't much M track or 2nd hand vendor at the Treff. But I was told there will be lots of them at the Eurospoor in the Netherlands. Maybe another trip. But it's up to my FD.

I hope to see you all again in two years.

T
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by MKOpSeattle
Offline Nigel Packer  
#128 Posted : 21 September 2017 22:08:32(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
I'm in the pictures, but hiding!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kimballthurlow  
#129 Posted : 22 September 2017 04:24:03(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the great photos.

KimbLL
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline hennabm  
#130 Posted : 22 September 2017 19:06:21(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
I'm in the pictures, but hiding!

Nigel

I can see you ThumpUp
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline jvuye  
#131 Posted : 24 September 2017 16:06:31(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hi all

DSC00571.JPG

Mike

What a great time we had!
So happy to meet old friends and new ones!
I'm the second bearded one, on the left, next to KiwiAlan.

The 241A65 was indeed the star of the show.
I spent several hours just looking at all the details and finally understood all the stories that Mr Chapelon wrote in his book "La machine locomotive"

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr Eisenbahn (Belgian having moved to France via California...yes I know, it's complicated)

Edited by moderator 25 September 2017 03:07:07(UTC)  | Reason: Missing [/quote]

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline mrmarklin  
#132 Posted : 24 September 2017 18:29:24(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Hi all

Here are the majority of those that met at 4 on 4

DSC00571.JPG

Mike

I'm on the far right n this pic.

Dave Pryor
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline rbonet  
#133 Posted : 24 September 2017 21:00:15(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
My own set of photos of the Märklin days 2017 event:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5NhBaH

I hope you will enjoy them!

Regards,

Rafael
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by rbonet
Offline kimballthurlow  
#134 Posted : 24 September 2017 22:55:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
My own set of photos of the Märklin days 2017 event:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5NhBaH

I hope you will enjoy them!

Regards,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

What a great set of photos, it was almost like being there.
You are a very good photographer.
And you have a range of perspectives, from close-ups to panoramas. Thank you.

I particularly liked the photo .....8902b which had a foreground of a catenary mast.
Marklin make a model of this mast, I was so pleased to see the real one.

And the photos of 3673 (eg. ....8821b ....8859b and .....8864b) are quite stirring.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline rbonet  
#135 Posted : 25 September 2017 12:22:50(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
Hi Kimball,

Thank you very much for your comments. As a photographer it is my believing that I've too much to learn.

8902b: there is almost nothing else than the catenary mast in this photo!

The K.Bay.Sts.B S3/6 is one of my favorite locos, I have a couple of them. I was very happy with the presence of the prototype in the Märklin days event!!

Regards,

Rafael
Offline TEEWolf  
#136 Posted : 26 September 2017 00:54:43(UTC)
TEEWolf

Finally the "4 at 4" group ended up in a nice Italian restaurant Drool filling up the energy reserves for the next IMA day 2017 in Goeppingen.BigGrin

P.S.: sorry, I lost these pictures in my deep valley of the big chaos data of my computer.Laugh Where my searching machine found them again last weekend.Mellow
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline steventrain  
#137 Posted : 26 September 2017 19:20:12(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Have you see any BR218 Betty Boom?

Marklin is to production 39273 Class 218 'Betty Boom' special edition for Eurotrain dealers only.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline TEEWolf  
#138 Posted : 26 September 2017 19:49:52(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Marklin is to production 39273 Class 218 'Betty Boom' special edition for Eurotrain dealers only.

Yes I did. I even had a chance for a view inside, not only to the drivers cabin, also to see the engine, gear and exhaust system. But it was so narrow and overcrowded by the people, I did not make pictures, sorry.
Offline steventrain  
#139 Posted : 26 September 2017 21:11:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

Yes I did. I even had a chance for a view inside, not only to the drivers cabin, also to see the engine, gear and exhaust system. But it was so narrow and overcrowded by the people, I did not make pictures, sorry.

See images included cab - http://www.sammeln.z-ins...e/2017/09/17/betty-boom/
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#140 Posted : 27 September 2017 14:50:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Ah, as stated (by me) further up, I was expecting this to be in the 2018 NI. It is in the herbst Trix NI as a Minitrix item for delivery next year.

Offline swisstrains  
#141 Posted : 29 September 2017 01:54:01(UTC)
swisstrains

Finally the "4 at 4" group ended up in a nice Italian restaurant Drool filling up the energy reserves for the next IMA day 2017 in Goeppingen.BigGrin

P.S.: sorry, I lost these pictures in my deep valley of the big chaos data of my computer.Laugh Where my searching machine found them again last weekend.Mellow

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the 4x4, but I did attend the dinner at the Italian Restaurant: 3rd photo, 4th from the the left, looking away. :). It was great seeing you all!

Tak
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by swisstrains
Offline MaerklinLife  
#142 Posted : 30 September 2017 07:38:30(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: MKOpSeattle Go to Quoted Post
I plan to visit at least one Maerklin store in Goppingen during the Treff. BigGrin I found several on the Maerklin website, but some are just toy stores with a M section. The only real shop is

Märklin Spielwaren Vertriebs-GmbH Store
Reutlinger Str. 2
73037 Göppingen

Has anyone visited it before? It is only a short walk, about 18 minutes, from the train station.

I know I'm a bit late, but as information to someone visiting this thread in the future:

The above mentioned store is the Märklin Museum. Next time it will be at a new location next to the main factory building.

My personal experience is that the Märklin Museum is a great store for everything Märklin and accessories from various other manufacturers (Noch, Viessmann, Faller etc.). Of course, you won't find any Roco, Fleischmann and PIKO there. Smile.

I like going to the Märklin Museum. The term "Märklin World of Adventure" might be a bit over the top and expectation adjustments are needed. You should expect a store with a smaller exhibition. Not a resort with roller coasters, ice cream stands and hotels as the name implies. BigGrin

Another store is
Spiel und Freizeit Rau
Poststrasse 52
73037 Göppingen

They have an okay selection of models and accessories. They also deal in RC cars etc. It is not as big as the Märklin Store, but that is to be expected.

I was at the Elser Toy Store as well, but that seemed to be only second hand and at prices that was ridiculously high. I cannot recommend that store. The store is located at Bleichstraße 6 in Göppingen.