Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2017 20:14:42(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I email marklin customer service on the 3rd July and got reply from Frank Mayer the next day said the correct fully cab window is on way for the Marklin 39170.

Still not arrive yet, i email Marklin three time but no reply.ThumbDown

The problem is 39170 need fully cab window and 43856 TEE pack have derailment again on 1st radius curved because of Marklin make own CC Coupling hit with buffers. Why Marklin is not listening.

I post letter to Marklin CEO about problem with Marklin Customer service/Insider email, I send 12 emails but only one reply. Not goodCursing

Edited by user 09 August 2017 20:59:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2017 21:13:26(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Is "derailment again on 1st radius curved" meaning the wagons derail on an R1 curve?

If so, what is different about the positions of the short couplers now vs for other cars, that makes them get entangled with the buffers? Or are the buffers differently located on the 43856 wagon pack ?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2017 23:14:30(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Is "derailment again on 1st radius curved" meaning the wagons derail on an R1 curve?

If so, what is different about the positions of the short couplers now vs for other cars, that makes them get entangled with the buffers? Or are the buffers differently located on the 43856 wagon pack ?

Marklin own make CCCoupling was height and stucked with buffers on 1st radius/crossover (24611/24612).

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2017 23:16:45(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Now I change to the RTS coupling 2mm low away from buffers - No stuck, No derailment.Wink

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2017 03:23:40(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I suspect the metal contact on the new couplers might be pushing the coupler up towards the top of the socket and resulting in contact between the coupling and the underside of the buffer.
You mention that you had no problem with the RTS couplers. The results should be the same with the original Maerklin 72020/72021.

Can you test the new edition Maerklin couplers with another consist, maybe the 43853-54 Helvetia or the 42990/91 Rheingold/Helvetia to see whether the same problem occurs on those coaches? There may be a difference in the buffers that aggravates the issue on the newly released models.

As far as the consist, was the bar coach normally situated in front of the restaurant coach, so that the kitchen area could service both the dining room, but the bar coach as well?
Don't know if that will solve your coupling issue?

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2017 07:53:53(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I send 12 emails but only one reply.
With 12 e-mails you should get 3 or 4 replies, with 2 or 3 replies totally silly or not relevant to the question.
Only 1 reply is really bad.

It seems Märklin service got worse since I last contacted them.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline petestra  
#7 Posted : 05 August 2017 13:39:42(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
I send 12 emails but only one reply.
With 12 e-mails you should get 3 or 4 replies, with 2 or 3 replies totally silly or not relevant to the question.
Only 1 reply is really bad.

It seems Märklin service got worse since I last contacted them.

Hi Tom. And I assume you write to them "auf Deutsch"? I do too although 2 weeks ago my brand new 39225 just died on the tracks. After discussing the problem with the

digital team on Facebook here in the states, I checked what they asked me to check and then they told me to return it to DE, seeing that I bought it at Lokshop.

I emailed them and they did answer me back right away. This time I remembered to include my Insider number in the email. Who knows? Perhaps that did some

good? I sent them the lok to be repaired under "garantie". It just arrived this morning in Goeppingen. Now we'll see how long it takes to get it back? I hesitated

on sending it now as I know August is vacation time in DE. I will let all of you know how long this takes. Cheers, Peter. Mellow
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 06 August 2017 03:59:13(UTC)
TEEWolf

Here an overview of couplers

http://www.stayathome.ch/kupplungen.htm

and here the new online-shop for buying the rts-coupler

https://www.montageservice-rts.de/online-shop/

nice pictures which show the smaler bow on the coupler. Perhaps it helps to make Maerklin more friendly against customers by buying some parts not from Maerklin.BigGrin Cool

Thanks to Steven. Explaing me why some of mine coaches are derailing and some not. Now I can solve this problem.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 06 August 2017 09:02:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Explaing me why some of mine coaches are derailing and some not. Now I can solve this problem.
It's a well-known problem that Märklin couplers are too high and cause problems with non-Märklin rolling stock.
It's new that Märklin couplers cause problems with Märklin rolling stock - usually Märklin models have extra-high or extra-small buffers to make room for the Märklin couplers.

Another coupler comparison (not power-conducting):
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...-couplers-for-h0-models/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 06 August 2017 10:20:50(UTC)
Goofy

Hello Steven!
Did you tested other short couples?
Like Fleischmann and Roco?

DSC_0010_529.JPGDSC_0008_527.JPGDSC_0009_528.JPGDSC_0011_530.JPG
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 06 August 2017 11:13:14(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Power-conducting couplers are needed for that train.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 07 August 2017 20:11:45(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Power-conducting couplers are needed for that train.

Yes indeed, you need a current conducting close coupler, which can be uncoupled. Also at Stummis it is a topic and they issued a comparison picture between the RTS-coupler and the "new" Maerklin current coupler.

https://stummiforum.de/v...=2&t=150928#p1712630

But as everybody can see, there are significant differnces.

One member posted (# 4 of above link) that he recognized first time the new current coupler at the BR 103 LH Airport Express (26680). I got the same model and I made one picture from one of mine coupler and see yourself:

The first picture is from the LH Express, mounted by Maerklin. Second picture shows a coach from the "Blauer Enzian" (42615) with a current coupler for uncoupling from Maerklin. I replaced the 7319 drawbar, otherwise it is very uncomfortable handling this train for a carpet railroader. But both coupler are looking the same. And surprise, on the LH Express one you can read "RTS". It seems to me that Maerklin had used RTS couplers standardly and now changed with the new TEE to another coupler type.

Anyway, at the Stummi thread the new homepage address from RTS were listed. See this link:

https://www.montageservice-rts.de/online-shop/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Online franciscohg  
#13 Posted : 07 August 2017 22:31:22(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Great information. But the.couplers showed in stummis doesnt look like yours. The hook seems to be a standard M one, wich make me do another question. How the TEE couples and uncouple? Standard M (RTS) are a nightmare.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline steventrain  
#14 Posted : 09 August 2017 20:56:03(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
email from Marklin-

Dear XX.XXXXXX,

we gave this information to our quality circle. They are checking actual, if there is a problem with this coupling. We have to wait until we get a report from this department.

Sincerely yours,

Your Maerklin Customer Service
Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 09 August 2017 20:58:42(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

I post letter to Marklin CEO about problem with Marklin Customer service/Insider email, I send 12 emails but only one reply. Not goodCursing

Email from marklin - 'Thank you for your letter to Mr. Sieber......'

I am happy with lot of reply from Customer service, problem solved.

Offline petestra  
#16 Posted : 09 August 2017 21:11:32(UTC)
petestra

United States   

It's ridiculous that they don't reply to emails. It's really horrible service. My Lok (return for repair under garantie) was received at the

Goeppingen PO on Sat. Aug 5th. It has still not been delivered and they don't answer my emails at all. I'm going to write to Sieber too

when this all ends. Anyone at Lufthansa would have been severely reprimanded if they treated customers like that. Peter.
Offline Mike M  
#17 Posted : 09 August 2017 21:24:17(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post

It's ridiculous that they don't reply to emails. It's really horrible service. My Lok (return for repair under garantie) was received at the

Goeppingen PO on Sat. Aug 5th. It has still not been delivered and they don't answer my emails at all. I'm going to write to Sieber too

when this all ends. Anyone at Lufthansa would have been severely reprimanded if they treated customers like that. Peter.

I also have had the same problem.No response from e-mails for months.They give the worst customer service I have ever experienced.Bunch of Dorks running around in Penguin suits trying to act important.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mike M
Offline mike c  
#18 Posted : 10 August 2017 01:06:43(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The lok (package) was received at Goeppingen PO on Aug 5th. That would likely mean that it would have been picked up by Maerklin on Monday, Aug 7th and you are upset that you have not received a reply on the 9th. Do you know how many loks that Maerklin receives each week? I doubt that the packages are opened the minute or even the same day that they are received. Most likely, the arrival of the package is recorded and perhaps, the attached letter might be read and the package forwarded to the particular department where that issue is serviced. Once it gets there, the item is examined, tested and a report is made as to the nature of the problem and the diagnosis of what (repairs/actions) need to be done. It then waits for approval and then the technician or representative begins the approved work and once the work is done, the item is prepared for return shipment and the customer will be contacted.

Have some patience.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline TEEWolf  
#19 Posted : 10 August 2017 02:20:09(UTC)
TEEWolf

email from Marklin-

Dear XX.XXXXXX,

we gave this information to our quality circle. They are checking actual, if there is a problem with this coupling. We have to wait until we get a report from this department.

Sincerely yours,

Your Maerklin Customer Service

Don't worry, be happy. Angry Angry But I can't be happy, when I read or hear about the customer service from Maerklin.ThumbDown Scared

Perhaps I open an special thread with the title: "how I joined the Insider Club to buy a very specific loco, but Maerklin did not want it". I almost lost my countenance, when finally the insider customer service wrote me a mail in harsh words, why I am not doing what they dictated me. This was after the official deadline for placing an order of the BR 102.1. After paying the annual fee, writing them twice, I joined the insider club, because I want to order the 103.1 insider model – no answer at all. Make a long story short: the service acted with the a treatment like: caution customer threatens us with an order and sales. Don't move. Yes, Maerklin has really a serious customer service problem.
Offline TEEWolf  
#20 Posted : 10 August 2017 02:31:24(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Great information. But the.couplers showed in stummis doesnt look like yours. The hook seems to be a standard M one, wich make me do another question. How the TEE couples and uncouple? Standard M (RTS) are a nightmare.

I do not have my TEE train yet. But I checked my LH airport express. It is completly (except the loco with the driver inside side and the coach with the ending signals) assembled with the rts couplers. Frankly, since I drive this train, I was pleased as good it was running. No uncoupling, no derailing and I hope it keeps forever.
Offline river6109  
#21 Posted : 10 August 2017 05:14:17(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The lok (package) was received at Goeppingen PO on Aug 5th. That would likely mean that it would have been picked up by Maerklin on Monday, Aug 7th and you are upset that you have not received a reply on the 9th. Do you know how many loks that Maerklin receives each week? I doubt that the packages are opened the minute or even the same day that they are received. Most likely, the arrival of the package is recorded and perhaps, the attached letter might be read and the package forwarded to the particular department where that issue is serviced. Once it gets there, the item is examined, tested and a report is made as to the nature of the problem and the diagnosis of what (repairs/actions) need to be done. It then waits for approval and then the technician or representative begins the approved work and once the work is done, the item is prepared for return shipment and the customer will be contacted.

Have some patience.

Regards

Mike C

any ideas why Märklin receives so many locos on any given day ?

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mike c  
#22 Posted : 10 August 2017 06:45:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
any ideas why Märklin receives so many locos on any given day?

To start with, as Maerklin dealers and national distributors in many cases no longer provide the repairs/upgrade/maintenance service that many of them used to, much of that product is now sent to Goeppingen for service. This can include warranty repairs, damage claims (damaged goods returned to factory for repair, replacement), upgrades (motor/decoder/digital conversion) and out of warranty work. Most of this product is sent to Goeppingen by mail and arrives at the Goeppingen PO Box, where it is picked up by Maerklin staff.
I do not have precise information on the quantity of goods received each and every day, but I followed the process on a few returns and it provided a general idea of how the system works.
AFAICT there would be a lot less volume at the factory if local dealers and national distributors maintained their prior services (minor repairs, conversions, etc).

Regards

Mike C

Offline river6109  
#23 Posted : 10 August 2017 09:05:52(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
any ideas why Märklin receives so many locos on any given day?

To start with, as Maerklin dealers and national distributors in many cases no longer provide the repairs/upgrade/maintenance service that many of them used to, much of that product is now sent to Goeppingen for service. This can include warranty repairs, damage claims (damaged goods returned to factory for repair, replacement), upgrades (motor/decoder/digital conversion) and out of warranty work. Most of this product is sent to Goeppingen by mail and arrives at the Goeppingen PO Box, where it is picked up by Maerklin staff.
I do not have precise information on the quantity of goods received each and every day, but I followed the process on a few returns and it provided a general idea of how the system works.
AFAICT there would be a lot less volume at the factory if local dealers and national distributors maintained their prior services (minor repairs, conversions, etc).

Regards

Mike C

one would think to keep repairs to a minimum unless repairs or returns are already calculated into the selling price. I can't see it being a good business exercise to have items returned for repairs all the time. although they (Märklin) doesn't pay for the postage.

apparently certain quality issues haven't been addressed before the items have been cleared for distribution.

John

Online franciscohg  
#24 Posted : 10 August 2017 09:34:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   

I do not have my TEE train yet. But I checked my LH airport express. It is completly (except the loco with the driver inside side and the coach with the ending signals) assembled with the rts couplers. Frankly, since I drive this train, I was pleased as good it was running. No uncoupling, no derailing and I hope it keeps forever.

Yes, the RTS couplers works very well but IMHO they are not the sweetest thing for coupling and uncoupling. In the stummi pictures the couplers seems to have a standard hook i think to prevent this, of course if it leads to derailments it is not a good thing at all. Will have a closer look when my set arrives.
Regards
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline twmarklinfan  
#25 Posted : 11 August 2017 14:37:25(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
I can share all of your frustrations as sometimes replies are slow coming back. My observations are 1) delayed responses are usually to more difficult questions which have to be referred to people with more specialist knowledge, 2) M is taking time to replicate a particular situation to answer a question, 3) at times around big shows when the teams focus is elsewhere. Having taken that into account I would say I am 95% happy with the service I receive from Marklin.

I understand they prioritise guarantee repairs, and what I do with non guarantee repairs is e Mail periodically to get an update which is usually replied to very quickly indeed. I always send my items fully tracked and signed for so I know exactly when they are received.

One thing I am particularly impressed with is not having to pay up front for repairs, often the repaired item arrives before the invoice.

Adrian
Offline Minok  
#26 Posted : 14 August 2017 22:21:46(UTC)
Minok

United States   
From the Stummi thread, the new Märklin coupler does appear to be wider than the older one (the RTS design):

UserPostedImage

That width I guess is binding up in the buffers... but why didn't this get caught in the design, prototype, or pre-shipping QC phases?

---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Minok  
#27 Posted : 14 August 2017 22:29:43(UTC)
Minok

United States   
After paying the annual fee, writing them twice, I joined the insider club, because I want to order the 103.1 insider model – no answer at all. Make a long story short: the service acted with the a treatment like: caution customer threatens us with an order and sales. Don't move. Yes, Maerklin has really a serious customer service problem.

What was the issue you encountered? Did you not get an insider ordering form from Märklin after joining? If you join right before the cut-off date for the order, the order forms might have already gone out. I had asked the USA representative in January if it was still possible to join and get the insider loco and she indicated it was, so thats when I joined, and I got the mailing with the order form in plenty of time to then scan/fax/email it to my US dealer to get the order placed.

Folks may think the Märklin has the worst customer service but I think there is worse. DELL has horrible customer service. I got the run-around from their call centers a world away on a 'dead on arrival' monitor that had me sitting in phone-hold hell 3 times at 20mins per wait, and they kept transferring me from one group to the other back and forth as each group felt the other was responsible for the issue with the broken monitor.

For Märklin - remember they are in an industry in decline and fighting to stay relevant - so they have to run a tight ship as such don't have budget for a lot of folks to answer emails, return tracking systems and other IT niceties, and what we have come to expect from Amazon.com for example.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline petestra  
#28 Posted : 15 August 2017 00:15:50(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post

UPDATE; 11aug, Fri. Lok was finally delivered after sitting at the Goeppingen PO all week.

Maerklin emailed me today to let me know that Lok will be repaired. They did not say when. Peter
Offline TEEWolf  
#29 Posted : 15 August 2017 02:37:37(UTC)
TEEWolf

After paying the annual fee, writing them twice, I joined the insider club, because I want to order the 103.1 insider model – no answer at all. Make a long story short: the service acted with the a treatment like: caution customer threatens us with an order and sales. Don't move. Yes, Maerklin has really a serious customer service problem.

What was the issue you encountered?

To buy the first Insider Model 2017, the 103.1 with the extended cabin.

Did you not get an insider ordering form from Märklin after joining?

No, although I requested it twice, before the order deadline.

If you join right before the cut-off date for the order, the order forms might have already gone out.

Yes, they should have been, but they did not and I never got the forms. I entered the Insider Club on April 1st, 2017. Finally my internet dealer ordered the insider models for me by my insider membership number, which I mailed him.

I had asked the USA representative in January, if it was still possible to join and get the insider loco and she indicated it was, so thats when I joined, and I got the mailing with the order form in plenty of time to then scan/fax/email it to my US dealer to get the order placed.

This was my idea too. But I applied directly to Maerklin via the internet on their homepage.

For Märklin - remember they are in an industry in decline and fighting to stay relevant - so they have to run a tight ship as such don't have budget for a lot of folks to answer emails, return tracking systems and other IT niceties, and what we have come to expect from Amazon.com for example.

Correct. And because of the advertisements they must spend an awful lot of money into their marketing to get new members for the Insider Club. Nevertheless their customer treatment for new members is in my opinion pretty poor.

I do not think so, because they had time to send me e-mails, how I should have to behave myself. And Maerklin engineers answered my e-mails amazing quick within days, after asking them for technical details about my new CS 3+. Why not the customer service?

Did you ever bought a car and the salesman told you to behave yourself, after you told and paid him to buy one of his cars and just want the papers for registration purposes? What would you think about this salesman?

Perhaps you read or saw in one of their movies, that Maerklin is building a new museum for millions of Euros. Their ship cannot be very tight and don't you think that they cannot invest some ten thousand Euros into their customer service to achieve more sales in the future by new customers? What do you guess is more important? Customers bringing fresh cash or a new building bringing only image?
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Minok  
#30 Posted : 15 August 2017 20:54:41(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Did you ever bought a car and the salesman told you to behave yourself, after you told and paid him to buy one of his cars and just want the papers for registration purposes? What would you think about this salesman?

I understand. Its frustrating.

Mailing lists are always lagging, which is why you likely were not on the mailing to get the order form. Not sure how the German side of the club works, in the US its handled via a dedicated US focal in Wisconsin, seperate from the German club side. But I can imagine the mailing list gets updated every week or maybe month, but if a company prints up the packages, they may be using a list of names/addresses that is a month old. Still Märklin should have a way to handle this, or at least indicate when the last day to join the club is in order to get the following insider models

I don't know if you recall from many years back when the iPhone 4 came out, and had the antenna-gate problem.
Apple complained their customers were not holding the phone correctly and that was the problem for the poor reception. Needless to say, that didn't go over too well with Apple Customers and Apple sent out free plastic frames for the phones to address the design flaw.

At present, a photo-gimble stabilizer maker called DJI who makes the Osmo Mobile, has an issue with its design where the motors are under powered for using it with some larger phones like the Apple "plus" models. The result is the system's control process cannot stabilize those phones quickly enough and results in issues in image quality. DJI are telling customers that the customers are not "walking correctly".. the user should walk a certain way. I suspect that is going over just as badly for DJI. If the customer has to walk a special way then why bother with the tool whose purpose is to take the bounce out of the image from walking?

In this case with Märklin, we don't see things from their side. It could be they get the same question from a dozen folks, or the person you were interacting with didn't have a good day, or maybe they assumed you should have gotten your form (the concept that no form arrive wasn't something they considered). But Märklin will have to adjust its own customer interaction quality as well, if it hopes to survive.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 15 August 2017 23:01:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Yes, they should have been, but they did not and I never got the forms. I entered the Insider Club on April 1st, 2017. Finally my internet dealer ordered the insider models for me by my insider membership number, which I mailed him.

That is all you need to do these days. I haven't sent in the forms for several years, just mail my dealer saying which items I want.

Offline TEEWolf  
#32 Posted : 16 August 2017 02:20:05(UTC)
TEEWolf

I understand. Its frustrating.

Mailing lists are always lagging, which is why you likely were not on the mailing to get the order form. Not sure how the German side of the club works, in the US its handled via a dedicated US focal in Wisconsin, seperate from the German club side. But I can imagine the mailing list gets updated every week or maybe month, but if a company prints up the packages, they may be using a list of names/addresses that is a month old. Still Märklin should have a way to handle this, or at least indicate when the last day to join the club is in order to get the following insider models

I don't know if you recall from many years back when the iPhone 4 came out, and had the antenna-gate problem.
Apple complained their customers were not holding the phone correctly and that was the problem for the poor reception. Needless to say, that didn't go over too well with Apple Customers and Apple sent out free plastic frames for the phones to address the design flaw.

At present, a photo-gimble stabilizer maker called DJI who makes the Osmo Mobile, has an issue with its design where the motors are under powered for using it with some larger phones like the Apple "plus" models. The result is the system's control process cannot stabilize those phones quickly enough and results in issues in image quality. DJI are telling customers that the customers are not "walking correctly".. the user should walk a certain way. I suspect that is going over just as badly for DJI. If the customer has to walk a special way then why bother with the tool whose purpose is to take the bounce out of the image from walking?

In this case with Märklin, we don't see things from their side. It could be they get the same question from a dozen folks, or the person you were interacting with didn't have a good day, or maybe they assumed you should have gotten your form (the concept that no form arrive wasn't something they considered). But Märklin will have to adjust its own customer interaction quality as well, if it hopes to survive.

Nice try Minok, but it does not answer the question, why can the customer service not do what the technical service can do easily? Just answering a customer's question!

The icing on the cake is, that the insider club service sent me an insider package in May. But it was not the one from April 2017 with the actual Maerklin Magazine 01/2017. It was the one from February 2017 with the Maerklin Magazine 01/2017, which I had bought already. And all forms, etc. were not attached, of course.

Well I do not say in general this is Maerklin, no. It is only a part of Maerklin and it is this part which is responsible for the customers. Don't you think that this is disastrous? And why should I - as a customer - see Maerklin's side? Does Maerklin look at my side, when they make their article prices? No – quite the contrary – they ban each Maerklin dealer, who is willing to give me more than 10% discount on Maerklin products. Do you know, that this is illegal in Germany? It is against the antitrust law, because it is a resale price maintenance.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#33 Posted : 16 August 2017 02:53:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

That is all you need to do these days. I haven't sent in the forms for several years, just mail my dealer saying which items I want.

After several years you know it, but if you are just joining a club for buying a specific article with special requirements?

Nevertheless this was the way I acted, after I had no success with Maerklin and did not receive the order forms from Maerklin. I asked "Joes Modelbahnlädle" for help. And he was very helpful placing my order for the 103.1 insider.

And now I am still waiting. Just yesterday Mr. Diez wrote me a mail telling me, that he is now expecting my loco at the end of this months.BigGrin
Offline river6109  
#34 Posted : 16 August 2017 03:45:49(UTC)
river6109

Australia   

The icing on the cake is, that the insider club service sent me an insider package in May. But it was not the one from April 2017 with the actual Maerklin Magazine 01/2017. It was the one from February 2017 with the Maerklin Magazine 01/2017, which I had bought already. And all forms, etc. were not attached, of course.

Well this reminds me of several instances: a.) faulty tongues for k-track turnouts = got the replacement 6 month later with a new version of the turnout tongues (not compatible, b.) spare part bag for Traxx loco = part missing and than claiming that part is not part of the spare part until I've directed them to their own listed spare part list. c.) replacements of coils for turnout motors, they've just sent the coils without the plastic end supports. d.) wheel inspection circuit board for BR 03. the circuit board shortened because the board wasn't screwed on hard enough and touched the frame and this ruined the Aux 2 outlet on the decoder, sent several items to Märklin, including the explanation what happened. they've received everything except the decoder. I've asked the question how can you receive all other items and not the decoder: they couldn't answer the question, one explanation I had: if you don't send the loco and the decoder, they disregard the decoder and this is one reason I've stopped buying Märklin locos just in case there is something wrong with it especially new models which haven't been tested by train enthusiasts.

and this guarantee issue , there is no guarantee they will honor the guarantee by sending a faulty loco back to them, the cost of sending it back (postage A$ 80.00) and if they refuse it was their fault a repair bill and the return postage will fall onto my neck.

no thanks.

John

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline TEEWolf  
#35 Posted : 16 August 2017 18:37:54(UTC)
TEEWolf

For heaven's sake! That is much more worst as what happened to me. Maerklin does not have to complain anything about declining sales by such a customer treament.
Offline steventrain  
#36 Posted : 18 August 2017 18:35:28(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Mailing of cab windows arrive for Insider 39170.

It look much better now.Smile

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Online franciscohg  
#37 Posted : 19 August 2017 17:04:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Got my 103 finally yesterday, i think it is a gorgeous model other than the window problem.
Steven, did you just wrote to Mr Mayer in order to get the replacement windows?
Best regards
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline steventrain  
#38 Posted : 19 August 2017 21:33:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Got my 103 finally yesterday, i think it is a gorgeous model other than the window problem.
Best regards

You can contact Marklin customer service (Frank Mayer) https://www.maerklin.de/en/company/contact/

Need your insider membership number for free windows set.
MrB32  
#39 Posted : 19 August 2017 23:43:49(UTC)

This just shows that good old Auntie M hasn't moved in 21st century yet. In Germany and some European countries, they have long had a good distribution/maintenance network, Marklin has a good amount of specialised resellers who offer warranty work and probably get some benefits for doing this. Customers are used to going to their favourite shop and get the face to face service.

For other countries, the policy seems to be to find one distributor whose task it is to sell and enforce an aggressive pricing policy. In return the distributor has nothing to do from a warranty perspective. As an example, the official reseller/distributor in the UK doesn't do repairs, any warranty call requires the item to be sent back to Germany. This is frankly ridiculous and pushes customers to contact Märklin directly or attempt repairs themselves which may invalidate the warranty. Unfortunately, Märklin are no longer geared up to answer international queries. A few years ago, they reacted pretty quickly (1 day max), my last query to Auntie M was also answered ... but after 8 working days!

Märklin needs to change their ways in this respect and chose distributors who can deal with easy warranty calls locally, for example the windows for the E103 in this thread, why should the customer have to do this after spending a few hundred pounds? Imagine being sold a new VW, and have to send it to the factory for repairs or worse be sent some spare parts and asked to fit them yourself...

Perhaps they need some pressure on social media (they have a Facebook page...), a bit a public humiliation might finally push them to gear up their international customer service one way or another...
Offline Collector  
#40 Posted : 20 August 2017 03:45:43(UTC)
Collector

Best regards

You can contact Marklin customer service (Frank Mayer) https://www.maerklin.de/en/company/contact/

Need your insider membership number for free windows set.

Steven,

Do you have any idea how come you got a set that solved the problem at the second attempt while the first windows you got were as bad as the windows originally in your BR103.1

Trying to avoid having to go through the loop twice like you did. What went wrong the first time?

Thanks,

Michael

DRG/DB/SBB Epoche II/III/IV
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Collector