Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Artologic  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2017 17:28:54(UTC)
Artologic

Belgium   
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I tried to upgrade my silberlinge pilot coach car to led lighting (it was bought out of a box and came without working lights), I tought I would share some pictures about it. It s nog done yet (I used the wrong resistor and the lighting isn t fully convincing me - one side better lit then the other-, but I m glad for a first try, I got it working).

Here we go:

The leds and resistor to be placed in the car are put ready:

UserPostedImage

The circuit board needed to be cleaned as well, since one of the diodes (I think) leaked (see the small circle top left), to remove the circuit board just gently pop it up:

UserPostedImage

Tinning the required places to put the leds on later, I also bridged the two right islands so they form one circuit. I later changed this to a wire bridge:

UserPostedImage

This looks odd, but it s me testing which direction the led should be soldered on to have a yellow/red light in the right direction (I m for sure not a pro), still it works:

UserPostedImage

On the inside of the pickup I placed some tape, very important since the leds are coming really close to it:

UserPostedImage

First test setup for the yellow lights, also note how close the bottom led is to the tape:

UserPostedImage

The red led has been added, I also bent the top yellow led down, the ceiling was a bit lower then I messured. Bending it like this makes it easier to remove the car body as well. Here you can also see the wire bridge between the two islands:

UserPostedImage

This is the end result for now, yellow light:

UserPostedImage

Red light:

UserPostedImage

Like I said, it s far from perfect, so I ll try to make it better on a later date, but it was fun to do nevertheless :-).

Kristof
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Artologic