Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Markus Schild  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2017 23:59:58(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,
Some months ago, my son bought a cheap 3D-printer from China. An ANET A8 which can be found for less than 150 EUR/USD.

Someone who is probably also a member of this forum has published files to 3D-print an interior for the older commuter – cars (Silberlinge) 4042 and 4043: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2000105 . I tried to print them and they really look nice.

This brought me to the idea, to do the same for another tinplate car: The 4068 SBB- diner which never came with an interior, also not in the replica set 40661.

UserPostedImage

There is only one small problem. The openings in the body are to narrow to insert larger parts. So, I designed it like the people which are building ships in bottles.
The restaurant – compartment is printed in one piece but can be easily separated into four pieces to insert it into the car. A slider can be mounted under the restaurant - compartment.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The kitchen consists of three separate parts which can be stuck together inside the car. The parts are loosely held in position by the sheet lappets at the ends of the car and by the plastic-rivets which holds the parts under the car. An additional small piece of double-side adhesive tape can fix them so that you can also can turn the car upside-down.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2781993

Regards

Markus

Edited by user 04 February 2018 19:49:45(UTC)  | Reason: Files moved to thingiverse

thanks 30 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2017 00:24:32(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Looks really nice!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2017 14:52:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Looks excellent, thanks for making them available.

Offline DaleSchultz  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2017 18:07:12(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
excellent job!
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline GlennM  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2017 12:04:51(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Markus,

These look brilliant, and thanks for sharing. I also have the silberlinge ones provided by jvdwaa, and I am looking forward to having a go at fitting out some older coaches once I get access to a 3D printer.

All the best
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Brakeman  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2017 18:40:54(UTC)
Brakeman

United States   
Great job Markus,
Thanks for sharing!

BR
Juha
Offline jvuye  
#7 Posted : 14 August 2017 21:12:37(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Thank you markus!
This looks like a genius idea.
I will certainly use this one for my fleet of three 4068s!!!
Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline Markus Schild  
#8 Posted : 15 August 2017 09:22:41(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi all,

Thank you for the compliments.
This is the next project. An interior for the 4066 1.st class SBB express coach. Only the very last series came with an interior, most cars don't have one.
This is the "smoking" - compartment. At the "non-smoking"- compartment the toilet is placed on the other side. Please be a little bit patient. I will be away from the printer the next days. So, I will have the first real samples in the first week of September.

UserPostedImage

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#9 Posted : 15 August 2017 10:38:03(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post

The kitchen consists of three separate parts which can be stuck together inside the car. The parts are loosely held in position by the sheet lappets at the ends of the car and by the plastic-rivets which holds the parts under the car. An additional small piece of double-side adhesive tape can fix them so that you can also can turn the car upside-down.
Markus

Hi Markus,
you mean that have printed the file as we see?
What about the empty parts in the kitchen or the plan of the tables, can your printer makes that without sustain material?
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
Offline Markus Schild  
#10 Posted : 15 August 2017 10:54:37(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Alberto,

How much sustain material is needed depends on the material and even from the colour of the material. This example shows how it comes out of the printer. Still with some blue tape. It is printed in 1.75mm PLA with a 0.3 mm nozzle, 0.1 mm layer and 75mm/s speed. But the printer is modified with a bowden extruder. The motor for the filament is no longer in the head. With the old extruder, we printed at 35mm/s.

UserPostedImage

Regards

Markus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 15 August 2017 18:09:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Very interesting project. As far as the 4068, I had been wondering if the internal details of the dining coach from the 3471 TEE Set could be adapted for this car?
As far as the 4066, I don't know if the interiors are available as a part. Maerklin did make the 40661 reissue last year, so the parts may be around.

One small suggestion regarding the 3D Printing. As far as I remember, the seat backs on the RIC Donauwoerth Restaurant coaches (WRm RIC) were much lower and did not have the round headrest parts, so by trimming these elements, you can save some work during manufacturing.
This photo shows the innards of the LSM Model: http://www.bahnonline.ch...ets-mit-WRm-37687_01.jpg

The more important update that anybody can make with the 4068 diner is to replace the original MD (Minden Deutz) bogies with the correct ones (Schlieren) that Maerklin included on later models of the 4066/4068.

As the 4066 represents a coach with a length of 23.7m. The 4068 is built to RIC specs and has a total length of 26,4m. For this reason, I run my 4068 with DB or FS international coaches and run my 4066/40661 coaches as a domestic consist without restaurant.

It is interesting to note that at 24cm, the 4066 is almost perfect to scale to combine with the Maerklin 26.4 and 27cm international coaches, so you can add one 4066 at the head or at the rear of a consist pulled by a SBB Lok.

Regards

Mike C