Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gotthardbahn  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2017 19:44:56(UTC)
Gotthardbahn

Canada   
Hi there -

I'm new at this site, although I have been a steady collector of Marklin for about 20-odd years now.

Recently my dealer here in Toronto (Ontario Canada) ordered one these fine Toy Fair E93 locomotives for me, but it has yet to arrive. The order is good and my dealer will receive it soon enough, but this model is so cool! Has anyone received theirs yet? I see some offers on EBay out of Germany and Italy and France, so they must have shipped. Have any arrived in North America?

Another poster was querying the provenance of the prototype and the era of the model. Apparently a grand total of just 18 Class 93 Eloks were built by the DRG prior to the war,replaced by the more powerful class E94 which, in most exterior respects, was identical to its sister. Just more horsepower! The Marklin model appears to me to be an Era III model done in a fantasy paint scheme. Black and red works - so where's the touch of gold?

For those interested, here's link to a video I posted on Youtube several years back. I have a weakness for Marklin Swiss, as should be obvious.

Cheers,

= Gotthardbahn =
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Gotthardbahn
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2017 20:43:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I got it last month and it is smooth running and very stunning model.

Supply with Tinbox to mark 200th Birthday of Marklin founder.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline AmalfiCoast  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2017 16:22:58(UTC)
AmalfiCoast

United States   
Hi Gotthardbahn,

I imagine you have received your Toy Fair E93 by now. My 37871 along with the 46356 dump car set to go with it just shipped from Germany today! I'm very excited to receive these two beautiful pieces. How is yours running so far?

David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by AmalfiCoast