Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MKOpSeattle  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2017 07:30:36(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
I just received two 48055 from Modellbahn Union and noticed that they are slightly different.

The top strips are different and one is wider.

One of the ends has two square shapes

I did a search on google image of 48055 and saw that there are indeed variations.

I also bought a 48025 and did similar search on google. The "not allow" sign are in different panels. They can be on the forth or the sixth panels from the left. Also, when the "not allow" sign is on the sixth panel, there is a grey strip running down the middle of the car.

I've never bought two same items so I didn't notice this. Is this an acceptable variation within the same model number? This would be a problem for me since I want to buy two more 48025 and Modellbahn Union only had one, and I don't know which one I'll get.
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2017 20:50:44(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 48025 came as a single model, in a set of 3 (48026) and also was included in at least one start set.
It is possible that some models may have been mixed up or there may have been some modifications between productions.
The 48055 was first released a few years ago and they did a reproduction of the model in 2016. I presume that you got one of the original models and one of the new reissues.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2017 22:46:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

The 48055 was first released a few years ago and they did a reproduction of the model in 2016. I presume that you got one of the original models and one of the new reissues.

Mike is correct, the 48055 was reissued in 2016 with a different road number from the original one. I wasn't aware of any other differences between them, and I don't recall the model description saying there were apart from the road number.

Offline MKOpSeattle  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2017 23:03:46(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
Thank you Mike and kiwiAlan.

It looks like I got an old and new 48055.

I checked the image of 48026 and the 48025 I received looks like one of them in the set. I think the seller just broke up the set and sell them individually.

Unfortunately, 48026 is sold out. I want three identical 48025 so maybe I should get them from one seller and sell the one I just got.

As for the 48055, I can buy one and see which one I have matches the new one and sell the other.