Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2017 21:28:06(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
If I were to have a very simple set up of hobby signal 74391 linked to 60841 decoder and a contact track after the signal - the idea being we switch the signal from red to green from the M84 then on passing over the contact track it is wired back to the M84 to turn it back to red.

If I were to control the decoder from a 6021/6040 I believe the contract track switching would have no effect on the switchboard it would still show green - is that correct?

However I am hoping that if the M84 was controlled by the keyboard of a MS2 (60657) the contract track WILL change the status of the display from green to red - anyone know if that is correct?
Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2017 04:20:12(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
I dont understand what you mean by:

Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
... on passing over the contact track it is wired back to the M84 to turn it back to red.

What do you mean by 'wired back' ? As far as I know from the k84 decoders, 84 type decoders take a digital command as their input not an impulse from a contact track.

To do anything from a contact track, digitally, you need to use an s88 to take that information back to the central controller where logic is used to do whatever you want to happen (E.g. send a command to the M84 to turn the signal red again)

Once a digital command is sent to the M84 to set the signal red, I would expect that status to be shown.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2017 06:19:41(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
While configuration data may be read from the m84 (60841), there is currently no provision to read the state of the relay outputs in an operational sense by any controller if it is changed manually or in a manner (as per configuration) that the controller does not understand.

The 8 trigger inputs of the m84 might be used with a contact track, however they are designed for more of a pulse input . As such I would recommend a circuit track (e.g. 24994) or reed switch and magnet option.
Note: if you must use the contact track, use input 1.
Peter
Offline Rwill  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2017 09:05:00(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I ordered up some items to conduct a trial of these products so I now have a M84 and three hobby signals. On a test track on the workbench I quickly mastered everything so I thought I would incorporate things to my layout. The wires supplied are very robust, thick enough to use on household wiring rather than a pin head LED! Yet they come soldered in at the signal end and connect to a unique connector two metres away at the other end. The connector is an L shaped affair and the only way to get it through the base board is to drill a 12mm hole! Then to connect to the M84, the connector plugs into the special sockets which make the connector lower than the base of the decoder body with the stiff connecting wire increasing the problem so the M84 won’t sit flush on a surface. Unfortunately, photos are not my thing so I can only try and describe what I am trying to say. Does anyone have experience with these items to describe solutions to fairly simple issues?