Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Malcolm Smith  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2017 02:26:31(UTC)
Malcolm Smith

New Zealand   
New Year Greetings to all.

Has anyone had experience with Sound Projects for Marklin mSD/3 Sound Decoder/Programming who can assist with English Text/Screenshots?
Currently on You Tube is a Video Tutorial on this subject but in German Text/Screenshots - has anyone been able to translate this for use?

It seems to me the updating of Sound Files from a USB Stick plugged in to the back of CS2, for the previous series mSD Sound Decoders,is not possible now with mSD/3 Sound Decoders. A 60971 Marklin Decoder Programmer is now required.

Can anyone help with instructions for updating mSD/3 Decoder Factory Diesel Sound Files with Marklin Diesel F7 Sounds/Functions, please?

Any assistance would be much appreciated - Thank you.

Malcolm Smith.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2017 08:11:15(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Malcolm Smith Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me the updating of Sound Files from a USB Stick plugged in to the back of CS2, for the previous series mSD Sound Decoders,is not possible now with mSD/3 Sound Decoders. A 60971 Marklin Decoder Programmer is now required.
AFAIK you can still update them using sound projects on a USB stick. This can take 40 minutes for an MSD and possibly longer for an MSD/3 with more memory. With a 60971 you can save time.

I bought one MSD/3, but didn't install it yet, so no personal experience yet.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Malcolm Smith  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2017 21:52:59(UTC)
Malcolm Smith

New Zealand   
Thanks HO for your reply,

I have tried updating an mSD/3 Sound Decoder using a Sound File on a USB Stick with CS2 S/W Version 4.1.2. (3) but received a Warning:

The check sum of the update file for user 1 is incorrect - Update will be cancelled!

Looks like a 60971 Marklin Decoder Programmer is required for these new series decoders - USB Stick is out now.

My experience with a 60976 mSD/3 Sound Decoder install with Automatic Calibration, after selecting Motor Type, was I could not keep the Locomotive on my large test track because it continuously derailed when it reached top speed - so the Calibration Test proved useless in my case. Having to adjust Motor CVs manually with CS2.

Good luck with your installation.

Malcolm Smith.

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 12 January 2017 22:31:00(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Malcolm Smith Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a 60971 Marklin Decoder Programmer is required for these new series decoders - USB Stick is out now.
I read today on maerklin.de that it can be done via USB. That's the theory.

I didn't test in practise yet.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Malcolm Smith  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2017 01:46:14(UTC)
Malcolm Smith

New Zealand   
I'm wondering if a recent update to my CS2 to S/W 4.1.2 (3) would have made changes to Decoder Sound Update procedures?