Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2016 05:31:26(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Here is my translation of the CS3/3plus German manual into English.
It still contains mostly German screenshots, but the text has been translated to the best of my ability.

Feedback on errata and improvements is welcomed.

Central Station 3plus en - Rev. 2016-11-04.pdf (10,635kb) downloaded 2,180 time(s).

Edited by moderator 20 November 2016 10:56:20(UTC)  | Reason: Updated to complete translation.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 24 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 29 October 2016 07:18:16(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
That's a very good effort Minok, quite professionally done!

The only error I saw in a quick read was on page 6 - "All you need is a USB stick with the backup of our CS2 data" should read "All you need is a USB stick with the backup of your CS2 data".
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2016 07:45:42(UTC)
Goofy

I did read some first pages of the english.
It seems nice CS3.
But i also prefer to wait until next year after Nurnberg messe 2017.
This to get more information about CS3.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2016 18:33:47(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
That's a very good effort Minok, quite professionally done!

The only error I saw in a quick read was on page 6 - "All you need is a USB stick with the backup of our CS2 data" should read "All you need is a USB stick with the backup of your CS2 data".

Doh! And that was an easy one. The stuff I'd expect to screw up is the rail / modeling specific terminology. Yep, I'll fix that.

Seeing no one chimed in and there were some thumbs up (and no on at Stummi's indicated they were already on it), I'll follow this through.
Should take a few more weeks (I need to carve out a few hours at a whack to work this and Friday afternoons seems to be the time that works).. but I'll get there.

Keep the reviews coming, especially now that I'll be hitting the detailed operational sections.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2016 20:08:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Not sure if you are wanting to take on the task of an ongoing errata ...

Pg 7 ..
Märklin device connectoin (7-pin) for Booster (60175/60174), Adapter 6021 (60128) and Link S88 (60833)
should read
Märklin device connectoin (7-pin) for Booster (60175/60174), Adapter 6021 (60128) and Link S88 (60883)

Your cut and paste is working too well Peter. 'connectoin' should read 'connection' in both instances! /BDNZ

or adding missing/helpful data ..
Pg 7..
as above statement add
... Mobile Station 60651/2/3/7 using 60124 adapter

also
Märklin CAN-bus input (6-pin; only with 60216 CS3plus)
elaboration
Märklin CAN-bus input (6-pin; only with 60216 CS3plus) : used with Master/Slave cable 60123

and
Märklin CAN-Bus Out (9-pin)
elaboration
Märklin CAN-Bus Out (9-pin) : used for bus expansion with Terminal 60125 or Master/Slave cable 60123 and/or Extension cable 60126

Re:
Central Station 3 plus (60216): This version enables the deployment of more Central Stations in parallel.
is "parallel the correct term? while the operation may be concurrently, the deployment is actually in serial

Re: Safety notice
Märklin 100 Watt (60101) oder LGB 100 Watt (51095).
Re: Technical Notifications
... Märklin Systems, Märklin MM oder DCC protocols.

Suggested ...
Additionally one can only connect feedback modules over the Link S88 (60883).
becomes
Additionally , feedback modules S88 60880/1/2/ require the use of a Link S88 (60883).

pg. 4
Slot for chip-cards with Loco data
should add/use the product name "Locomotive Card"

The CS3 plus has an S88 direct connection port on the bottom of the unit.
should note limitation
The CS3 plus has an S88 (60881/60882) direct connection port on the bottom of the unit.

Output Mobile Station
not sure what "Output" is conveying

pg. 5
It is needed for the reading, programming and editing of vehicles using DCC or Motorolla (MM2) protocols.
suggested ..
It is needed for the reading (DCC only) , programming and editing of vehicles and modern accessory decoders using DCC or Motorolla (MM2) protocols.

Edited by moderator 01 November 2016 02:09:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Minok  
#6 Posted : 31 October 2016 23:40:02(UTC)
Minok

United States   
At this point, yes, I'd like to get errata feedback.

Importantly, anyone who DOES have a CS3/plus, as I do not, I need input on what the CS3 screen option/field/tab text actually says with the CS3 set to "English" language, as I"m guessing as to what Märklin programmed into it.

For example: pg 13, function setup, the 3rd option of "Switch function", "Impulse Function", and "Ablauffunktion", beyond verifying (or correcting) that it says Switch and Impulse, I need to know what the 3rd option is. It can be "Macro", it can be "Sequence", etc.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 31 October 2016 23:57:09(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if you are wanting to take on the task of an ongoing errata ...

or adding missing/helpful data ..
Pg 7..
as above statement add
... Mobile Station 60651/2/3/7 using 60124 adapter

also
Märklin CAN-bus input (6-pin; only with 60216 CS3plus)
elaboration
Märklin CAN-bus input (6-pin; only with 60216 CS3plus) : used with Master/Slave cable 60123

and
Märklin CAN-Bus Out (9-pin)
elaboration
Märklin CAN-Bus Out (9-pin) : used for bus expansion with Terminal 60125 or Master/Slave cable 60123 and/or Extension cable 60126

It would be usefull, but adding more text than there was is a lot more problematic due to the layout restrictions. Most times the english translation of the german text uses about the same space.. if the text gets longer then it gets problematic. I'll try and abbreviate. For now I want to stick to just what Märklin said in their manual. If Acrobat Pro DC allowed insertion of a tool-tip/pop-up text on mouse over, I'd maybe add it there, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#8 Posted : 01 November 2016 00:04:20(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Pg 7..

Re:
Central Station 3 plus (60216): This version enables the deployment of more Central Stations in parallel.
is "parallel the correct term? while the operation may be concurrently, the deployment is actually in serial

Yeah, thats a bit tricky. The manual talks about the usage, not the information-technological or electrical/signaling connectivity.
So you can use several of them in parallel (ie at the same time, simultaneously, in conjunction, cooperatively, together, etc)

I've changed it to "together".

---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 01 November 2016 00:21:51(UTC)
Minok

United States   

pg. 4
Slot for chip-cards with Loco data
should add/use the product name "Locomotive Card"

The CS3 plus has an S88 direct connection port on the bottom of the unit.
should note limitation
The CS3 plus has an S88 (60881/60882) direct connection port on the bottom of the unit.

Output Mobile Station
not sure what "Output" is conveying

Added Locomotive Card, as there was room.

For the S88, I was thinking to say its an S88N direction connection port, but thought I'd just stick with what Märklin wrote, translated.
But as there is room adding ".. to connect an S88 decoder such as (60881/60883)" may make sense. The concern I have is (though unlikely) by putting in the product codes of other hardware, it ties the manual too much to the hardware of today. I know the community loves to talk in terms of part numbers, but I'd rather use "S88 AC(60881)/ S88 DC(60883)" I guess.

So does S88N confuse the issue more? Is detail about what modules it is intended for (in Oct 2016) necessary?

"output" - thats what Märklin calls it; I could change it to "Mobile Station output". Thoughts ? I don't want to get into the task of parsing their editorial decisions and rethinking them as I work through it, or I'll never get done, but its good to discuss them here and maybe do make some of the changes.

And more importantly, as the PDF sequence is page 1-2-4-3-5... should I fix the page numbering by making the third page be page "3" and the fourth page be page "4"?
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#10 Posted : 01 November 2016 00:31:56(UTC)
Minok

United States   

pg. 5
It is needed for the reading, programming and editing of vehicles using DCC or Motorolla (MM2) protocols.
suggested ..
It is needed for the reading (DCC only) , programming and editing of vehicles and modern accessory decoders using DCC or Motorolla (MM2) protocols.

Do you mean page 3 (PDF document page 4 of 38) under the "Connection to Programming Track" ?

The translation is what Märklin wrote, and talks to the programming of vehicles on the programming track. Does one use the programming track to program accessories as well (DCC and MM2)?

I ask because the first sentence talks about how (in addition to no electrical contact to the layout), you may not connect any additional accessories (consumers) such as lights, switch decoders, etc).
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline clapcott  
#11 Posted : 01 November 2016 00:34:38(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
For example: pg 13, function setup, the 3rd option of "Switch function", "Impulse Function", and "Ablauffunktion", beyond verifying (or correcting) that it says Switch and Impulse, I need to know what the 3rd option is. It can be "Macro", it can be "Sequence", etc.

I am unable to assist with a CS3 image, but here is the current equivalent for a CS2
UserPostedImage

I like "Sequence" however in context of the actual CS , it refers to "Memory" function

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#12 Posted : 01 November 2016 00:43:38(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

pg. 5
suggested ..

Do you mean page 3 (PDF document page 4 of 38) under the "Connection to Programming Track" ?

Yes

Quote:
The translation is what Märklin wrote, and talks to the programming of vehicles on the programming track. Does one use the programming track to program accessories as well (DCC and MM2)?

Yes

Quote:

I ask because the first sentence talks about how (in addition to no electrical contact to the layout), you may not connect any additional accessories (consumers) such as lights, switch decoders, etc).

An errata candidate. (at least in grammar / context)

Lights = no, understandably

Switch Decoders need to be programmed, but while writing may be done "on the main" it is normally practical to configure before you screw the item in place.
And if you do wish to read the configuration data then the programming track is the only option (for those devices that are not mFX capable)

Peter
Offline clapcott  
#13 Posted : 01 November 2016 01:01:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
but I'd rather use "S88 AC(60881)/ S88 DC(60883)" I guess.

I am quite happy with that - the need was to ensure that any implication that a 6088 or 60880 (as provided by Marklin) could be used was quashed.

Quote:
So does S88N confuse the issue more?

Yes, it confuses, as it is not a term found in the Marklin product descriptions -
If it is used then it , and quite a few other examples, should mean the addition of a Glossary

Quote:
"output" - thats what Märklin calls it; I could change it to "Mobile Station output".

Its not an output - it is a "port" or just "socket/connector"
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#14 Posted : 01 November 2016 01:06:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
P.S. I note your name in the pdf properties, but I think it should be noted in the body text somewhere - "translated by Minok".
preferably with a version/date and maybe a URL link to the source

I would go as far as to suggest a pg.0 cover sheet to offer an overview of what this is all about.
Included might be a bit of a glossary of terms / bibliography - hyperlinked from the body text where appropriate e.g. your S88N.
Peter
Offline Minok  
#15 Posted : 01 November 2016 01:27:07(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Quote:
"output" - thats what Märklin calls it; I could change it to "Mobile Station output".

Its not an output - it is a "port" or just "socket/connector"

Yup, but connector would be "Anschluß" and Märklin chose to use "Ausgang", which is exit and implies directionality.
I'll go with "Output / Connection"
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#16 Posted : 01 November 2016 01:45:15(UTC)
Minok

United States   
P.S. I note your name in the pdf properties, but I think it should be noted in the body text somewhere - "translated by Minok".
preferably with a version/date and maybe a URL link to the source

I would go as far as to suggest a pg.0 cover sheet to offer an overview of what this is all about.
Included might be a bit of a glossary of terms / bibliography - hyperlinked from the body text where appropriate e.g. your S88N.

Versioning done on the cover page. I'll try and keep my attachment in the first post up to date and delete the old ones from the website's data (as it is a 10MB file).

Adding additional pages is beyond the current effort, there's only so much one can do to a PDF in Acrobat Pro, as PDF is designed to be an 'end format' rather than an easily edited format. Maybe in the future...
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline clapcott  
#17 Posted : 01 November 2016 07:08:41(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Adding additional pages is beyond the current effort, there's only so much one can do to a PDF in Acrobat Pro, as PDF is designed to be an 'end format' rather than an easily edited format. Maybe in the future...

Acknowledged.

However, let us be clear on the objectives and likely outcome.

Marklin would realistically be expected to eventually produce a manual in languages other than German.

If they see your work here they may ...
1- rush out a EN release because they are embarrassed
2- consider there is less urgency for them to do it immediately themselves
3- combine resources

Personally I am not confident that option 1 would be much better than the raw google/literal translation
It certainly will be deficient in some of the aspects expected in a user manual.
Further, if they have yet to finish the English translations within the unit , English screenshots will not be available anyway.

Option 2 gives us, the User community, the opportunity to convey not just the translation of language and grammar but to indicate the type of information we see as being needed

I have no idea if option 3 is possible. Royalties to yourself and Juhan(webmaster) would be a start.

So either we(you) do a literal translation with the knowledge that it will be shortly replaced/superseded...
or
significant added value is provided so that its contribution cannot be ignored - either by English speaking users or Marklin.

Peter
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#18 Posted : 01 November 2016 07:14:35(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Ref pg 9.

In the picture to the left one sees Light, Sound of Coupling/ Decoupling, Whistle, and Fan sound activated.
Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#19 Posted : 01 November 2016 08:01:23(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
My post was in wrong topic SORRY
Jukka

Edited by user 01 November 2016 11:22:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Minok  
#20 Posted : 01 November 2016 19:07:11(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Acknowledged.

However, let us be clear on the objectives and likely outcome.

Marklin would realistically be expected to eventually produce a manual in languages other than German.

If they see your work here they may ...
1- rush out a EN release because they are embarrassed
2- consider there is less urgency for them to do it immediately themselves
3- combine resources

Personally I am not confident that option 1 would be much better than the raw google/literal translation
It certainly will be deficient in some of the aspects expected in a user manual.
Further, if they have yet to finish the English translations within the unit , English screenshots will not be available anyway.

Option 2 gives us, the User community, the opportunity to convey not just the translation of language and grammar but to indicate the type of information we see as being needed

I have no idea if option 3 is possible. Royalties to yourself and Juhan(webmaster) would be a start.

So either we(you) do a literal translation with the knowledge that it will be shortly replaced/superseded...
or
significant added value is provided so that its contribution cannot be ignored - either by English speaking users or Marklin.

I do see the benefit of option 2 (or 3 but thats beyond our control) - so I guess I'm coming around to doing some editorial changes as the work gets done. So keep the suggestions coming, within the constraints (for the moment) that the amount of text one can add may be very limited per paragraph.

---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Minok  
#21 Posted : 01 November 2016 20:07:15(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Need some clarification help on a term. The CS3 manual makes use of the term "platte" which can refer to the base board, a layer, foundation or other terms in English.

I'm going with 'board' for the time being, but need clarity on what the right term is in the context of Märklin model railroading. I'm not finding it in the CS2 English manual, or the usage of the term "Platte" in this context in the CS2 German manual.

---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline clapcott  
#22 Posted : 02 November 2016 05:54:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
UserPostedImage

"Track Board Page" for consistency with CS2 - maybe abbreviated to "Track Board"

Personally I would offer "Layout Segment" or "Layout Section" or "Layout Page"
Peter
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 02 November 2016 07:43:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Obviously (to me that is!) the layout diagram for our H0 modular layout configuration, but 'Anaversary'?? Really?

Should be 'Anniversary'!
Offline MSanches  
#24 Posted : 03 November 2016 08:58:14(UTC)
MSanches

Portugal   

Importantly, anyone who DOES have a CS3/plus, as I do not, I need input on what the CS3 screen option/field/tab text actually says with the CS3 set to "English" language, as I"m guessing as to what Märklin programmed into it.

Hi Minok,

I am sure so many Marklin modelers are looking at you because of yr excelente job by translating manuall into English.
I have just purchased the CS3/plus.
If I can help i will come to the forum with details about yr question.

Regards
Miguel
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MSanches
Offline Minok  
#25 Posted : 03 November 2016 19:12:27(UTC)
Minok

United States   
UserPostedImage

"Track Board Page" for consistency with CS2 - maybe abbreviated to "Track Board"

Personally I would offer "Layout Segment" or "Layout Section" or "Layout Page"

Thanks. "Track Board" it is.

FYI, I've dropped 'solenoid' from the usage, since it doesn't make sense in the world of some accessories having no solenoids (light driven signals).
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline MSanches  
#26 Posted : 04 November 2016 00:38:32(UTC)
MSanches

Portugal   

Hi Minok

As I told you, I have now a CS3 plus.
I just add the first loco.
Using English language, on the SET UP menu the 3rd option is "Run Time Function".
Hope this can help yr work

Regards
Miguel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MSanches
Offline Minok  
#27 Posted : 04 November 2016 01:15:40(UTC)
Minok

United States   
So I need some help again. ON the CS3, in the track layout menu, when adding track guide accessories... (Manual page 22)

First, in the "add" list below signals, lights, turntables, other items, S88 contacts, there is an entry. What is it?

I've tentatively translated it as "track course". But need to know what it is on the menu.

Then once you select that option, you get a list of these accessories which includes the "buffer stop", "tunnel", <something>, bridge, <something else>.

The <something> is the most problematic, because "Brückenwiderstand" translates into bridge resistor, which is an electrical engineering term and not at all the civil engineering/ bridge building component that is meant. For the English I've guessed at "support".. can you tell me what this is?

Capture.PNG

Finally, the <something else>. I guessed at "track course" butt need to know what that is. (last item in the list)

Capture.PNG
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Goofy  
#28 Posted : 04 November 2016 07:00:49(UTC)
Goofy

Those symbols are maybe bugs or fault in the program.
I think Märklin will soon fix it.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline siroljuk  
#29 Posted : 04 November 2016 16:46:33(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello, sorry for delay

Here is picture from my CS3+ in English

Regards

Jukka
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Minok  
#30 Posted : 05 November 2016 02:39:54(UTC)
Minok

United States   
OK, translation done. Now for any remaining errata or fixing of the technical specifics.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline MSanches  
#31 Posted : 05 November 2016 09:40:10(UTC)
MSanches

Portugal   
OK, translation done. Now for any remaining errata or fixing of the technical specifics.

Hi Minok

Great job.
This will be very helpful.
Congratulations.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MSanches
Offline steventrain  
#32 Posted : 05 November 2016 14:27:47(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I am very happy reading the manual.

Very Well done Minok.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline siroljuk  
#33 Posted : 05 November 2016 16:19:17(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi Minok. Exellent workThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Thank you

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline French_Fabrice  
#34 Posted : 05 November 2016 18:40:32(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Congratulations, Minok ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp.
Very, very good job.

Cheers
Fabrice
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by French_Fabrice
Offline Danlake  
#35 Posted : 06 November 2016 03:09:28(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Thank you for doing this Minok,

Excellent job and great Marklin User Forum initiativeThumpUp

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline grnwtrs  
#36 Posted : 06 November 2016 18:01:11(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for doing this Minok,

Excellent job and great Marklin User Forum initiativeThumpUp

Brgds Lasse

Yes, that is a super job. Even those of us that do not have, probably won't have a CS 3,
for some period to time, its nice to know that a English manual is available.

My profound thanks also,

Regards,
gene
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline steventrain  
#37 Posted : 18 November 2016 21:42:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin said document is actual only available in German language. But the assistant in the CS 3 is able to communicate in English.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#38 Posted : 18 November 2016 21:44:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi Webmaster & Co.

Can you made sticky this topic?

/* Good idea! It will remain a sticky until Marklin produces their Official English edition of the manual */

Edited by moderator 20 November 2016 10:57:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline poppa-7  
#39 Posted : 23 November 2016 08:04:03(UTC)
poppa-7

It still contains mostly German screenshots, but the text has been translated to the best of my ability.

Central Station 3plus en - Rev. 2016-11-04.pdf (10,635kb) downloaded 2,180 time(s).

Hi Minok
What a fantastic job you did on the translation of the CS3 Manual.
Just thought Id mention that I had trouble with the editing and deleting Locos as I did not quite understand the process as I was trying to us the wrong spanner, and the German screen shots did not help me either. A Youtude video solved the problem for me and made the translation far clearer.
This may help other (like me) confused English speaking modellers of trying to get their head around this new technology.
Regards
Russell

Edited by user 25 November 2016 01:58:17(UTC)  | Reason: Thought Id update the post after I solved my confusion

Offline steventrain  
#40 Posted : 06 December 2016 21:44:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Is the SD card included with 60216/60226 pack? What GB size?
Offline PerR  
#41 Posted : 11 December 2016 21:10:23(UTC)
PerR

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

There was no SD card included in my CS3+ (60216)

Best regards
Per
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PerR
Offline TEEWolf  
#42 Posted : 13 December 2016 03:30:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Had already my X-mas last Friday, 9th of December: my CS 3+ were delivered! Believe it or not: 11 months waiting time came to an end! Even the complete content of the parcel could not disturb my pleasure. Because beside the CS 3+ was not really very much more in the package.

content:

CS 3+ - 2 connector cabels (only 1 m long! each) - booklet "assembly instructions and notes for using the central station" with 6 sheets of paper. Finish.

The topics inside these "assembly instructions and notes for using the central station"
safety notes
technical notes
limitations of the 20226 Central Station
placing the device in operation
note
Connections
note
tip

That's it, but all these in 8 different languages on 12 pages!!! - wow.BigGrin Laugh

So no joke: no instruction manual inside! But a note says:

“Visit www.maerklin.de to find a Central Station 3/3 plus (60226/60216) detailed instruction manual available as a PDF download.”

Then the tip follows:

“Tip! Enter the item number in the Search field to quickly reach the product page. The manual is found under Most Important Facts.”

Sorry folks – I cannot stop laughing! Download Minoks superb translation of the CS manual. You will not get anything better, because you get nothing from Maerklin, except it is in German. So we only have Minoks translation of the German manual. Thanks Minok and bill Maerklin for your work!

No SD card is coming with the CS, but you may get it in computer, electronic, photo shops. The internal memory is 4 GB and the CS supports a SD card up to a max. of 32 GB. (see p 35 on Minok's manual translation (Mmt)).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline LeoArietis  
#43 Posted : 14 January 2017 20:01:18(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Thank you very much for your effort Minok! Very helpful! :)

BigGrin
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline eberhardt  
#44 Posted : 17 May 2020 10:56:41(UTC)
eberhardt

United Kingdom   

Thanks Minok, I've just printed off the whole (English language) manual and made it into a booklet. I was struggling with trying to use my CS3+, having to scroll through pages on my laptop and juggling with the controller. Now I just place the relevant page next to CS3 & follow the instructions. Much easier, thanks again. John. Cool
Offline bph  
#45 Posted : 17 May 2020 11:57:15(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Märklin has just recently released a new updated English manual:
http://streaming.maerklin.de/public-media/anleitungen/CS3_Manual_EN_final-lo.pdf
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bph