Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline craigericks  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2016 03:00:12(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hello,
Recently had the above decoder installed in a lok. When i placed the lok on the track the CS2 went through the motions of recognizing the new lok; however I cannot find the new lok in the list of trains. Any ideas on how to find the train?
Thank you
Marklin:CS2 and TrainController Gold v10
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 October 2016 08:11:52(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Usage tip: Add the locos to the layout one by one, wait for the "mfx" symbol on the control screen, touch the mfx symbol and you found the new loco. Change name and loco symbol as needed.

Now that your loco has registered, but cannot be found: Go to the loco selection screen in the CS2 and activate "all" - the default is "recent" and a loco that never ran will not show up in the "recent" list even if it was the last loco that registered.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline craigericks  
#3 Posted : 01 October 2016 14:29:17(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Tom,
Thank you for your help. I had tried those procedures, but had no luck. Finally found it. Lok is a "Lollo BR 216, but the icon showed up as a dampflok with name DB BR 216 006-7. I didn't consider looking at the dampflok icons.
The way I found it was using Train Controller. I tried calling up the unused two digit mfx addresses on TC, because I know that the CS2 assigns a two digit address. For this lok on my layout it is 72. I'll change the icon now.
Best regards,
Craig

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2016 22:31:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: craigericks Go to Quoted Post
I didn't consider looking at the dampflok icons.
The CS2 assigns the icon based on the loco name. Sometimes you get a steamer icon for electric or diesel locos.
The CS2 supports mfx addresses up to 65535, so they do not always have two-digits. I wonder if they ever practically tested four-digit addresses.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline dickinsonj  
#5 Posted : 02 October 2016 01:57:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Now that your loco has registered, but cannot be found: Go to the loco selection screen in the CS2 and activate "all" - the default is "recent" and a loco that never ran will not show up in the "recent" list even if it was the last loco that registered.
Great Tip!

It took me several confused searches for my new locos before I figured this one out for myself! Blushing

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline craigericks  
#6 Posted : 02 October 2016 23:15:36(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigericks Go to Quoted Post
I didn't consider looking at the dampflok icons.
The CS2 assigns the icon based on the loco name. Sometimes you get a steamer icon for electric or diesel locos.
The CS2 supports mfx addresses up to 65535, so they do not always have two-digits. I wonder if they ever practically tested four-digit addresses.

Thank you. Don't think I'll ever get to having 4 digit addresses. 3 digit addresses maybe.