Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nitramretep  
#1 Posted : 05 August 2016 19:53:39(UTC)
nitramretep

United States   
I have stuck with Eras I & II as I love the Bavarian locos and rolling stock of those two eras. I also find it is a means of controlling expenditures and as I fall in love with any loco I would end-up broke if I purchase every Era, an example of this is my recent love affair with several TEE variation. Am I the only one limiting myself to one or two Eras/Epochs? What are other people doing, except Ian of Scotland who has virtually loco built!
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by nitramretep
Offline rbw993  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2016 20:01:15(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I go by date and location. Swiss circa 2006 on the Basel & Luzerne to Arth-Goldau route. Still trying to find some "Hummingbirds".

Roger
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 05 August 2016 20:11:02(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I like also Era I and II, but I can't help myself when I also like Era III and IV. It gets expensive for sure. If I could limit my Collection to only German models it would be easier and cheaper. But there are so nice models from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Austria and Switzerland...

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2016 22:14:41(UTC)
Minok

United States   
My interest is the trains I remember seeing and riding on while I lived in Germany from the early 1970's through the early 1990's. This is a wide span of eras but I am not trying to be complete, just cover the things I remember. Thats mainly the red/beige blue/beige era with the early ICE trains, and some remnant silberlinge with green locomotives, and some red diesel locomotives.

My grandparents lived in the German train-city of Bebra, in Hessen, and one of the north-south main lines ran past their house 1/2 a block away.. so I saw a LOT of trains during my summer vacations at grandmothers house. The main train station was 1/2 mile south of the house in easy walking distance and served the electric mainline as well as diesel traffic into east Germany, though I'm not modeling that.

Given the limited space, I'm sticking to what I now have. So thats electric for normal operations and a diesel for switching yards. If I ever get the urge, I'll build a kit-bash (assuming I cannot find a suitable version) of the 01 1102 that sat on a display site near the main rail station. I did ride a pure steam small-scale Brokenbahn up the Broken from Wernigerode in 1993... so for a pure side construction I might get some steam in.. but it will require building a bigger mountain.

One interesting option I have thought about is time travel, if I have this urge to spend more money. While the rail layout I plan to build includes the arrangement of real cities, they won't be modeled to scale. If I can suspend disbelief about the cars/people/phone booths/building facades/signals not being to period , I could always swap out the entire rolling stock and change from my 1972-1992 period engines and cars, and put in place 2000-2016 cars and trains, or put in place 1930-50 period cars and trains, or other such swaps. The biggest issue would be the track signals (semaphore vs lights) and the infrastructure decorations (phone booths, cars, etc).
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline utkan  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2016 22:38:28(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Interesting topicCool
Anything produced between 1960s and 2000sCool *
No foolish activity for a rare stuffBigGrin
Do my best to avoid from digital beauties, which are causing lots of troubles on tracks and in walletsRollEyes
*produced only by mother M*ThumpUp

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by utkan
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2016 22:56:45(UTC)
Webmaster

I try to focus on Era II with some "tolerance" towards Era I and early Era III items... Smile
Saves a bit of cash by not being "modern" in my wishes regarding most new contemporary releases from M...

Realized in the late 90's that I bought "anything" back then... BigGrin LOL
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 06 August 2016 00:36:06(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Gee I have an Australian Gum tree on my layout. Run anything from any time and country! If you feel guilty just call it a museum for the preservation of really cool locos and Turkish Ambulances and one Danish Tank.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline SteamNut  
#8 Posted : 06 August 2016 00:55:09(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
I limit myself to German steam and Marklin rolling stock, it sometimes still puts a drain on the wallet. I do admire the layouts that are true to their time periods but to each his/hers own as long as they enjoy the hobby.
Offline dickinsonj  
#9 Posted : 06 August 2016 02:01:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Gee I have an Australian Gum tree on my layout. Run anything from any time and country! If you feel guilty just call it a museum for the preservation of really cool locos and Turkish Ambulances and one Danish Tank.. LOL

Yep - the same for me Adrian.

There are lots of good reasons to limit your collecting by era and country, the first of which is avoiding bankruptcy! But it also makes it much more attainable to have a coherent layout that captures a particular railroad world, in just one slice of time.

Collecting in one era is a great theory but it just does not work for me. I simply love trains and not from only a couple of eras or countries!

So I have things from multiple countries and from Era I through Era VI, but I do at least have a focus on Era III. Some people want to perfectly capture that certain point in time, which is cool. I guess my layout is more like the history of railroading from around the world.

That is definitely not the most rational approach and certainly not the cheapest way to go, but it sure is fun! BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline dominator  
#10 Posted : 06 August 2016 02:34:54(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I guess financially I have had to limit what I buy. A lot of my stuff was bought when I was younger than 25 yrs old and so most I buy is pre that era. I generally only buy German locos, and mostly steam.[ I do have 2 E63"s and an E194, a V200, V60, 2 x V100's and V216 ]. I do however have a fondness for Swiss electric locos of the early eras, especially after drooling over the Crocodile for so long. I now have 2 of those bought 15-16 years ago, plus the RES800 my parents got me in 1958. I realized a few days ago it is the chunky locos that I like. I don't like the modern smooth bodied locos [ although I did buy a 3053 in about 1967 ], and don't buy the streamlined steamers. Some of those steamers I think look really evil in my mind. That's just me though. Its all HO as well. I have also stayed with M track.
Another guide I go by is the loco has to be a model of the real thing. No drawing board designs like the 2-6-8-0 Borsig BR53.
Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#11 Posted : 06 August 2016 02:45:47(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
for me I do, but only to limit space used and expenditures! It still turns out to be a ton...
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline analogmike  
#12 Posted : 06 August 2016 02:59:58(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
Era II, III, & mid IV.
I run whatever I feel like.
I mix Eras and I don't care because I'm having too much fun.
I don't have any ICE or modern loks with all the crazy graphics, Not my cup of tea.
All my stuff is from the 60's, 70's, & early 80's.
Mikey
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by analogmike
Offline Alsterstreek  
#13 Posted : 06 August 2016 03:05:25(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Following a childhood dream, I am building my universe around Santa Fe war bonnet diesels and corresponding tin plate box cars. Before that I adhered to the West German steam to diesel transition period (strictly no electrics).
Offline mike c  
#14 Posted : 06 August 2016 04:11:26(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
I go by date and location. Swiss circa 2006 on the Basel & Luzerne to Arth-Goldau route. Still trying to find some "Hummingbirds".

Roger

Not quite clear what you mean by Hummingbirds.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#15 Posted : 06 August 2016 04:19:48(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
There are several different kinds of modeller. There are the ones who collect Maerklin (or other brand or brands) and there are those who are country specific or era specific and their subcategories.
One might limit himself to any model from a particular brand or more specific factors, e.g. German models by Maerklin or Era III models by Maerklin.
In my case, I model Swiss trains, primarily 1965-today. Swiss trains include a number of European international trains travelling into or through Switzerland, so there are a lot of options. If Maerklin does not make a model and there is another company which makes a quality model of that locomotive or coach, I will consider that model.
Others might be modelling an Era (e.g. Era II) and will be willing to consider any model from that era, regardless of the brand.
At the end of the day, it is a personal decision and each modeller probably has a different interpretation from the next.
Some modellers probably have a larger collection and can choose which era or railway they wish to operate at a particular time.
All of this brings us to the next question, how do you feel about mixing eras and operating them at the same time or do you match only trains of the same era together?

Regards

Mike C
Offline sjbartels  
#16 Posted : 06 August 2016 04:47:29(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

A musuem to the preservation of really cool loco's and a gum tree! Thats awesome!!!

All you need are some power lines on it and you could talk about your layouts "serenity" mate!
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline sjbartels  
#17 Posted : 06 August 2016 04:53:12(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
I've always had an affinity for the ICE models and as such ERA 5 and 6, however, my older stuff that holds much sentimental value is what I would call a late Era 3 and Era 4. That being said, I guess I range from Era 3 to 6, which I think is doable. HOWEVER, I do stick mostly to the German railroad with some Swiss passenger, so eventually my plan is to have a reasonably modern Bavarian themed layout where a Swiss Express would not be out of place. I think you can mix some eras, and some countries, if your layout geography supports it. I mean a Bavarian layout could pull off some Swiss and German rail, but a Swedish Iron ore train would look completely out of place, era not even withstanding, whereas something more north german and industrial could easily incorporate Dutch, Danish, Swedish and German rolling stock. Just my two cents
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline applor  
#18 Posted : 06 August 2016 05:03:18(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I originally bought whatever trains I liked the look of.

Trouble comes when you go to build a layout and then mixing eras looks ridiculous if you are trying to build something professional.

As a result I ended up picking the era/country that had the most trains I liked - For me this was Germany era3a and I specifically chose 1954 as I have the VT8.5 1954 soccer world champions set
It lets me run favourites such as BR05 (without streamlining), BR45, BR38, BR59, BR03.10 f-zug and the boxy e-loks such as E04, E91, E52.
I can even run the E10 and V200, since the pre-production prototypes were built in those years.
I allow myself a few years leeway though and run loks that were retired in 1952 and from areas all over Germany that would not have ever been seen together at the same station/track.

As an example I always had a fondness for the E03 but no longer own/run one and I am OK with that.
I think if you really wanted one you could run it as an 'exhibition' piece or something and not permanently - but you still need to have a set time/location period for a layout.

As you have mentioned, a specific period also stops you going broke since you drastically limit your shopping.

At the end of the day its your trains and layout so you can do what you want but I think if you want others to be impressed you need to try and make it as realistic as possible.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline foumaro  
#19 Posted : 06 August 2016 06:07:40(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I am collecting era III USA models,era II,III,IV German models only marklin.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#20 Posted : 06 August 2016 11:44:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
Thank you for an interesting topic to read, with all the different views on model trains.

I grew up in the 50s and 60s with the steam train omnipresent in my local area.
I rode shunting engines most afternoons after school. Wow I look back and realise how lucky I was, because it would not be allowed now.
I got to shovel the fire, and pull the steam regulator, and reversing gear at times.
My mother insisted that I: 1. be careful, and 2. be home for dinner. Wow that makes it even more lucky. Great parents!

http://qldrail.net/Images/image35.gif
So I have feeling for steam, and as a result, my collection from all over the globe, contains steam engines.
But I am intrigued by electrics, which only appeared here in Queensland in the late 1970s.
First generation (1910-1940) electric engines from Marklin are easy to collect, because they have made quite a few, and are great models.
I find I am not so interested in diesels. (Steam enthusiasts here call them "disease-als").

To sum up, I have quite capably stuck to models for the period 1946-1960.
This means for example, I can buy the Marklin 37516 BR56.2-8, which is as appeared in 1938, but I pretend it is running in 1946.
Or an electric in era II colours, because it too ran in the late 1940s.

Kimball

Edited by user 06 August 2016 23:45:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline pab  
#21 Posted : 06 August 2016 12:47:41(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
When I was younger I bought the locomotives and other rolling stock I like.
No electric locomotives because I didn't have and want the overhead wiring.

Later on I decided to buy only steam locomotives and again later on I decided to concentrate on era III.
I sold my analogue era IV locomotives.
But I have a weak spot for some interesting locomotives from earlier era's and I bought the Bavarian S 2/6, the 18.1 (Württemberger C), the Württember K and 18.2 ( IVh from Baden) and a BR 96.
My lay-out is era III with some special trains form the past like the Orient express and the Rheingold.

I also collect beercars (have 125 now), but concentrate on the ones with a brakeman's cabin (self protection)

Ik like some of the modern trains with very nice graphices, but I stick to the plan to save my wallet.BigGrin

I think I doesn't matter what you collect and use. As long as you have fun and like it.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by pab
Offline RayF  
#22 Posted : 06 August 2016 14:55:51(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
As I posted in the "Any regrets" thread, I wish I had limited myself to one era or country. However the reality is that I have trains from all eras and many European countries.

I limit myself to running together only stock which matches by era and geographical area, so for example If I'm running era I trains then all the trains on the layout will be Era I, or if I'm running Swiss trains then all the trains on the layout will be Swiss. Sometimes I don't have enough of a particular Era and/or country and I might be forced to have "interlopers".

I try to have the road vehicles matching the stock too in terms of period.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline NS1200  
#23 Posted : 06 August 2016 15:06:01(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
I buy everything,as long as i can afford it,in the knowledge that all Marklin stuff will keep its value over the years.
My preference is stuff from the sixties,seventies and eighties because that is affordable for me.
Having said that,i need to have the 390205 01.5 steamer at some time.
Any logic in this?
None whatsoever!
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline mrmarklin  
#24 Posted : 06 August 2016 15:30:47(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
I have tried very hard to limit myself to Germany Era 2 in order to control my addiction.

It has had only limited success. I like the Insider models because they usually are on the cutting edge of technology and are unique castings. Alas, they're mostly Era 3. And of course now we have two per year.Huh

Then, I've allowed myself to buy models of non German prototypes regardless of era, because......well just because.Crying

To save money, I certainly recommend a very narrow focus. Unfortunately, I've not been able to do this.Blink
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline nitramretep  
#25 Posted : 06 August 2016 18:44:48(UTC)
nitramretep

United States   
It sounds like many others are limiting their Epochs/Eras to specific periods. I find it helpful and enjoy reading about the period of history, Germany in my case. I have even tried with some success in finding old maps of the areas I enjoy the most, Bavaria etc. My biggest problem is that I really like the Swiss locomotives and the rolling stock. Since the two countries share a border I have justified purchasing two crocodiles, 39566 and 37566, both of which are stunning in detail and performance. I also have about 4 swiss Epoch II passenger cars. So in a sense "I fell of the wagon". But the balance of my locomotive power is German, K Bay Sts..37181, 39550, 37939, 37015 and 37287 (the power cars ETTB 1004). Thanks for all the comments.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by nitramretep
Offline dennisb  
#26 Posted : 07 August 2016 01:28:09(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Interesting topic! I have the same discussion with myself every week. When I started a few years ago I did so because I wanted to run modern German traffic. Lovely ICE's, the great red locos (both diesels and electric) and so on. I'm not a nostalgic person so there is no special time in my youth or so that want to recreate. (I totally respect those that do but it's just not my thing).

Then I bought a few modern Swedish models that run a few meters from my home. With that I could recreate traffic that goes from south of Sweden to Germany, no problem so far. The thing I said about not being nostalgic, there is one loco from my youth that I adore, it's the Swedish RA (also known as Rapid and god knows why Märklin haven't made that one) so when I had the chance to get a good copy of a very limited series of a custom built one I had to get it.

A year ago or so I won a wonderful Roco Br 01 with sound on eBay for no money at all. What a loco! Since then it I have got myself 7-8 more steam locos and quite a few wagons as well from era III. Lovely stuff to run. But I also love my other models and now I'm stuck. What should I run? Mix them, not so fun.

I have two alternative solutions in mind. The background is that I hate getting the trains out of their boxes and putting them on the track. First of all it takes time and second TC don't know anything about them then. I also have some wagons with internal lights and the couplers on some I don't like. So I want to be able to basically turn on the power and start driving some trains. So the first option is to have one hidden staging area per Era. The other solution us to to store the entire trains in train safety boxes with rail so that I can connect them to the layout and drive the trains directly onto the layout. Both have pros and cons. Or maybe I should only focus on one Era...

D.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dennisb
Offline dickinsonj  
#27 Posted : 07 August 2016 01:57:09(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: dennisb Go to Quoted Post
I have two alternative solutions in mind. The background is that I hate getting the trains out of their boxes and putting them on the track. First of all it takes time and second TC don't know anything about them then. I also have some wagons with internal lights and the couplers on some I don't like. So I want to be able to basically turn on the power and start driving some trains. So the first option is to have one hidden staging area per Era. The other solution us to to store the entire trains in train safety boxes with rail so that I can connect them to the layout and drive the trains directly onto the layout. Both have pros and cons. Or maybe I should only focus on one Era...

D.

See - that is how it starts. No one, not even me, plans to get a weird mixture of trains from all over the world, but for some of us it just happens. Then once that is the situation, there is nothing to do but buy more trains and have fun! Cool

I like your idea about hidden staging yards by Era. That is a cool solution that lets you populate your layout from just one era and then get some trains running quickly. No matter what else I am doing with model railroading that is always my first priority. I also want some yards to be visible so that you can see all of the beautiful trains waiting in the yard.

Maybe I can use that concept to fix my own problem, which is even worse than yours. I have all Eras and trains from multiple European countries, with a couple of North American models thrown in. I have always bought what I thought were special locos and trains and not worried about the country/Era of origin. That is definitely not the most coherant collecting plan but I sure have some sweet trains! BigGrin

I think weekly about how to fix that! I don't yet have a permanent layout and I just run what I want for the pure enjoyment of it, even if it makes no "sense" to do it. But with a permanent layout you need to landscape to some Eras and locales and then you most likely should run things that match.

No worries though - figuring stuff like that out is a big part of the fun for me and I suspect that I will need a huge layout to make it all work! BigGrin

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline SNAFU  
#28 Posted : 07 August 2016 02:11:55(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
I myself have mainly Era2, some Era1 and a smattering of Er3 from start sets. I like Era1&2 because I see this as the golden age of railways(steam mainly) and there's lots to chose from.
Also for me on a limited budget I find by concentrating on a specific Era keeps my collection focused and when oneday it comes to building a layout everything will fit timeline wise.
It doesn't mean I don't look at other models from other Era's though.
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SNAFU
Offline GlennM  
#29 Posted : 07 August 2016 10:44:41(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: nitramretep Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like many others are limiting their Epochs/Eras to specific periods.

Not here I am afraid BigGrin

For me this is one of my hobbies, a place I go to get away from the stress of work, I buy the locos and rolling stock that I like and that I would like to play with on my layout. That can be any Era or any make, if I like a Roco product or Brawa product then I will buy it, but I prefer to buy Marklin wherever possible. Having said that my collection is reflective of mainland Europe centered around Germany, though I have some models that would never have been see in Germany.

I will upset the purists now by saying I like variety and will enjoy running whatever takes my fancy and so you might see a blue Swiss croc, alongside an Era I Tristan pulling a series of beer cars.

If like me this is your hobby then enjoy it how you want to, maybe that is modelling a specific country or Era, or learning about the history behind what you collect, and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you enjoy doing it.

Today (Sunday) I plan to spend all day in the train room enjoying a wide variety of fine locos, and I hope you all do too. ThumpUp ThumpUp
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Carim  
#30 Posted : 07 August 2016 11:11:44(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
My view is run whatever you like - it's your layout. On my own layout, I am trying to stick to to trains that were running in the region of Germany I am taking inspiration from in the mid-2000.s (give or take a few years BigGrin ). But even in Z, where there's not so much variety, there are still quite a few lovely locos out there that never ran in that part of Germany....I must resist the temptation! Love Laugh

My personal bugbear though is those lovely layouts operating steam trains, with all the buildings, people and signals appropriate for the period, but then on the roads they have the latest versions of trucks and cars! Cursing

Carim

Edited by user 07 August 2016 16:03:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Carim
Offline steventrain  
#31 Posted : 07 August 2016 11:29:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I do collector Epoch 3 to date.

I do have few epoch 1/2 but the detail parts bits more that other epoch.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline NS1200  
#32 Posted : 07 August 2016 12:37:30(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Hahaha,we are all addicted and cannot be cured!

Note that Marklin have issued color variants of well known models over the years and these models could add something special to your collection simply because these models look a bit different,and they do not have to be very expensive.

Going through some old catalogues could draw your attention to these hidden treasures.
I am not talking beauties here,they are just a bit special:

3107 BR78 steamer French version.
3081 V200 Diesel in blue and cream.
3149 V60 shunter Belgian version.
3165 SNCF BB9200 in Corail colors.
3083 S3/6 steamer French version(!).
3472 V100 Diesel in OBB Austrian livery.
3419 BR50 steamer in Dutch NS colors (confiscated machine after WW2).
3378 V160 Diesel Lollo in orange (Lollo named after actress Gina Lollobrigida because of the rounded nose!).
3384 V200 Diesel in Swiss SBB colors (old V200s purchased by SBB).
39359 Taurus electric loco in Hungarian colors.
3326 NS 1607 Vlissingen,I pulled the longest passengertrain plus NS 150 years logo,i have that one,yeahhh!
3029 startersteamer in Danish DSB livery,i have that one too.

And many more!

Just collect them,no problem with different era's or areas of operation.

Edited by user 10 August 2016 07:36:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline borntman  
#33 Posted : 07 August 2016 16:43:23(UTC)
borntman

United States   
Most of my stuff is era III-IV but I have a. Modern Electric Locomotive (Br185) as well. My other locomotives are the new Br24 and a delta Br86. Right now I need track and switch decoder more than more cars.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by borntman
Offline Roland  
#34 Posted : 07 August 2016 17:20:07(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
I enjoy running IV through VI because these are the eras I've seen on my trips to Germany. I know it's not very realistic but exact realism was never my goal. I personally feel you should run whatever it is you enjoy, so long as it's Marklin Laugh
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Roland
Offline steventrain  
#35 Posted : 09 August 2016 18:40:23(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
One Question.

Is the 37017 S2/6 Blue - Epoch 1 or 2?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline mike c  
#36 Posted : 09 August 2016 19:08:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
One Question.

This was the Toy Fair locomotive this year. I don't know if this was a real or fantasy livery.
The actual locomotive (3201) was built in 1906. It ran until 1925. It was renumbered to class BR15.
Wikipedia states that it was withdrawn from service and regained it's original number (3201) that same year
After that, it remained a museum locomotive (to this day).

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#37 Posted : 09 August 2016 23:43:51(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
One Question.

Seeing it is being painted the same livery as the 31806 set which Marklin lists as 'around 1910 to 1915 I would suggest could be either.

Offline applor  
#38 Posted : 10 August 2016 03:01:11(UTC)
applor

Australia   
One Question.

Epoche 1 in fictitious blue.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline dickinsonj  
#39 Posted : 10 August 2016 03:14:28(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
One Question.

Epoche 1 in fictitious blue.

Exactly, and the 37016 is Era II in fictitious DB black and red livery.

The only real S2/6 is the record prototype used for the 37015, in the K.Bay.Sts.B. livery.

Although this has wandered pretty far off topic at this point...
Regards,
Jim