Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gusaya45  
#1 Posted : 03 March 2016 06:51:51(UTC)
Gusaya45

Canada   
Hi forum,
I have very small layout,i have 3 signal light ,10 turnout digital and 3 slow module ,i have 1 m83 ,1 k83 ,s88 , CS 2 ,some item are connect to external transformer ,the problem is :i have every 15 second like lite flashing for 3 second , that affect train light,signal light and very low sound .
there is a video to take look and hear the noise,the cs2 work perfect only problem is that.
i don't know if that is normal .the sound appear at second 28 up on the video.

than you Gustavo.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2016 08:27:27(UTC)
H0

Hi, Gustavo,

I see the lights flashing, but I don't hear anything.

Are the lights also flashing if you just connect a short piece of track with a train to the CS2?
Add the components one by one until the flashing starts. Or remove them one by one until the flashing starts.

I'd start with a piece of track and then add more components.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Swimmer  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2016 09:44:48(UTC)
Swimmer

South Africa   
Hi,

It sounds like you might have a transformer issue for your accessories, either the transformer is overloaded or it has degenerated.

Regards
Carsten
Offline Danlake  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2016 10:42:29(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi,

I do hear the noise.

I think is coming from one of the loco or maybe one of the accessory decoders.

Try disconnecting the decoders, when layout is powered off and see if it disappear and remove the loco from the tracks.

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Gusaya45  
#5 Posted : 03 March 2016 13:21:59(UTC)
Gusaya45

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I do hear the noise.

I think is coming from one of the loco or maybe one of the accessory decoders.

Try disconnecting the decoders, when layout is powered off and see if it disappear and remove the loco from the tracks.

Brgds Lasse

Hi Lasse , the noise come from the track, sspecial on the c track.
Offline Gusaya45  
#6 Posted : 03 March 2016 13:24:06(UTC)
Gusaya45

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Swimmer Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

It sounds like you might have a transformer issue for your accessories, either the transformer is overloaded or it has degenerated.

Regards
Carsten

Hi Carsten , when I desconect the external transformer the flash and noise still are there.
Offline Swimmer  
#7 Posted : 03 March 2016 13:46:57(UTC)
Swimmer

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: Gusaya45 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Swimmer Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Regards
Carsten

Hi Carsten , when I desconect the external transformer the flash and noise still are there.

Hi,

Then you will have to follow the ideas from the other guys.
I would do the following
1. Remove one loco at a time to see when the noise stops. When it stops then it is the loco that was removed the last.
2. If all the locos are removed and it still happens then disconnect each decoder one at a time to achieve the same result.
3. If all the decoders are disconnected, then you will have to do the same with all the other items.

Regards
Carsten
Offline michelvr  
#8 Posted : 03 March 2016 15:27:56(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hi forum,
I have very small layout,i have 3 signal light ,10 turnout digital and 3 slow module ,i have 1 m83 ,1 k83 ,s88 , CS 2 ,some item are connect to external transformer ,the problem is :i have every 15 second like lite flashing for 3 second , that affect train light,signal light and very low sound .
there is a video to take look and hear the noise,the cs2 work perfect only problem is that.

than you Gustavo.

Hello Gustavo,

I listened to the video and heard humming noise and noticed that the signal light started to pulse.How many transformers are you using? CS2 has one and then you state external transformer so you are using two?. If you are using one for track and one for accesseries make sure that they are totally separated from each other. If not you will get a humming noise which suggest a power voltage increase or a intermittent short which can cause all sort of mischief. Double check your wiring to make sure you did not connect a wire from one transformer to another transformer by mistake.

Michel
Offline Gusaya45  
#9 Posted : 03 March 2016 15:50:13(UTC)
Gusaya45

Canada   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
Hi forum,

than you Gustavo.

Hello Gustavo,

I listened to the video and heard humming noise and noticed that the signal light started to pulse.How many transformers are you using? CS2 has one and then you state external transformer so you are using two?. If you are using one for track and one for accesseries make sure that they are totally separated from each other. If not you will get a humming noise which suggest a power voltage increase or a intermittent short which can cause all sort of mischief. Double check your wiring to make sure you did not connect a wire from one supply to another by mistak

Michel

Hi Michael , yes I use 1 for track and 1 for accessories, yellow to accessories , red for track by to separated transformer, only I join together are the Brown .
Offline Gusaya45  
#10 Posted : 04 March 2016 01:50:07(UTC)
Gusaya45

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Gustavo,

I see the lights flashing, but I don't hear anything.

Are the lights also flashing if you just connect a short piece of track with a train to the CS2?
Add the components one by one until the flashing starts. Or remove them one by one until the flashing starts.

I'd start with a piece of track and then add more components.

The sound is not loud .