Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline thomas buckley  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2016 22:26:42(UTC)
thomas buckley

United States   
Thank you all for help on 7051 crane! that is work in progress, seems the brushes are "toast" and this brings me to the question of parts for this old guy:) My searches on line brought me here as well as a place called Eckert Engineering and some other private collectors with limited supplies. I contacted Marklin USA and received the latest catalog without price list. my attempts to find dealers was an exercise in futility as well as a realization of cost prohibitiveness...
I am looking for direction for sites/people that have access to parts for 1970's era Marklin trains. Thank you AGAIN, in advance for your support.
signed,
Marklin train fan in SoCal mountains(Thomas)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by thomas buckley
Offline Crazy Harry  
#2 Posted : 05 January 2016 22:53:42(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Thomas,

Welcome to the forum. The marklin.com site has a retail locator at the top left of the page for US and Canadian shops. There also a few online vendors like Eckert Engineering and ajckids.com, but I don't have any experience with either of them. Maybe someone else can chime in with a retailer near you.

The brush set for the 7051 crane is Marklin #600300 (formerly 60030) which I believe is quite common since it is the default brush set for all the flat commutator motors Marklin used in the past.

Hope this helps somewhat. Cheers,

Harold.
Offline Cabegye  
#3 Posted : 06 January 2016 06:12:14(UTC)
Cabegye

United States   
Hi Thomas,
Welcome to the forum,
I have good experience with both vendors mentioned, and also with the following ones:
Rjftrains.com, this guy has lots of stuff and he can request anything you need, besides he is a very helpful person try is web page. The other one is rocousa.com (Micro Macro Mundo) a vendor with a store in Miami, he has lots and lots of stuff and also carries Märklin parts.
You may also try:
- Euro model trains
- Walthers
- Euro rail hobbies
- Helmuts hobby specialties
- Reynaulds euro imports
- Train aid s.a.
I have experience with all of these vendors and all are very professional and helpful, very honest people.
Hope this can help
Cheers
Carlos