Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tomgi  
#1 Posted : 28 November 2015 13:11:58(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
Hi All,

I have just ordered two Märklin My World starter sets as christmas gifts for my niece and nephew. Since they are both born in january I ordered some accesories as birthday gifts while I was at it. I'm assuming the sounds will be in german or english for station announcements and such. I'm wondering if it's possible to replace those sounds with sounds in Swedish? If possible, how is it done?

Regards,
/Tomgi
404 not found
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tomgi
Offline petestra  
#2 Posted : 28 November 2015 14:38:30(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Tomgi. I just bought two of the new My World stations 72209. It speaks German,English,French and Dutch. They use only rechargeable batteries.

I don't know about the trains themselves though. Cheers,Peter.Cool

Edited by user 28 November 2015 18:33:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline Tomgi  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2015 14:10:57(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
After hours of googling I haven't learned much more than the fact that some sound decoders can load new sounds. Which ones and how it's done is still somwhat of a mystery. Besides, most of the info I found related to DCC decoders. I found little concerning Märklin sound decoders and nothing at all relating to the sounds in My World train sets. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms when searching? Any advice, tips, info or links related to Märklin sound decoders, MW or other, would be much appreciated.

/Tomgi
404 not found
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 07 December 2015 16:42:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Tomgi Go to Quoted Post
After hours of googling I haven't learned much more than the fact that some sound decoders can load new sounds. Which ones and how it's done is still somwhat of a mystery. Besides, most of the info I found related to DCC decoders. I found little concerning Märklin sound decoders and nothing at all relating to the sounds in My World train sets. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms when searching? Any advice, tips, info or links related to Märklin sound decoders, MW or other, would be much appreciated.

/Tomgi

I suspect these are not standard decoders - not even standard Marklin ones, as they are so tied in to the Infra Red system. I suspect the sounds are a separate sound chip that stores pre-recorded sounds, as have been used in some Marklin items in the past. I doubt you will be able to change the sounds.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 07 December 2015 20:39:21(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Tomgi Go to Quoted Post

I have just ordered two Märklin My World starter sets
/Tomgi

If you could be a bit more specific about which sets you have please?

While currently the brands of "My World" (IR to the train - (now) uses plastic track) and "Start Up" (IR to the track box - metal rails) have different branding they BOTH started out life as "My World" and even today some documents use the term generically when they should be more specific. Confusing for all concerned.

In both cases you may also make some progress by subscribing to the Marklin Fan Club for junior members.
http://www.maerklinfanclub.de/
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Tomgi  
#6 Posted : 07 December 2015 22:53:13(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I suspect these are not standard decoders - not even standard Marklin ones, as they are so tied in to the Infra Red system. I suspect the sounds are a separate sound chip that stores pre-recorded sounds, as have been used in some Marklin items in the past. I doubt you will be able to change the sounds.

I guess I could open one up and take a look at what's there.

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

If you could be a bit more specific about which sets you have please?

While currently the brands of "My World" (IR to the train - (now) uses plastic track) and "Start Up" (IR to the track box - metal rails) have different branding they BOTH started out life as "My World" and even today some documents use the term generically when they should be more specific. Confusing for all concerned.

In both cases you may also make some progress by subscribing to the Marklin Fan Club for junior members.
http://www.maerklinfanclub.de/

Sorry, my bad. The sets in question are 29202 High speed belgian passenger train and 29210 freight train. So from the battery powered range of My World. I have not enrolled the kids in the fan club yet but that will be done.
404 not found
Offline Roberto Romano  
#7 Posted : 14 December 2015 17:34:35(UTC)
Roberto Romano

Hi everybody,

I just bought the ICE my world set #29300 in Amazon, US for my grandson. The voice announcement is in German. I opened the motor head to see if there is a switch for languages and found none. I have read that it comes in 4 languages. Does anybody know how to select the language?
Regards, Roberto
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2015 19:49:02(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Roberto Romano Go to Quoted Post
I have read that it comes in 4 languages.
Where did you read that?

Does anybody know how to select the language?
Not without soldering. Get a sound module with the languages you want and install it.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Roberto Romano  
#9 Posted : 17 December 2015 16:11:19(UTC)
Roberto Romano

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
I have read that it comes in 4 languages.
Where did you read that?

Thank you Tom for your reply.

I read this from PETESTRA just above.

I found the set disappointing and frankly not too kid friendly. The set is sold in the US and as such the announcement should be in English, and as somebody commented earlier, the sounds are feeble. In addition, the plastic track tabs are very fragile for a 3-year old to handle. On the other hand the price was reasonable around $60, but I am afraid that the child might not be encouraged to play for too long. Just my thoughts.
Regards, Roberto
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 18 December 2015 07:57:52(UTC)
H0

The set is sold in the US and as such the announcement should be in English
OK, it's rather a toy than a model. For that target group (3+), the announcements would better be in English. But that would be a logistical nightmare for Märklin (100+ different languages for different target markets).

The 72209 train station supports 4 languages, the trains have announcements that are related to their prototypical use. So German trains have German announcements.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage