Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tomgi  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2015 01:16:15(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
Hi All,

The christmas gifts for my niece and nephew arrived today including one 29370 starter set. Firmly expecting the children wanting to run their trains asap after opening I promptly got the trains in running order. The belgian high speed train from 29202 runs well but the click and mix freight train from the 29370 set has problems in curves. It noticeably slows down in curves and the loco really shakes from side to side. In both directions. This is with only the loco and battery wagon, I have yet to try with more wagons.

1. Is this normal behaviour for this loco?

2. Is there anything I can do to fix this on my own?

Any help appreciated as I want to give my nephew a fright train since he likes loading and unloading my flat cars when visiting.

Thanks!
/Tomgi

UserPostedImage¨
404 not found
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tomgi
Offline Tomgi  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2015 12:16:45(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
I tried removing the rear wheels from the drive bogie and noticed a marked improvement in performance, although it still wobbles and shakes more than I like. I found some videos of the train on youtube and those trains also slow down and shakes/wobbles in curves so this seems to be normal behaviour for this train. I have also noticed the sound volume is so low only the whistle is barely audible when the train is in motion. Usually I think toy sounds are too loud but these sounds could do with a little more volume as the train itself makes quite a bit of noise. I also watched som videos of the 29210 train and it moves much better the 29370 train, more like the belgian high speed train my niece is getting.

I'm seriously considering getting a 29210 freight set and switching tracks with the 29370 set. That way my nephew gets the figure 8 all plastic track with a better running train and uncle gets a chance to try this newfangled C-track. I also imagine the diesel train in 29210 is easier to place on the track having no bogies. The kids will get one 7224 plastic rerailing ramp each which I will include in the starter sets. I would then sell the actual train from the 29370 set. It works, I'm just not happy with the performance so returning it to the store is not an option, especially if I want to keep the track.

/Tomgi

UserPostedImage
404 not found
Offline Tomgi  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2015 22:58:33(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
I found a store with a good price on the 29210 set and ordered it. The plan is to replace the real C-track in 29210 with the all plastic track in 29370 and give it to my nephew like that. That way he still gets a figure 8 track with a good running freight train and I get to test some C-track. The train and controller from 29370 will most likely be sold.
404 not found