Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Token  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2015 10:09:17(UTC)
Token

Australia   
Hi All,

I was delighted to find in the August/September edition of Märklin Magazin, a note on the upcoming 40th anniversary of the Märklin Model Railway Club NZ!

Congratulations to all those involved in the club over the years and there may be a slim chance I will make it over there (as I am helping my parents move house around then).

Link for those interested can be found on;

MMRC 40th Anniversary

(Apologies if I have jumped the gun on posting this)

Regards,

Michael.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Token
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2015 12:17:34(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I haven't as yet released the Club's magazine for this month for general distribution, but here are some details of the anniversary celebrations.

Pages from Aug2015_Page_1.jpg

Pages from Aug2015_Page_2.jpg
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline DV  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2015 14:33:19(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The Märklin Model Railway Club of South Australia (1971) congratulates the Märklin Model Railway Club, Wellington NZ on joining us in the 40 year Club.

Well done to allThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp and let's hope the Clubs will still be around in another 40 years, with a huge amount of membersThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp still enjoying and participating in MärklinBigGrin Smile
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 17 August 2015 11:56:45(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Thanks for adding this, no you haven't jumped the gun, no problem. It was about to be announced here anyway so no harm done.

As one of the organising committee members I can tell you that the excitement is certainly building.

We are hoping for an awesome weekend not just with our regular members but also attempting to make contact with as many past-members as we can.

Some years ago I started a project to archive all the past members that had ever been through the club and it did not take long for the number to pass 500, and that was about 10 years ago.

Actually the total then was over 600 which included a number of 'family' members so the number of past individual members in their own right would now easily be 500.

Current membership is close to 100, slightly short if I recall and I think the highest period of membership was through the mid 80's - early 90's. Pre-internet distraction and just when video/PC games were starting to really take over.

But if any of our overseas members have been putting off a trip to visit NZ, surely this is as good a reason as ever?

Right at the start of Spring so the weather will be inviting, there might still be a bit of snow in the high areas, the thermal pools are always hot (North and South Islands), there's bound to be a game of rugby on somewhere and of course, Märklin as far as the eye can see.

Many (many) years ago a well-known member of the former MML even planned his Honeymoon from the USA to fit around a club night, and that was before we had our own clubrooms.

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline NZMarklinist  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2015 03:59:15(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
The Märklin Model Railway Club of South Australia (1971) congratulates the Märklin Model Railway Club, Wellington NZ on joining us in the 40 year Club.

Well done to allThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp and let's hope the Clubs will still be around in another 40 years, with a huge amount of membersThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp still enjoying and participating in MärklinBigGrin Smile

Sadly "The Auckland Marklin Club" is so dysfunctional, that a formal acknowledgement is unlikely, other than a handful of us/them visiting to enjoy the weekend Woot Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Kim R  
#6 Posted : 27 October 2015 05:04:04(UTC)
Kim R

Australia   
Just got back from the weekend. Thanks guys for making such a great event. We had an excellent time.

I have photos rom the show and the train ride at https://plus.google.com/...bums/6210147370144615089
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Kim R
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 27 October 2015 05:55:54(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Nice photos Kim, glad you got home safely.

Not sure what I was doing with my hands behind my head, maybe you caught me waking up from taking a nap! Blushing

I hope you don't mind, but I might use one or two of your photos in the club's 40th anniversary magazine, due for publishing mid next month.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline cookee_nz  
#8 Posted : 27 October 2015 06:15:36(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Kim R Go to Quoted Post
Just got back from the weekend. Thanks guys for making such a great event. We had an excellent time.

I have photos rom the show and the train ride at https://plus.google.com/...bums/6210147370144615089

Great to meet you Kim and glad you enjoyed the typical Kiwi hospitality and the awesome weather!!

Cheers

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Glen  
#9 Posted : 27 October 2015 08:18:40(UTC)
Glen

New Zealand   
Thanks Kim - I see I managed to get into one of your photos (along with the FD), and I only dropped by briefly to pick up some great ERA 2 passenger wagons I picked up in the ballot. BigGrin

I must take some photos of them and post them....

Cheers

Glen
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Glen
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 27 October 2015 09:21:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
A great weekend was had by all, and the weather came right for Saturday, Sunday and Monday (setup day on Friday was somewhat wet!).

Highlights of the weekend were

- Lots of H0 and 1 Gauge train running
- Plenty of chances to buy new and used Marklin
- A great dinner on Saturday night
- The Sunday steam train trip
- Several members were presented with life membership and other awards
- And there was a special message to the MMRC from Florian Sieber, the CEO of Märklin.

40th_hall.JPG

A view of the hall with 1 Gauge layout in the foreground and H0 modular layout in the background. Several of the Auckland Marklin Club guys brought their modules with them to run with the MMRC member modules.

Edited by user 29 January 2016 13:21:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Kim R  
#11 Posted : 27 October 2015 09:48:36(UTC)
Kim R

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Nice photos Kim, glad you got home safely.

Not sure what I was doing with my hands behind my head, maybe you caught me waking up from taking a nap! Blushing

I hope you don't mind, but I might use one or two of your photos in the club's 40th anniversary magazine, due for publishing mid next month.

No worries, let me know which ones and I can send you the original images for better quality.

:)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kim R
Offline NZMarklinist  
#12 Posted : 27 October 2015 12:19:52(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

Well done Kim, ThumpUp
I think you covered the weekend nicely with this gallery of pics, saves me uploading my ones which may not be as good, but don't know as I haven't even downloaded them off my camera as yet Blushing

The one Gauge videos tho are something else, hopefully Wink

It was great to meet you and Jim Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Kim R  
#13 Posted : 27 October 2015 22:58:23(UTC)
Kim R

Australia   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

Well done Kim, ThumpUp
I think you covered the weekend nicely with this gallery of pics, saves me uploading my ones which may not be as good, but don't know as I haven't even downloaded them off my camera as yet Blushing

The one Gauge videos tho are something else, hopefully Wink

It was great to meet you and Jim Smile

And a big thanks to you for driving us both around all weekend and for introducing me to the Kiwi 'German' beer. :) I am looking forward to seeing you vids when they are done too!!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kim R
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#14 Posted : 29 January 2016 13:17:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
And there was a special message to the MMRC from Florian Sieber, the CEO of Märklin.

Here's the message that was sent from Florian Sieber

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz