Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Unholz  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2015 14:45:38(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
I am encountering a problem which is probably most simple for the digital wizards among you, but frankly I am puzzled. Before molesting you, I looked at this thread ( https://www.marklin-user...lin-6021.aspx#post252023 ), but unfortunately the discussion there takes place on a much higher level than my digital knowledge. Wink

The simple facts: I have just received my first HAG Ee 922 shunter (AC, of course) with a Zimo sound decoder. The very short instruction leaflet says that the sounds must be activated by "initializing" F8 (I am using the terminology from the leaflet).

On the MS2, F8 should be accessible (AFAIK) by simultaneously pressing the Shift key plus the F1. Right so far, or...?Confused

But then nothing happens - not even the slightest trace of a sound. Crying

Help is most welcome, thanks!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2015 16:26:52(UTC)
H0

Hi!

F8 is Shift+F0 (top button in the left column). F8 will work only if there is a symbol beside it. F8 will work only if the loco was registered as DCC.

IIRC you get F0 through F12 automatically when you register a loco manually as a DCC loco. If you need any of the keys without symbol (MS2 support F0 through F15), just add a symbol for that key.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2015 20:05:20(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Thanks so much Tom - manually registering as a DCC loco worked instantly, with the symbols automatically appearing. ThumpUp

My respect and admiration for your capabilities of explaining digital basics to a layman remains at the highest level. BigGrin ThumpUp
Offline taliesin  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2015 20:22:12(UTC)
taliesin

United Kingdom   
So what's the engine like Stefan, still waiting for mine, cheers Rob
Offline Unholz  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2015 00:03:19(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Rob, I am extremely happy with it - it runs flawlessly, pulls enough (for a shunter normally not used on mountain routes), and I love the sound. Especially the loud horn is impressive.

The cute item is worth its price IMHO.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz