Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2014 22:20:56(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I think Märklin should hire native English (French, Italian, ...) speakers to improve the translations of the CS2 user interface.

But obviously they don't do that.

Are there forum members able, ready, and willing to improve the translations?
Please post only suggestions or errors for the English version in this thread.
Feel free to start new threads to improve other translations.

Here's one dialogue to get started.
How about this text:
"Not a valid locomotive address.
The address range for this protocol is 1 through 255."

Or is "Invalid locomotive address." better? Maybe a native English speaker can make a better suggestion.

Here's the original dialogue from CS2 3.5.6:
H0 attached the following image(s):
cs2_address_error_mm.png
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2014 22:36:48(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
How about this text:

I think that would be fine.

I know that parts of the English CS2 screens are still in German, but I don't have the CS2 handy to look it up.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
H0
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2014 22:48:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Yes, my Lokomive had exactly the same problemLOL LOL Flapper

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2014 23:25:53(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I think that "Invalid Locomotive Address" as a header is a slight improvement.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 02 May 2014 07:52:18(UTC)
H0

For reference purposes, let's call the "Lokomive adress" dialogue "Dialogue #1".

Now here comes Dialogue #2:
There should be no fullstops after "Delay" because it's no abbreviation.
I didn't spot other errors (but maybe a native speaker will).

cs2_loco_properties_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 02 May 2014 07:56:24(UTC)
H0

Here comes Dialogue #3:

Funny thing about this dialogue: there are two keys each for colon and semi-colon.
There's a backtick ("`") but the forward version ("´") is missing - is this a problem?
Are the symbols that are missing and which a native speaker would need?
cs2_keyboard_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 02 May 2014 07:59:49(UTC)
H0

Here comes Dialogue #4:

It's probably the only time where they write "Mfx" with an upper case letter.
I would write "CVs" without apostrophe (but I know that "CV's" is acceptable usage). Which way is better in your opinion?

Nice warning about reading the decoder manual - it's a pity that Märklin locos do not include useful decoder manuals. Flapper
cs2_cv_warning_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:03:04(UTC)
H0

Now for Dialogue #5:

The word "Information" does not fit ("Info" could be used instead) and "Motor/Licht" was not translated ("Motor/Lights" will probably do).
Is "Direction Inversion" OK? Or maybe "Reversion of Direction"? "Reversion of Directions"?
cs2_cvs_motor_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:05:19(UTC)
H0

Here comes Dialogue #6:

"Addresss" is a simple typo.
And some more German terms here.
cs2_cvs_format_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:07:57(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #7:

Only two entries - and nothing was translated.

"Speicher" probably should be "Memory".
"ABV" should be "ABD" (at least they use ABD on the function mapping screen).
"Geschw." => "Speed".
"Richtung" => "Direction".

"Funktion" is left as an exercise to the reader ...
cs2_cvs_misc_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:10:27(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #8:

Right below "Duration Function" they introduced "memory function". Why no upper-case letters here?

The abbreviations "Switc...Range" and "Runni...ounds" look a bit odd.
cs2_function_mapping1_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:12:28(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #9:

How about using "shall" and "would" (instead of "should" and "will")?

Maybe native speakers can make a much better suggestion.
cs2_rst_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline DigitalNZ  
#13 Posted : 02 May 2014 08:13:35(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   

There should be no fullstops after "Delay" because it's no abbreviation.

You're correct as far as I know / care. It's not a major issue though, it doesn't destroy the meaning of the message.

I'd be happy to help improve their other English translations if they wanted me to!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DigitalNZ
Offline H0  
#14 Posted : 02 May 2014 09:05:47(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: DigitalNZ Go to Quoted Post
I'd be happy to help improve their other English translations if they wanted me to!
In my experience e-mails with suggestions sent to the Märklin Service often get lost (are not forwarded to the persons in charge).

I reported a bug against the MS2 software and received a qualified reply. Therefore I hope the translation work done here won't be in vain (I will send the suggestions to the person who replied to me).
Not long ago the loco properties screen showed "Min. delay" and "Max. delay" instead of "Min. speed" and "Max. speed". This may (or may not) be the result of an e-mail I sent.

Messages about problems with the website or errors in the product database seem to always get lost. Well - they have to decide how they run their business.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:24:05(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #10:
My proposal for this message:
"The version information could not be read from the decoder.
Try again?"
cs2_upd_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:30:39(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #11:
Two typos in the title.
cs2_keyboard_configuration_new_multidecoder_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#17 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:35:05(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #12:
Assuming that "Decoder type" is correct then it should be "Coding switch".
Should "Accessory state" be written in two words?
cs2_layout_turnout_configuration_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#18 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:41:50(UTC)
Webmaster

I think I will suggest to Herr Lorentz that our international forum can help M to update their language variations since it seems like there is quite some work to do...

I'm sure there are a lot of errors, both in grammatically and writing convention, also in the other languages...

Thanks for bringing this up Tom! I did not know it was this bad...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:42:24(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #13:
Title: "Configure New" or "Configure New Locomotive".

"New locomotive" should be lower case IMHO.

"manual" should be "manually".

"M.U. Set" should be "M. U. set" IMHO.

"Manualy" should be "Manually" and "mfx-Loco" should be "mfx locomotive".
cs2_new_loco_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:46:55(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #14:
I think it should be "stick", "status" and "device" (all lower case) and "Device ID" instead of "Device-ID".
Do the native English speakers agree?
cs2_setup_cs2_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:50:36(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #15:
Text not properly right aligned.
And again too many upper case letters IMHO.
cs2_setup_view_languages_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#22 Posted : 04 May 2014 19:50:52(UTC)
Webmaster

Even non-natives agree.... BigGrin
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline xxup  
#23 Posted : 04 May 2014 23:13:51(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Here comes Dialogue #3:

Funny thing about this dialogue: there are two keys each for colon and semi-colon.
There's a backtick ("`") but the forward version ("´") is missing - is this a problem?

The "<" and ">" symbols are missing from the two keys to the right of "M". They are useful to me (on my eCOS) as I use them to label routes. For example, c48>c56 is the route between contact number 48 and contact 56. Fortunately, I have WindigiPet so I don't need to use the route function on the controller. Smile

Marklin needs to develop a Style Guide for the CS2 and other similar products. A Style Guide does not necessarily follow the strict rules of English, but it does make the look and feel of the device consistent.

For example, words like dog and cat are not capitalised in English, but the key words in a heading might be. For example:
The Dog and Cat Live in the Tree
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

In computer software you often see the words on a button (e.g. Click Here) capitalised. These are some of the things that make the look and feel of the application look comfortable and familiar to users.

A Style Guide will help to set consistent rules for the Interface that include capitalisation, font usage and colours.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline xxup  
#24 Posted : 04 May 2014 23:17:38(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Even non-natives agree.... BigGrin

My experience, especially on this forum, is that there are many non-natives, who have a much better grasp of English grammar that most of the natives that visit here. And then there are the Americans who can't spell colour and have their own version of the Gallon! RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline DigitalNZ  
#25 Posted : 04 May 2014 23:58:45(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Dialogue #9:

How about either:

a. Do you want to reset your locomotive to factory default settings? Once reset the locomotive will register itself automatically.
b. Are you sure you want to return you locomotive to it's factory settings? It will register itself automatically once complete.

Dialogue #12:
Assuming that "Decoder type" is correct then it should be "Coding switch".
Should "Accessory state" be written in two words?

Couldn't have put it better myself!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DigitalNZ
Offline Yumgui  
#26 Posted : 05 May 2014 00:04:52(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
OK Tom , I’ll take a crack at it …

While I know absolutely nothing about the CS2, I do know about putting texts to form … I also count on your known perseverance to report these bugs to Märklin, this foremost, concerning all their manuals in general, is making my clock tick atm … !
So here’s my two cents worth :

Here's one dialogue to get started0. (Dialog #1)
How about this text:
Or is "Invalid locomotive address." better? <-- Better
Maybe a native English speaker can make a better suggestion.
Here's the original dialogue from CS2 3.5.6:

---
There should be no fullstops after "Delay" because it's no abbreviation. <-- Agreed, “full stops” are called “periods” … these are accurately used for abbreviations, such as “Max.” and “Min.” speeds …

---
Here comes Dialogue #3:
There's a backtick ("`") but the forward version ("´") is missing - is this a problem? <-- Yep, see qwerty below …

<-- If you look at a “normal” qwerty keyboard, the colon and semi-colon are correct, on the same key after L ... but the comma and dot (or period) after M are wrong … should include “<” and “>”, yep, also, “Shift” key took a hike before Z to the left, and “?” became a “2” after dot to the right, and Capslock went underground … , how about just: “Märklin, please check qwerty layout” … ^^ ?:
http://education.davidsp...9/9b/Keyboard_qwerty.jpg
---
Here comes Dialogue #4:
First, I would write: “These are not standard CVs; you are in the mfx Configuration Space” … instead of “These are not normal CVs; this is the Mfx Configuration Space”.
It's probably the only time where they write "Mfx" with an upper case letter. <-- Don’t know this protocol, but consistency is paramount for best comprehension in any prompt text … if “mfx” everywhere else, then it’s no good here …
I would write "CVs" without apostrophe (but I know that "CV's" is acceptable usage). Which way is better in your opinion? <-- Either / or really, just makes sense that if the CS2 screen is short on space “CVs” is fine, it’s netspeak even … ^^
Nice warning about reading the decoder manual - it's a pity that Märklin locos do not include useful decoder manuals. Flapper LOL

---
Now for Dialogue #5:
The word "Information" does not fit ("Info" could be used instead) <-- Agreed
and "Motor/Licht" was not translated ("Motor/Lights" will probably do). <-- Agreed
Is "Direction Inversion" OK? Or maybe "Reversion of Direction"? "Reversion of Directions"? <-- I would write: “Reverse direction”

---
Here comes Dialogue #6:
"Addresss" is a simple typo. <-- Yep
And some more German terms here.
- Folge aus : Output ?
- ¾ adr: ¾ Address? No idea here…
- Halb stufen: Half increment
- erlaubt: Allowed
- MM2 aktive Funktionen : Active functions

---
Dialogue #7:
Only two entries - and nothing was translated. <-- Not much to say here …
"Speicher" probably should be "Memory".
"ABV" should be "ABD" (at least they use ABD on the function mapping screen).
"Geschw." => "Speed".
"Richtung" => "Direction".
"Funktion" is left as an exercise to the reader ... (Function ?)

---
Dialogue #8:
Right below "Duration Function" they introduced "memory function". Why no upper-case letters here? <-- Wrong if isn’t consistent with rest of prompts … !
The abbreviations "Switc...Range" and "Runni...ounds" look a bit odd. <-- if their limit is 13 characters, then “Switch Range” and “Running Sound” should be OK …

---
Dialogue #9:
How about using "shall" and "would" (instead of "should" and "will")? <-- “Shall” is closely associated with the Bible, and therefore kind of harsh for model trains wink, so I would suggest this wording in “contemporary” netspeak: "Reset locomotive to factory defaults? The locomotive will register itself again automatically." (The word “then” is not necessary … ^^)
Maybe native speakers can make a much better suggestion.

---
Dialogue #10:
My proposal for this message:
"The version information could not be read from the decoder.
Try again?" <-- No idea here, but sounds good …

---
Dialogue #11:
Two typos in the title. <-- Yep …

---
Dialogue #12:
Assuming that "Decoder type" is correct then it should be "Coding switch". <-- Again, consistency in the text is paramount, so for prompt titles I’d put caps everywhere: “Decoder Type”, “Coding Switch”, etc …
Should "Accessory state" be written in two words? <-- Yep, “Accessory State” even, with caps …

---
Dialogue #13:
Title: "Configure New" or "Configure New Locomotive". <-- “Configure New Loco” (OK, if character space is a problem …)
"New locomotive" should be lower case IMHO. <-- Caps for prompt titles IMHO, so “New Loco – From Database”
"manual" should be "manually". <-- Dito: “New Loco – Manual Config”
"M.U. Set" should be "M. U. set" IMHO. <-- Not an issue IMHO
"Manualy" should be "Manually" (typo, yep) and "mfx-Loco" should be "mfx locomotive".<-- Not an issue IMHO

---
Dialogue #14:
I think it should be "stick", "status" and "device" (all lower case) and "Device ID" instead of "Device-ID".
Do the native English speakers agree? <-- Nope, not an issue, on the contrary caps are better for prompts IMHO …

---
Dialogue #15:
Text not properly right aligned. <-- I’d say not properly left aligned, like all other interface windows ... again, consistency first !
And again too many upper case letters IMHO. <-- Again, caps are good for prompt titles IMHO … ^^

Hope that helps Tom ^^, French texts next …

Y Cool

Hmm, looks like that arrow motif before each comment dun work so well here : <--
If your M track is rusted ... DON'T throw it out !
Working on: https://studiogang.com/projects/all
My heavy train station renovation: https://youtu.be/QQlyNiq416A
Inspired by: http://www.nakedmarklin.com/... Am not alone in this universe, phew.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Yumgui
Offline H0  
#27 Posted : 05 May 2014 08:21:01(UTC)
H0

Thanks everybody for the feedback so far.
I sent Märklin a correction for "Dialogue #1" (9 errors in 2 sentences - good to show they need help) and asked for the best way to provide feedback.

I try to write BE (so full stop would be correct), but the CS2 UI is AE (period). I presume "#1" is bally AE (but convenient).
We can try to convince them that the CS2 UI should support both BE and AE (just kidding - apart from "grey" and maybe "colour" I didn't notice words that would be different).

Re keyboard: "<" and ">" are there, combined on a separate key.
German QWERTZU keyboards have an extra key compared to US QWERTY keyboards. Still it looks odd if that extra key is used to provide characters "<" and ">" at an unusual location - and duplicated characters have no value.

The keyboard is mainly needed to enter loco names. No problem IMHO if not all keys are present or if the layout is slightly modified. OTOH it should be simple to move "<" and ">" to the normal locations. Leaves us (you) room for two extra characters - which would that be?
But there is no "Å" on the Swedish layout - and that might prove useful to give a Swedish colour name, loco name ("Luleå") or company name (writes one with no knowledge of Swedish).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#28 Posted : 05 May 2014 19:02:54(UTC)
Goofy

I suppose it´s bugs which cause problems...?

LOL LOL LOL
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Hackcell  
#29 Posted : 05 May 2014 19:48:55(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
In spanish is pretty much the same mess... It needs to be re-written.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline Webmaster  
#30 Posted : 05 May 2014 20:49:39(UTC)
Webmaster

I am actually seriously thinking about suggesting that this international forum should go into a cooperation with M to sort out their language problems in products...

Am I asking too much?
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Hackcell  
#31 Posted : 05 May 2014 21:06:24(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
I am actually seriously thinking about suggesting that this international forum should go into a cooperation with M to sort out their language problems in products...

Am I asking too much?

Not really... At the end of the day we (the customers) are the ones paying for a quality product, in all aspects. Therefore, M should hear our feedback and suggestions.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline H0  
#32 Posted : 25 May 2014 20:50:11(UTC)
H0

Here we go with dialogue #16 (from the new 3.6.2 version).

There is nothing wrong about "Save", "Restart", and "Quit".
They were "Backup", "Reboot" and "Shutdown" with version 3.5.6. Could be "Archive", "Relaunch", and "Exit" with the next version. LOL
setup_cs2_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 25 May 2014 20:51:46(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #17:
"Typ" is German, "Type" is English.
setup_devices_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#34 Posted : 25 May 2014 20:53:33(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #18:
"(DHC" looks incomplete and "IP Network Template" is typically called "Subnet mask".
setup_ip_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#35 Posted : 25 May 2014 20:58:13(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #19:

I don't know whether the phrase "1h equates to xx minutes" is right or wrong.

The meaning is "1 model time hour equals xx real time minutes".
How to say this in English?
setup_modeltime_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 25 May 2014 21:01:00(UTC)
H0

Dialogue #20:
"Start of S88 contact" means something like "S88 contact at start".

The others mean something like "S88 contact of intermediate stations" and "S88 contact at end point".
The train reverses at the end point, so the end is a new start.
shuttle_train_route_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#37 Posted : 25 May 2014 21:20:46(UTC)
H0

And here are some phrases extracted from the USB update.

"You are trying to peform a recursive route." => "perform"

"You didn't choose a File!" => "file."

"For locomotive "%1" are running activities!" => "there are"? Or "Locomotive "%1" has active processes."?

"The readout of the CV variables was not successful." => "The configuration variable could not be read." (the V in CV stands for variable)

"Editing the mapping cannot be done until after the read out" => "The mapping cannot be edited until the read out was completed."

"Reading out from the decoder is not possible right now." => "Reading from the decoder is currently impossible."
I'd like to add "currently" somewhere, but don't know where. Or is "right now" better than "currently"?

"mfx-locomotives" => "mfx locomotives"
"mfx-Locos" => "mfx locos" or "mfx locomotives"

"Stop canceld search!" => "Search was canceled by STOP."

"New IP-Adress has been requested." => "New IP address has been requested."

"Partner IP-Adress" => "Partner IP Address"

"Please insert a USB stick with at least 1GB of the CS2." => "... 1 GB into the CS2."

"The backup was not successfull." => "successful."

Maybe the native speakers can help to improve my suggestions.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Irish Rail  
#38 Posted : 26 May 2014 16:39:20(UTC)
Irish Rail

Ireland   
And here are some phrases extracted from the USB update.

"Editing the mapping cannot be done until after the read out" => "The mapping cannot be edited until the read out is complete."

"Reading out from the decoder is not possible right now." => "The decoder cannot currently be read."
I'd like to add "currently" somewhere, but don't know where. Or is "right now" better than "currently"?

Just some small suggestions
Offline H0  
#39 Posted : 21 September 2014 20:33:33(UTC)
H0

The "No valid Lokomive adress" message is still around with version 3.7.0. This error was reported to Märklin on Star Wars day (May the 4th, 2014) before version 3.6.2 was published.

Now let's look at some new features introduced with version 3.6.2 (screen shots show version 3.7.0).

Wait with bated breath while the CS2 is "retriving" information about available updates:
CS2 3.7.0
"Netz-Update" is Denglish for "Net Update" (where "Net" can mean either LAN or Internet).

Updates were found:
CS2 3.7.0
"Paket" is German for "packet" or "package".
The "Info" window always contains a fine mix of English and German, no matter whether UI is set to German or English.
For some updates, the "Start" button will be replaced by a "Weiter" button (German for "continue"). If you see "Weiter", then click "Weiter" (not OK).
I don't know why this screen has an OK button and a Cancel button - they both seem to do the same.

I got an error message that some items could not be installed:
CS2 3.7.0
However the new images available on the USB stick were installed correctly - I have no idea which packages could not be installed.
You have to select the Internet update to import images from an USB stick. Selecting update from USB stick will not import images from the USB stick.

For screens with a "?" button you can open a help window:
CS2 3.7.0

The help window for the Setup screen has some contents (that do not reflect changes made with version 3.6.2):
CS2 3.7.0
Several buttons were renamed with version 3.6.2 - as of version 3.7.0 no-one found time to update the help for this page.
"Update program" is now "Update" => "Internet" (of course requires a "functioning Internet-Verbindung") or "Update" => "USB Stick".
"Restart" is now "Reboot". "Shutdown" is now "Quit".
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage