Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fvri  
#51 Posted : 03 April 2008 11:01:32(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

It is the time(pause) between two successive switch operations. I think it is the way as it is implemented in the CS/ECoS.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#52 Posted : 03 April 2008 13:43:19(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Frank. I've been having a play with LC 1.0.05, and now v1.0.0.7. Thanks for your efforts, LC is great software. Once thing I have noticed however, is when controlling double slip switches from LC (I have 5 of them) the direction setting is back-to-front in LC, i.e. LC shows straight through when the switch is set to curved, and vice versa. The definition in my CS is correct, so the decoder setup and wiring are therefore correct. Turnouts and signals are all OK, the problem only seems to be with double slip switches.

Also I have been drawing my layout in LC. You have a 24 deg 17 min crossing (5215) available as a component, but no 48 deg 30 min crossing (5211) available. As my layout has 1 5211 it would be good to be able to select that track piece for inclusion in my layout drawing.

I don't as yet have any S88 modules, so can't as yet test routes and automated control, but I guess that will come eventually. I have tried only 1 loco with LC, but that loco is a mfx loco, and LC seems to control that fine - you may recall I had fun and games trying to get mfx locos working with Train Controller.
Offline fvri  
#53 Posted : 03 April 2008 14:45:39(UTC)
fvri

Hi David,

Thanks for your valuable feedback on the double slip turnout.

UserPostedImage

Thus, it should be like this : left is the derived state (don't cross) and right is the straight state (cross) for a double slip?

I will see what I can do to add asap a 5211 crossing trackitem.

BTW routes can be used in manual mode. Thus, you can trigger a route without associating it to a feedback item. (feedback item = a track with an occupancy sensor linked to an input of a feedback decoder Eg. S88).

When operating LC in manual operation mode, how to trigger a route? :
1. First way: A route is triggered by double clicking the mouse pointer on the route object in the Inspector(TreeView).
2. Another way: Press the Activate button in the Control tabpage of the Properties Pages dialog of the route object.

Best regards,
Frank

Offline dntower85  
#54 Posted : 03 April 2008 19:56:45(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Again, Frank thanks for all your work.
I successfully got automated control working last night with two main loops, one with turning loops on each end, and two trains that swap back and forth on the two main loop tracks. To keep track of what train is on what track I added an extra signal just for the program and then I watch the signal in the conditions. I'm new to automations and routs so anyone knows of better ways that are more logical to preform this operation I would like to know.

one bug. when adding trains to actions and conditions if there is a train defined say train(2) and you then click on the + button to add another train it puts it in train(2)'s data grid. deleting train(2) and replacing it with train(1). I have gotten around this by either adding multiple train at one time then go back and delete the unused ones or I add a turnout action then add the next train then go back and deleat the turn out.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline fvri  
#55 Posted : 03 April 2008 20:29:39(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

Ok, thank you for the bug report. But, I think I have fixed it already for version 1.0.0.8.

Your workarounds are certainly those of a programmers mindSmile

What might seem to be a bug but is not, is when a row is selected and you still want to change the object type. Example from signal to train. Then by changing the object type from signal to train all data of this selected row is changed to the first train in the list. But, I think this is not the case in your report...

I still need to do some tests but pretty soon version 1.0.0.8 will be released.

Can you confirm that the straight state corresponds to cross and the derived state corresponds to "not-crossing" state for a double slip

Thanks for the feedback!

Frank

Offline frankie  
#56 Posted : 03 April 2008 20:38:32(UTC)
frankie

Exactly, straight equals crossing derived not crossing.
I understand Darrin has used the block, instead of the route, because with routes we cannot select trains, correct?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline frankie  
#57 Posted : 03 April 2008 20:46:41(UTC)
frankie

Regarding the icons, is there anything you can do for curved turnouts?
The straight ones "can" be used, but...

Keep going, thanks!!!
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#58 Posted : 03 April 2008 20:47:44(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

Ok, thanks for clearing out this double slip confussion at my side. This means still one serious bug in LC but easy to solve.Smile.

The "route" principle/concept in LC is implemented in the same way as in the ECoS/CS thus only switch objects(turnouts and signals).
Thus, yes, Darrin has not used a route object.

Thanks.
Frank
Offline dntower85  
#59 Posted : 03 April 2008 22:32:50(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by frankie
<br />Exactly, straight equals crossing derived not crossing.
I understand Darrin has used the block, instead of the route, because with routes we cannot select trains, correct?

That is one reason why i didn't use routs, the other is I had a lot of set up already under automatic train control. Actually I haven't used blocks, just contacts with actions and conditions setting speeds of the locs. Following "Dale Schultz" method of train control but with a lot less contact tracks at this time. But I am in the process of putting the signals and blocks that I had set up for running in analog mode in to the digital system. I need the blocks back because sometimes the loc are slow to receive there command and run past the point that I want them to stop.
DT
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#60 Posted : 04 April 2008 00:19:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks for your replies Frank and Frankie.

Curved turnout icons would be a 'nice to have', but I have managed to use the existing turnout icon to represent curved turnouts - given that a curved section of track in LC is 45 deg rather than the 30 deg in real life.
Offline fvri  
#61 Posted : 04 April 2008 03:11:00(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin, Alessandro and David,

Version 1.0.0.8 is released!

This version is mainly intended to fix the 'serious' double slip turnout type bug.
Straight state corresponds now to the crossing state of this type of turnout.

Further...
- a train image can be assigned to a train catalog object (Darrin).
- added support for the short cross track item (David's request).
- minor fixes and improvements.
- updated manual regarding routes...
- importing switch objects on one of the 3 names associated to a switch object in CS/ECoS (Frankie). Currently only the first name was used as criterium to import. Although... still some work to do (improvements mainly) regarding data exchange between CS/ECoS and LC Smile

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#62 Posted : 04 April 2008 05:45:16(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Frank, I'll download and test the new version when I get home from work.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#63 Posted : 04 April 2008 09:40:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Frank, the new version fixed the problems perfectly - although your site does say the current version is v1.0.0.7, but v1.0.0.8 is the one that downloads. Late night, eh? biggrin

Unfortunately it seems Hp00 and Hp2 are now not working on my signals. Hp1 and Hp0/Sh1 are OK, but not the other 2 functions, whereas I'm sure they were working in v1.0.0.7. All functions are working when controlled from the CS' touch screen.
Offline frankie  
#64 Posted : 04 April 2008 14:21:36(UTC)
frankie

When you move from one version to another something weird happens to signals, mostly they stop working randomly, Frank knows about it.
You have to synch them either from the system than to the project close LC and restart, then they will work.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline frankie  
#65 Posted : 04 April 2008 14:23:21(UTC)
frankie

In my case when this happens, the icon of the signal disappears from the CS, has this ever happened to anyone else?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#66 Posted : 04 April 2008 15:05:47(UTC)
fvri

Hi David and Alessandro,

I don't have this strange behaviour on my ECoS regarding signals. I don't have any M signals.

Although, I must confess after deleting objects or sometimes after adding objects via LC, memory management of the digital system is no longer stable. In this case I reboot my digital system. I think this is still a problem in the ECoS. Mafi has written already on this issue of memory gaps that occur after object manipulation(deletion, adding).

But, let me explain how LC exchanges data with the ECoS/CS.

1. When you push the 'Connect' button (Connection tabpage) or the 'Retrieve' button (Fetch Info tabpage) in the 'Properties Pages' dialog for the digital system, all object data from the digital system is imported in LC in memory. Thus NOT in the objects of the active layout!!

Thus, if objects have been changed in the CS/ECoS they will be no longer in sync with the objects in the active layout!
Every object in the digital system gets a unique id. This unique id is also stored in the object of a layout in LC. Thus when this id mapping is no longer in sync or object data is changed in the CS, things will go 'randomly' wrong, because LC sends commands based on this id.

2. Press the "Project objects" button in the 'Synchronize' tabpage if the objects in the active layout in LC need to be synchronized with the objects in the digital system!

For example you change an address of signal in the CS/ECoS. Then you should synchronize if you want this address change to be done aswell in the signal object stored in the layout in LC.

3. When some objects have changed in the active layout of LC then you must press the "System objects" button in the 'Synchronize' tabpage if you want these objects to be update with the state of the object as in LC.

For example you change the switch time for the object in LC then you should press the System objects button to make to change aswell to the object in the CS/ECoS.

Thus, it is very important to undertake the correct action(synchronization) when changing objects in the digital system or in LC.

Once your model railroad is configured in LC you can simply export all objects to the digital system. But keep in mind when changing objects, deleting objects or adding new objects synchronization becomes very important!

<u>IMPORTANT REMARK:</u>
You can also always export or sync one object at a time. These single actions can be found on the 'Digital System' tabpage of the objects 'Properties Pages' dialog.

Although...I must confess there is still some serious work on my side regarding this synchronization process. The problem is time! Smile[:I]But, I think the basics are now implemented in LC and I should focus now more on this synchronization process.

Alessandro about this disappearing icon I really don't have a glue. Could it be possible to make a scenario were you have a limited number of switch objects. Then you could send me this layout and I can verify on my ECoS this behaviour.

I'm playing with around 60(40 turnouts, 20 signals)switch objects and 30 train objects.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Frank

Offline fvri  
#67 Posted : 04 April 2008 17:22:19(UTC)
fvri

Hi David,

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />Unfortunately it seems Hp00 and Hp2 are now not working on my signals. Hp1 and Hp0/Sh1 are OK, but not the other 2 functions, whereas I'm sure they were working in v1.0.0.7. All functions are working when controlled from the CS' touch screen.

I don't think it is related to a sync problem between LC and the CS. This is only possible if objects where changed in the CS and data of the layout was not updated by performing a sync.

Hopefully it is not typically a CS issue as I don't have a CS.

It seems the addresses linked to the states 'Hp00' and 'Hp2' are no longer valid when the layout is loaded into LC.

Sending me your layout file would be a great help to debug the problem of the signal.
What is the CS firmware version you are using?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#68 Posted : 05 April 2008 02:15:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Frank, thanks for your replies. I'll do a re sync to see if that resolves the problem. No changes were made to definitions in the CS. The signals are Viessmann 4013, with a 5210 Signal controller, operated from a 5211 solenoid decoder. The CS is at v2.0.4.
Offline fvri  
#69 Posted : 05 April 2008 03:04:48(UTC)
fvri

Hi David,

Ok, thanks for this info.

I have seen some major bugs regarding signals in LC.
I have already prepared a new version 1.0.0.9. I hope this version will solve the signal mystery in LCSmile.

Alessandro,
Is it possible to verify your signal problem with this latest version?

Best regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#70 Posted : 05 April 2008 11:22:52(UTC)
frankie

Ok, sorry to keep you awake!biggrin
Hopefully I have downloaded 1.0.0.8, but I haven't got the time to install it.
Let you know shortly.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline mmervine  
#71 Posted : 05 April 2008 15:17:27(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Frank:

I finally got my ECoS this week. In the next couple of weeks, I will give LocCommander a spin. Thanks for the work and for keeping us updated on your progress.

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline fvri  
#72 Posted : 05 April 2008 20:36:28(UTC)
fvri

Hi Mark,

Ok, that is great that you can enjoy your ECoS now for your model railroad!

Also for me it is great if somebody else can tryout LC in combination with the CS or ECoS. The more people that can give me feedback of their experiences with LC the better LC I can make for all.

Thus, lately I have found myself that there could be serious problems with certain types of signals when importing and synchronizing them in LC.

Thanks to Alessandro and Dave I found out that not all was going well when importing signals into LC.

Dave and Alessandro could you verify if all the addresses are filled in properly after an import or doing a sync ("Project objects").

It could be that when I ask the digital system to give me the addresses from a signal object I only get 2 instead of 3 or 4 addresses. For example for a Hp00/Hp0Sh1/Hp1/Hp2 or Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 signal type. Normally a Hp0 Hp1 should not give any problems.

In my case I have filled in all addresses in LC first before doing the export but when doing an import behaviour is not always predicable so farSmile

LC is software and I'm human biggrin, thus bugs are always possible. I'll do my best to write as less as possible bugs! But, please keep me informed when strange things are happening in LC.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#73 Posted : 05 April 2008 21:20:19(UTC)
fvri

Hi Dave and Alessandro,

I have just found out when I add signals first in the digital system with more than 2 addresses (eg. Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 or Hp00/Hp0Sh1/Hp1/Hp2 signal types) and then import them into LC only for 2 states the addresses are filled in. Thus, 1 or 2 states will not work in LC.

I don't have this problem because I filled in manually all my addresses in LC before exporting them. But when importing signals with more than 2 states that were made only in the digital system you get into trouble!

Thus, I will have to make a version 1.0.0.10 to solve it!Smile

Best regards,
Frank

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#74 Posted : 06 April 2008 05:22:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Frank, After upgrading to v1.0.0.10 I performed a 'Synchronize' of all objects, and I can report that all signal functions now work correctly.

Thanks for all your hard work, it is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dave
Offline xxup  
#75 Posted : 06 April 2008 05:30:21(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Hello Frank,

Do you have any plans to support the LDT HSI-88 interface?

Cheers
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline fvri  
#76 Posted : 06 April 2008 20:24:06(UTC)
fvri

Hi

Dave, I'm very pleased that your signal problem is solved now with the latest version of LC!
Also, I appreciate it a lot the feedback you are giving me!

Adrian, I don't have immediately plans to support this feedback decoder type but if you or somebody could provide me the protocol to read out this type I could give it a try!

Best regards,
Frank
Offline xxup  
#77 Posted : 07 April 2008 01:55:01(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Thanks Frank,

I do not have an urgent requirement for HSI-88 as WDP is servicing me very well.. I just thought that it would help to open up your market.. Anyway this link is in English:
http://www.ldt-infocente...i88_befehlssatz_engl.zip

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline fvri  
#78 Posted : 07 April 2008 11:35:36(UTC)
fvri

Hi Adrian,

Ok thanks for the link!

Regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#79 Posted : 08 April 2008 20:31:59(UTC)
frankie

I have completed the synchronization between LC and my CS of the signal/turnouts of my, relatively small, layout everything seem to work and I also tested a couple of routes.
Apart from the uncouplers for which Frank already knows, everything runs smoothly.
I nice feature would be to have the layout in full screen when set in running mode, what you think?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#80 Posted : 08 April 2008 20:46:30(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

Ok thanks for the good news regardless of the uncouplers. But, I'm working on it.

Thus with "full screen in operation mode" you mean the LC window should be maximized automatically to the size of the desktop. And when going back to edit mode to its previous window size.

Would it also be a nice feature to save a layout configuration setup for different train dialogs when LC operates in operation mode?

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Ciao,
Frank

Offline dntower85  
#81 Posted : 08 April 2008 21:41:03(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
He is another feature that would be good,
An event timer that would trigger actions just like a feed back item. The timer could be triggered by a feed back item then after a set time the actions under the timer would be executed.
I feel bad about even asking, the program is excellent as it is. So don't worry about trying to add it as you shouldn't get bogged down with "Feature Creep"

DT
Offline Webmaster  
#82 Posted : 08 April 2008 22:17:25(UTC)
Webmaster

Kinda like "return signal to red after 10 secs after it has turned green" - as I suggested to Juergen Freiwald for Railroad & Co many years ago?
Meaning - after a train has started/left a block signal it should automatically turn "red" again to prevent any "passing through" by mistake...
I think Juergen also implemented that feature... I was a betatester at that time for the 6021 unit, and he managed to get the serial communication right with the 6021 with a bit of help from me since he didn't have one of his own back then... wink
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline frankie  
#83 Posted : 08 April 2008 22:20:55(UTC)
frankie

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by fvri
<br />Hi Alessandro,

Ok thanks for the good news regardless of the uncouplers. But, I'm working on it.

Thus with "full screen in operation mode" you mean the LC window should be maximized automatically to the size of the desktop. And when going back to edit mode to its previous window size.

Would it also be a nice feature to save a layout configuration setup for different train dialogs when LC operates in operation mode?

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Ciao,
Frank

Not really automatically, but something you can select, otherwise run mode will be only in full screen.
Even the possibility to close the tree view on the left would be just fine.
Regarding the train dialogs, I haven't really catched, but sounds good!
You can save the same table more times with different trains, is that what you mean?
Another aestetic one, I have changed the background to a light green and the tracks to a darker tone, but the turnouts remained gray as default.
Ciao,
Alessandro
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline nevw  
#84 Posted : 09 April 2008 02:19:27(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Frank,
Just downloaded the program. Layout is just digital with Turnouts electrically operated, but no decoders yet and no blocks or signals.. Planned for the future.
But will set it up to control 3 trains thru the CS. ONce set up will get Adrian to bring the ECOS out.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline fvri  
#85 Posted : 09 April 2008 11:35:21(UTC)
fvri

Hi all,

<u>Darrin: </u>
No problem at all I'm not yet in the "Feature Creep".

As stated before I think most basic things for computer control of model railroads are in LC now. Now it is becoming fun for me...Smile
I appreciate it a lot the feedback and requests I'm getting on/for LC. I don't focus on any existing products, this is bad and good therefore feedback of your side is more than welcome. I can try to implement shortcomings of other products. But, time is not on my side...biggrin

Yes, this timerevent is something I had tought already about. I will make a proposal and sent it to you.

<u>Alessandro:</u>
Thanks for your new feedback. Sorry... but I must confess I'm not really a GUI manSmile. Still a lot could be improved. But, I will do my best to implement your feature requests. This evening I will work on the uncoupler problems you are still facing...

<u>Nev:</u>
Thank you for your interest in LC!
You can use LC in a minimalistic -leight way. I'm also preparing a "Quick users manual".

There is no need to configure your entire layout in LC to control switch objects and train objects. But, it is nicer to follow your trains and easier to control the switch objects(turnouts, signals, etc...) when the model railroad is fully configured in LC's gridlayout.
Trains you can control via "Train Control" Dialogs (see screenshots on my website) and switch objects via "Keyboard" dialogs (simulate the real keyboard devices with pushbuttons[green/red buttons]).

Nev, I have received your email, yes some bug was introduced in the latest version when creating catalog objects. I will fix it asap. Thanks for the report.

Suggestions, remarks, bug reports [}:)] are always welcome!

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#86 Posted : 09 April 2008 14:41:20(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Due to a bug that was introduced in version 1.0.0.10 regarding the creation of a catalog object(train object), I was forced to release a version 1.0.0.11. Thanks Nev!

As I have focused lately on the import of train objects from the digital system ECoS/CS, I didn't take care enough regarding creating new catalog objects in LC before exporting them to the CS/ECoS.

Alessandro, in this release the turnout color should follow the trackitem color set in the Layout Settings of LC.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#87 Posted : 09 April 2008 15:10:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Ah interesting Frank, that you say you were having troubles with the creation of train objects. The other night I put my Marklin Tee Rheinpfel 26540 E112 on my layout for the first time. Being an mfx model, I let it load up into the CS, then imported the new loco into LC, and created a new Train object. When I clicked on the new train object in LC I received an unhandled exception error. Tonight, LC has been running OK, but I have not been using that particular loco. LC version is 1.0.0.10, so I will now try v1.0.0.11.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#88 Posted : 09 April 2008 15:21:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Upgrading to v1.0.0.11, deleting the existing object, and importing it again from the CS seems to have fixed the problem.
Offline fvri  
#89 Posted : 09 April 2008 15:24:36(UTC)
fvri

Hi Dave,

Ok, thanks for your very fast feedback!

Sorry... but it seems I'm getting in a phase where new bugs are introduced by fixing others...Smile.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#90 Posted : 11 April 2008 02:49:39(UTC)
fvri

Hi all,

I have just released v1.0.0.12 of LC.

This version should tackle the uncoupler problem Alessandro experienced in LC.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#91 Posted : 11 April 2008 11:07:08(UTC)
frankie

Thanks for your hard work, Frank, I will test it during the week end and let you know.
I feel bad, reading the time of your post[:I]
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#92 Posted : 11 April 2008 11:35:53(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

Don't feel bad.Smile We all have to multiplex our valuable time!
I love it working on LC,biggrin which is not always appreciated by my wife.[}:)]

But, I also want to give asap respons to problems reported in the field. Luckly, I have a layout containing a lot of digital devices but unfortunately I can't cover everything especially for testing. Therefore I appreciate it a lot all the feedback I can get.

I myself feel sometimes bad that I produce a lot of versions.[:I]
But, I don't think/hope an upgrade of LC is hard to do. I myself don't upgrade versions of things that do everything I ask therefore it is always important to read the latest changes I have made to LC. You can always read them on the News page of my website or in the ReadMe.txt from the Downloads page.

Ciao,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#93 Posted : 11 April 2008 21:10:17(UTC)
frankie

Yeaaah! Uncoupler work, turnouts have the same colour of track, nice job mate!
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#94 Posted : 12 April 2008 00:31:23(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the testing and the quick feedback on the uncoupler operation in LC.

Ciao,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#95 Posted : 18 April 2008 12:14:05(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Version 1.0.0.13 is available for download...

Added the following features:

1. Delay time parameter in the Actions/Conditions dialog:

UserPostedImage

By setting a delay parameter (&gt;0), when the feedback item becomes occupied the actions will only be executed after the delay time value has passed. LC must then run in 'Automatic' operation mode.

2. Full Grid Layout option:

UserPostedImage

Hides the Inspector, History and Properties Pages dialog. Can be useful when running in operation mode.
Offline dntower85  
#96 Posted : 20 April 2008 20:56:53(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Frank,

I tried the delay, and had strange results. it seems that the delay is between each action in the list. I tried this on one contact and set the delay to 500 ms, in the actions I have two trains, but depending on the conditions only the train crossing the contact will set the action which is set speed = 45. if train(1) is frist in the list allmost no time delay is sceen, the train instancly slows doen to its required speed. If it is second in the list about three seconds go by be fore the action occurs.

Neither seems to be related to 500ms
DT
Offline fvri  
#97 Posted : 20 April 2008 21:08:11(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

Oh... I must confess I didn't test it for the M6021/6051 setup. Needs to be investigated.

I will let you know asap I find something.

Frank
Offline dntower85  
#98 Posted : 20 April 2008 21:45:02(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
I still have the Readout time intrval for feedback decoders set to 1000 ms maybe this is what is effecting it. if i set it lower it somtimes misses the actions alltogether. It seems that if I dont have enough time set between the time interval and the nuber of actions it just misses it. for instance I have seven action so I think that it is takeing 700 ms to send all the actions. if I set the read out time lower than 700 it will try to send new actions befor the first actions have been exicuted. Am i right in the way i think that this is happining.

Anyway I do have tree trains running very well And Will post some video shortly.
DT
Offline fvri  
#99 Posted : 20 April 2008 22:08:14(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

I see in the LC code that commands are queued.

This means...
If you want a group of actions to be executed after x ms, the actions will only be executed after the actions already in the queue are all executed... But, this you have already figured out your self.wink Me [:I].

Thus, I could change priority and execute the actions that were set with a timer before the others (suspend the execution of these until the ones set with a timer are all executed).... I will see what I can do.

Thanks for your report!
Frank
Offline dntower85  
#100 Posted : 21 April 2008 02:19:28(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Three trains running by LocComander. http://darrintowers.com/...n/layout/LocComander.wmv

if it does not play corectly let it run though and then try it again.
DT