Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2014 06:08:31(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hi all,

I am doing some housekeeping on my mFX+ FAQ posts a) to maintain a semblence of completeness and currency but also b) in anticipation of some feature extensions (maybe in this years announcements)

I wish to ask for help with the following please..

- The following link is to an audio file of the SIFA aounancement (in German) , could sombody please transcribe and translate(to English) what it actually/literally states
Link to SIFA Audio .wav

- I am looking for a scan/photo of the English pages of the booklet that comes with a Steam mFX+ or Electric mFX+ loco (to add to the Diesel one already posted)

The CabMode feature (and mFX+) have not been talked about much since the first rush 9/10 months ago. If anyone has experiences that could aid others - as an FAQ entry, then I would like to here them.

TIA
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2014 08:51:19(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
The following link is to an audio file of the SIFA aounancement (in German)
The word is "Zwangsbremsung" (forced braking). This is not always (maybe never) a SIFA announcement. The driver made a mistake and the PZB (formerly known as INDUSI) stops the train.
The SIFA (advanced successor of dead man switch) may also stop the train - I don't know whether the same announcement also comes if the SIFA stops the train.

I presume the mfx+ cab imitation does not support PZB, so with the CS2 it's probably the SIFA only that can trigger this message.

AFAIK the announcement "Zwangsbremsung" is a feature of modern locos, older locos will sound a buzzer in that case.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2014 22:20:24(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The following link is to an audio file of the SIFA aounancement (in German)

I presume the mfx+ cab imitation does not support PZB, so with the CS2 it's probably the SIFA only that can trigger this message.

Thanks Tom,

This is the actual .wav file from the CS2 so I would hope Marklin have maintained some "pedegree"

If it does need to be qualified (e.g. should the same skin appear in a Diesel whose prototype predates PZB or SIFA) I would be interested in that perspective - and hope Marklin would note that in the models documentation if applicable.

Peter
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2014 22:22:31(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

- I am looking for a scan/photo of the English pages of the booklet that comes with a Steam mFX+ or Electric mFX+ loco (to add to the Diesel one already posted)

I have now received a copy of the manuals - many thanks

FYI. the purpose of this is so that users who have one type of loco, may have some reference if they use it to demo the other types
Peter