Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dimi194  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2013 08:04:37(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Got a call from my dealer the other day; the 2 MS2s I had ordered from start of 2012 (and associated power packs and control boxes), along with the 37695 Belgian Diesel and 78310 Forest Expansion Set have just arrived...
Over $1000! Blink
I'm not sure why Marklin treats our Australian orders with so much disregard... it shouldn't take 2 years for a MS2! (But at least it's here... but how to pay for it?!?! Good thing it's almost Christmas!)

And I found this on eBay (didn't win; would have made good as Thomas spare parts loco or an interesting collector's item)... but what is it??? Looks like a strange Br89/Thomas hybrid!
http://www.ebay.com.au/i...p;_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2013 08:13:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
And I found this on eBay (didn't win; would have made good as Thomas spare parts loco or an interesting collector's item)... but what is it???
On Stummi's Forum they call it "Gleiswarze" (track wart). A body from a German loco on the frame of the Thomas loco. There also is a strange looking V 60 on the same frame. Both were used in €100 discounter starter sets.

Traditionally a lot Märklin stuff arrives short before Xmas. I just received my last loco from my March 2011 pre-orders. 2012 is complete. One loco from 2013 pre-orders may still make it for Xmas.

Sometimes mail-order dealers have items in store for months so they can send a big parcel when everything has arrived. I don't know your dealer, but maybe it's not just Märklin to blame.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Dimi194  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2013 08:26:44(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
And I found this on eBay (didn't win; would have made good as Thomas spare parts loco or an interesting collector's item)... but what is it???
On Stummi's Forum they call it "Gleiswarze" (track wart). A body from a German loco on the frame of the Thomas loco. There also is a strange looking V 60 on the same frame. Both were used in €100 discounter starter sets.

Traditionally a lot Märklin stuff arrives short before Xmas. I just received my last loco from my March 2011 pre-orders. 2012 is complete. One loco from 2013 pre-orders may still make it for Xmas.

Sometimes mail-order dealers have items in store for months so they can send a big parcel when everything has arrived. I don't know your dealer, but maybe it's not just Märklin to blame.

Thanks! Certainly part of is that my dealer only gets 4 shipments from M* HQ each year, but they have no issues with sending things individually. I don't mind waiting for locos etc (and the 2013 items were on time per the delivery schedule), but for something as 'common' as a MS2, that has been in production for 3ish years, it seemed odd.

Thanks!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!