Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dick's mate  
#1 Posted : 14 November 2013 20:35:13(UTC)
Dick's mate

United Kingdom   
A friend has asked me to see if I can repair his loco. It is a BR.01 Pacific 4-6-2, probably from the '70's.

Under the tender is a small coil, which vibrates when it receives a signal from the right piece of track and drops the uncoupling hook.

The leads from the coil are very brittle and they have broken off where the disappear into the centre of the coil. Is it possible to obtain a replacement coil, it certainly doesn't appear in any present Marklin spares catalogue?

Offline BrandonVA  
#2 Posted : 14 November 2013 21:37:23(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: Dick's mate Go to Quoted Post
A friend has asked me to see if I can repair his loco. It is a BR.01 Pacific 4-6-2, probably from the '70's.

Under the tender is a small coil, which vibrates when it receives a signal from the right piece of track and drops the uncoupling hook.

The leads from the coil are very brittle and they have broken off where the disappear into the centre of the coil. Is it possible to obtain a replacement coil, it certainly doesn't appear in any present Marklin spares catalogue?

Hello,

The model is most likely Marklin 3026, which was BR01 with telex (automatic uncoupling). I believe GN800, F800, 3026 and 3027 sound all use the same part.

I am not sure the exact part for 3026, but I suspect it is similar (or the same) to 3047 (BR44 with telex). If this is the case, 212500 is the part you want. You will probably have to hunt around a bit. I do not think Marklin carries this part anymore, but some dealers or ebay may have it.

You could look on ebay.de, and possibly find one. If nothing is available, a saved search may find it over time. Sometimes the whole tender sells, which would be one way to replace it. While not very economical, it may be the only option.

Hope this helps.

-Brandon
Offline Markus Schild  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2013 22:27:51(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,

The uncoupler is not controlled by any track. It is connected to the reversing-switch inside the locomotive. This relay switches the direction and the coupler. It has four steps: Forward- Forward uncoupling - Reverse - Reverse uncoupling. It switches every time the loco gets a pulse of ~24V. While switching the loco can make a very small jump. If this does not work, don't try anything, please ask again before touching. These relays must be handled very careful.

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline BrandonVA  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2013 22:32:57(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Thanks Markus. I wasn't sure if we are talking about the reverse coil or the little coil for the telex magnet, I chose the latter. Perhaps pictures would help.

-Brandon
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 15 November 2013 04:08:51(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
And if the problem is te telex coil, here is the part:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/M...&hash=item53fc72a2e8
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Markus Schild  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2013 08:57:56(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
And if the problem is te telex coil, here is the part:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/M...&hash=item53fc72a2e8

Hi,

unfortunately the 214050 is the part used in V60 (260) (3065 ff) and BR 81 (3031 ff). It does not fit for the large steamers. As Brandon wrote 212500 is the right spare-part.

Regards

Markus

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Dick's mate  
#7 Posted : 19 November 2013 00:34:05(UTC)
Dick's mate

United Kingdom   
All

Thanks for your responses. It is definitely the uncoupler coil.

Markus is right, the coil is very small, about 12mm diameter, with very fine wires.

Looks like I'll have to be lucky on Ebay.

Regards

Dave