Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fhp2  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2013 14:41:10(UTC)
fhp2

France   
Hello,
I am trying to wire a marklin HO C track turnout in order to make it a detection section by occupancy.
To do this, i got tips from another forum to use a relay to change the ground rail depending on the state of the turnout (going straight or deviating).
The external straight rail is isolated from the other pieces of tracks on the right and on the left by using the isolation caps at each end.
Of course, below the turnout, the bridges linking the external rails are cut.
Then the rails going toward the center of the turnout are also isolated by cutting the metal link between them and the moving rails.
Then i have to wire the relay. The permanent wire ( the center one or number 2) is linked to the center part of the turnout (the metal frog). The 2 other wires are linked , one to the external rail (the one already isolated) of the straight part of the turnout, and the other wire to the external rail of the deviated part of the turnout.
Now is my question about how to connect the relay so that it commutes in coordination with the turnout ?
I am using integrated decoders (the one that goes beneath the turnout in C tracks), and not the K83 module, so i don't know how to wire the relay with the decoder...?

Thank you for your help, Francois.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by fhp2