Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Armando  
#101 Posted : 22 October 2012 03:09:59(UTC)
Armando

United States   
If the folks at Marklin are going to release yet another Re 4/4 again this year (yes, for the nth time!), please let it be with sounds.

I would also love to see a retooling of the Swedish Da and Rc locomotives, in full metal jacket, and in era 3. A reissue of retooled SJ passenger coaches (era III) wouldn't hurt either, hopefully in correct 1:87 scale (I know I'm daydreaming).

How about releasing replicas of 3045, 3046 and 3047?

Will we ever see a retooling of the Ram Tee 4-coach train, in full metal jacket, and hopefully, at full correct scale??

If technically feasible, I would like to see a C-track double-slip wide-angle crossing to go with the wide angle turnouts.

I wouldn't mind purchasing another Glass Train, if it came out in its original era II livery.

Any new Big Boys will always be welcomed to my collection BigGrin

Cheers!

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#102 Posted : 22 October 2012 05:59:42(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
How about releasing replicas of 3045, 3046 and 3047?

I wouldn't say no to that!

Offline SCWHIPPLE  
#103 Posted : 22 October 2012 17:58:52(UTC)
SCWHIPPLE

United States   
I would like to see the Central Station include run time data for each locomotive. That way I could know when to service them, before they start to grind!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SCWHIPPLE
Offline kimballthurlow  
#104 Posted : 22 October 2012 23:26:09(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: SCWHIPPLE Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the Central Station include run time data for each locomotive. That way I could know when to service them, before they start to grind!!

Best suggestion yet, thanks S.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kbvrod  
#105 Posted : 22 October 2012 23:30:09(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Best suggestion yet, thanks S.regards
Kimball

Hi all,
There is software that already does this.It also does this in the prototype.

Dr D

Offline SCWHIPPLE  
#106 Posted : 23 October 2012 16:04:57(UTC)
SCWHIPPLE

United States   
kbvrod - where in there is this software? Is it something that has to be downloaded into the CS2?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SCWHIPPLE
Offline kbvrod  
#107 Posted : 23 October 2012 17:11:38(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi,SCWHIPPLE,all,

> where in there is this software? Is it something that has to be downloaded into the CS2?<

First,I think your idea for 'clock' for loks in the CS2 is a great one!

The software I mentioned is for computer control(Railroad&Co.),when I was helping Herr Freiwald(many years ago!) two features he wanted to do was have a protoype 'function',say for a dampflok of coal/water consumption and also a actual running time for all model loks. I do not know if these features are still there,...

Web site: http://www.freiwald.com/pages/index.html

Dr D
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline mike c  
#108 Posted : 08 November 2012 20:09:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here's a few simple last minute additions to my wish list (model numbers are extrapolations of existing models):

43681 SBB Apm in new ICN colours (add-on coach for 43671) set http://www.railfaneurope...car/EC/Apm/110705022.jpg
43174 SBB WRm in new ICN colours (no pantograph) (add-on coach for 34671)
43682 (Set) SBB Apm and Bpm in Silver/Black (ex-Cisalpino coaches)
http://www.railfaneurope...BB_61_85_10-90_259-5.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope...BB_61_85_20-90_323-7.jpg

Regards

Mike C
Offline kc6uvm_George  
#109 Posted : 15 November 2012 06:03:01(UTC)
kc6uvm_George

United States   
Evening all:

While eating gummi bears, and reading through my newest Märklin catalogs, and having last run my Märklin trains a few decades ago, the C-track line looks like a nice improvement over the older M-track line. My old M-track is getting cleaned up for reuse in an upcoming/future layout. It's just that Momma don't know I'm planning a new layout... Sneaky

But, as previously suggested, IMHO the C-track line is need of improvement in the availability of a bigger variety of partial sections, a pair of curved switches for the R5 & R4 radii and a double slip switch and a wye that matches the frog angle of the 24711/24712 switches.

But, I'm just wondering, if anyone from Märklin's product development and marketing teams actually reads any of our posts? OhMyGod

George,
73 de kc6uvm
NMRA life member
Lancaster, CA
Offline H0  
#110 Posted : 15 November 2012 07:54:44(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: kc6uvm_George Go to Quoted Post
IMHO the C-track line is need of improvement in the availability of a bigger variety of partial sections
There are straight tracks in many different lengths - and with those you can make nearly everything.
But I admit that I need the help of a track planning program for more complicated cases.

Its a different approach than with M track where they had a standard length (18 cm) and fractions from that.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline jeehring  
#111 Posted : 15 November 2012 11:35:33(UTC)
jeehring

Just a too good idea !
As mentionned by KBVROD : both a model maintenance & a prototype maintenance , both clearly separated.
An automatic registration on which we could find a list of models with the most used model in top of the list, etc....
Only the CS2 could know how long we have been running each lok...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline kimballthurlow  
#112 Posted : 15 November 2012 12:37:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

Just a too good idea !
As mentionned by KBVROD : both a model maintenance & a prototype maintenance , both clearly separated.
An automatic registration on which we could find a list of models with the most used model in top of the list, etc....

Brilliant, Roland. ThumpUp

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline DamonKelly  
#113 Posted : 15 November 2012 13:26:53(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

Just a too good idea !

The decoder should record that -- it knows how long its loco has run (and speeds etc...)
I know -- this requires (perhaps) some new hardware in the decoder, and hence older decoders won't be able to do it, but it's still a good idea.
Cheers,
Damon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DamonKelly
Offline kc6uvm_George  
#114 Posted : 15 November 2012 17:17:31(UTC)
kc6uvm_George

United States   

Quote:
There are straight tracks in many different lengths - and with those you can make nearly everything.
But I admit that I need the help of a track planning program for more complicated cases.

I forgot to specify that I was looking for curved track in shorter lengths and different radii... Blushing

I suppose I could saw the sections for the length I'd want if I really had to, but....

For track layout software, I'm using AnyRail. Check out the URL @ http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html It's a free fully working download to try out and $60.00 to register. It's better than the Märklin plastic templete I used during the '70s. ThumpUp
George,
73 de kc6uvm
NMRA life member
Lancaster, CA
Offline H0  
#115 Posted : 16 November 2012 08:47:41(UTC)
H0

I forgot to specify that I was looking for curved track in shorter lengths and different radii... Blushing
Well, there are some old wishes on the list: a 24903 that brings a 24912 to 15° and an R10 parallel curve for R9 (or R8).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline NS1200  
#116 Posted : 18 November 2012 12:38:12(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Would like to see a Hobby version of the Br64 at around Euro 120,-.
The Hobby versions of the Br24 and Br74 offer excellent value for money.
The current versions of the Br64 are much too expensive!
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline BrandonVA  
#117 Posted : 19 November 2012 15:26:26(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Would like to see a Hobby version of the Br64 at around Euro 120,-.
The Hobby versions of the Br24 and Br74 offer excellent value for money.
The current versions of the Br64 are much too expensive!

Any additional hobby/my world locs would be great IMO.
Offline pserup  
#118 Posted : 19 November 2012 21:15:20(UTC)
pserup

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see:
1.A new Alco Pa-1
2.Cars for my Alco Pa-1 Southern Pacific
3.Streamline cars for my F7,s

Almost agree, but would modify slightly to say:
1. B-units for existing PA-1s, beginning with UP and ATSF
2. Yes, would be nice and/or for Milwaukee Road F7
3. Yellow UP passenger cars for my PA-1 and F7 dittos

Lastly, a Challenger Drool ... for all I care they can keep the Big Boy in the program but I have one and I love it, but I ain't buying another. Smoke deflectors or no smoke deflectors!
CS, Denmark/Germany Ep. I - V, Switzerland Ep. II - V, USA Ep. III/IV
Offline mbarreto  
#119 Posted : 19 November 2012 21:30:00(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hello all,

My main wish seems will be a reality: the swiss crocs CE6/8 II (or BE6/8 II).

Next wish is BR18.4 (more important) and BR96 (slightly less priority) with totally new tooling.

Ee3/3 with sound.

I would like a new version of code for CS2 that supports RailComm (if possible) and also a new app for iPad with user interface similar to the new Roco one.

Telex couplers in the locomotives I mentioned above.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#120 Posted : 25 November 2012 14:01:01(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Rumor is still alive that M should releases Dm3 with some type of ore wagon next year LOL
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline jeehring  
#121 Posted : 25 November 2012 15:30:31(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

....also a new app for iPad with user interface similar to the new Roco one.

...oh no, have you really seen the Roco user interface ???
The current user interface of the CS 2 is 100 hundred times better , she was designed for train users, while the Roco interface is an adaptation of something existing ....
But what are you talking about exactly : the picture of the driver cabins ?......only another I-apps displayed on a secondary touchpad ?

Please Marklin: keep on making centrales with integrated screen..I prefer to have one centrally positionned screen and knobs on which we can connect wireless touchpad....
The solution made by Roco with one ugly box on which you have to connect touchpad is an economic choice, because cheaper to study and manufacture, the choice of the main screen is delegated to another manufacturer .

.. really..... I prefer a station with a main screen from which you will have the possibility to connect additional displays for apps, it is much more comfortable for the user.
(On the CS2 the screen is an expensive part to produce....It will be a cheap solution if Marklin abandons the integrated display....I'm affraid they planned to do it....Mad ThumbDown )
Actually CS2 is the most ergonomic centrale on the market...(ergonomically designed ).
Offline foumaro  
#122 Posted : 25 November 2012 17:22:46(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: pserup Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see:
1.A new Alco Pa-1

Lastly, a Challenger Drool ... for all I care they can keep the Big Boy in the program but I have one and I love it, but I ain't buying another. Smoke deflectors or no smoke deflectors!

Perfect ideas,i fully agree with you.LOL Love ThumpUp Wub
Offline mike c  
#123 Posted : 26 November 2012 05:02:49(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Has anybody made a model of the EL2 (LEW DDR) in HO yet? Would this be a model that would be of interest to anybody?

It's not my thing at all, but it is a cool looking beast.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEW_EL_2
http://www.railfaneurope.../1214%2B1255-Profen1.jpg

Regards

Mike C
Offline danmarklinman  
#124 Posted : 09 December 2012 23:36:55(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see.

BR44 new tooling.
BR03 new tooling.
Reproduction Diesel Warship.
Wireless MS2.
Sprung Buffers on locomotives.

I would like Marklin to make a set of new wagons types which run through the channel tunnel,such as STVA transporters for the UK gauge, a TGVR set and a SNCF CC14100
danmarklinman attached the following image(s):
ho-111__20ho-112.jpg
28022009.jpg
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#125 Posted : 29 December 2012 16:47:06(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I received news email from a vendor north of Sweden today.

It telling that they will present Märklin/Trix 2013 news around 9-11 January, and they also writing the decade of highlight.

Dm3 Drool or Crying
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Armando  
#126 Posted : 29 December 2012 17:24:31(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: hqstu Go to Quoted Post
Well personally I think we're well overdue for a completely re-tooled, metal, LED, sound, whiz bang close coupling, blah blah:

TEE

We are indeed overdue. It could be released as a replica, like they have done with recent reproductions of models from the 60's. Or if a re-tooling, let it be in metal and at full H0 scale length (otherwise, why bother?)
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline foumaro  
#127 Posted : 29 December 2012 18:51:46(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: pserup Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see:
1.A new Alco Pa-1

Very nice proposals you have here my friend.I hope someone of marklin marketing team reading this forum.Love
Offline Western Pacific  
#128 Posted : 29 December 2012 20:23:03(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
I received news email from a vendor north of Sweden today.

It telling that they will present Märklin/Trix 2013 news around 9-11 January, and they also writing the decade of highlight.

Dm3 Drool or Crying

Jonas,

I guess you meant "highlight of the decade", that is at least what the Swedish says in an eMail I got from a shop in northern Sweden - I guess from the same shop as you got yours.

I agree with you that in order to qualify as something exceptional, then it must be an entirely new model, and given the situation in Sweden I can only come up with a handful of candidates, two of which have already been produced by Roco - Dm3 and Iore. Given the choice between them, I would bet on Dm3, given its 1920ies design roots, but actually built from the 1950ies to the early 1970ies it is a sort of a 'Crocodile of the North'. Whereas Iore is just a TRAXX family member.

Otherwise the only models I could think of would be X2 or SJ2000 (but Jeco has released that this year (2012), so the market could be close to saturated); then the two remaining candidates in my mind would be X55 or SJ3000 (and coming years variants X50 - X54 in various liveries could be made) or SL X60 for the commuter train service "Pendeltåg" of the Stockholm region (and coming years variants X61 - X62 in various liveries could be made).

Livery versions of TRAXX engines would not qualify as an exceptional new model, even if there could be a couple that could be made for the Swedish market.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#129 Posted : 29 December 2012 21:58:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Well personally I think we're well overdue for a completely re-tooled, metal, LED, sound, whiz bang close coupling, blah blah:

We are indeed overdue. It could be released as a replica, like they have done with recent reproductions of models from the 60's. Or if a re-tooling, let it be in metal and at full H0 scale length (otherwise, why bother?)

Marklin have already done this - Marklin 39700 is the model number, released in 2002/2003. Trix have also released a 2 rail version.
Offline Armando  
#130 Posted : 29 December 2012 22:23:22(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Marklin have already done this - Marklin 39700 is the model number, released in 2002/2003. Trix have also released a 2 rail version.

39700 was regrettably made of plastic. It does not deserve to be counted as a "truly desirable" Märklin model. Moreover, it wasn't made to H0 scale length. A full-metal, retooled model, with sounds is indeed long overdue.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline mike c  
#131 Posted : 31 December 2012 03:59:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Neither the 39700 nor the Trix 22131 were made of metal. Both models were made of plastic. The 22131 was at least in 1/87 scale. The close coupling design of the new Trix model left a lot to be desired.
Personally, modellers in 3 rails have had the choice over the past years of various Roco, RailTop and LS Models versions in addition to the Trix offering. I would personally prefer to see the 6 coach version of the RAe Gottardo before another model of the RAm. It would be even better if they came up with a better close coupling design and lighting that included the WCs and ends of the coaches.

I am looking forward to the LSM model of the Gottardo in 2013 and hoping that it will be better engineered than previous models by Metropolitan (4Assi/Pocher), Lima, Rivarossi and Ma-Trix.

What would be nice to see from Maerklin to complement the new Krokodils would be corresponding Sputnik crew cars and K2 freight cars and EWI to go with the earlier Lightsteel coaches.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Armando  
#132 Posted : 31 December 2012 05:45:04(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

What would be nice to see from Maerklin to complement the new Krokodils would be corresponding Sputnik crew cars and K2 freight cars and EWI to go with the earlier Lightsteel coaches.

Regards

Mike C

I totally agree! Love
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#133 Posted : 31 December 2012 10:08:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Neither the 39700 nor the Trix 22131 were made of metal. Both models were made of plastic.

That's a shame! Not sure if I'll bother searching one (39700) out then. Hopefully Stu's wish will come true then!
Offline RayF  
#134 Posted : 31 December 2012 10:21:49(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I consider trains like the RAm and the Gottardo to be a train of coaches with integrated power units. We have no problems with all our other coaches being made of plastic, so what's the big deal about these? A full end-to-end metal train will be much heavier than the equivalent plastic one, needing more power to get it going.

Lets not be Metal "snobs". I like metal locos as much as the rest of you, but I also have many plastic locos which are superb models, and sometimes it's impossible to see the difference unless we pick them up.

It's the quality of construction which matters most, not the material used.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#135 Posted : 31 December 2012 11:03:27(UTC)
H0

39700 was regrettably made of plastic. It does not deserve to be counted as a "truly desirable" Märklin model.
It's the best RAm model Märklin ever made - with the IMHO best motor Märklin ever used.

Moreover, it wasn't made to H0 scale length.
Some complain about shortened models, some complain that full-length models cannot run on their existing layouts. But the powered car in 1:87 is really impressive.

A full-metal, retooled model, with sounds is indeed long overdue.
It seems that Märklin specializes in slightly shortened metal versions. So a new RAm tooling by Märklin (if it should come) would probably be around 1:94 (and therefore less impressive).
That would bring another dilemma: will they offer new Northlander versions? Collectors of the early versions will be very unhappy if they do - potential buyers of the new version will be very unhappy if they don't.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Fabrice  
#136 Posted : 07 January 2013 17:13:05(UTC)
Fabrice

Hi all,

Wishing a big update (3.0) for the CS2 software, which will allow blocks management thus a full automatic control of all locos.
No need anymore of a ...computer!

Regards,
Fabrice
User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#137 Posted : 08 January 2013 06:14:03(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
More dining and sleeping cars. Sets are OK, but single units are preferred.
Era II, please. Bauart = any.
UserPostedImage
Offline kc6uvm_George  
#138 Posted : 08 January 2013 08:15:18(UTC)
kc6uvm_George

United States   
I downloaded the Märklin catalog app for my iPhone a while back.

When I search for dealers in the USA (on the iPhone), there are only five dealers for the whole USA.

Searching on www.Marklin.com (US site) comes up with a whole many more dealers

What's the deal? Confused
George,
73 de kc6uvm
NMRA life member
Lancaster, CA
Offline jeehring  
#139 Posted : 13 January 2013 15:55:42(UTC)
jeehring

I would like a new tooling of the tender bath tube, if possible in metal ...
I saw the last MHI model of the P8 locomotive, the locomotive is so fine and so well detailed that it is shocking to see it in front of this old plastic tender of 30 or 40 years of age with its plastic coarse scales that are so thick....

Edited by user 13 January 2013 23:03:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline BrandonVA  
#140 Posted : 13 January 2013 16:05:41(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
After doing a lot of C-track planning in software, I wish they had few pieces: Something shorter than 64mm (30mm-ish), something really short (10mm-ish, but doubleful), and a C-track bumper without the little mount behind the buffer. I do appreciate how the bumpers are designed for carpet bahns and young drivers, as they will really stop anything from going off the track, but to me the extra 4cm or so it takes are a problem sometimes...and it doesn't look that great. Sure, I could use a dead-end and then use my own buffer solution, but I wish or something more like the K-track bumpers as far as size and flexibility...

As an aside, I am glad they have that R9 curve for the slim profile switches, it's pretty useful!

-Brandon
Offline Armando  
#141 Posted : 13 January 2013 17:42:39(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
After doing a lot of C-track planning in software
-Brandon

Hi Brandon,

What software are you using?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Armando  
#142 Posted : 13 January 2013 17:53:07(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I consider trains like the RAm and the Gottardo to be a train of coaches with integrated power units. We have no problems with all our other coaches being made of plastic, so what's the big deal about these? A full end-to-end metal train will be much heavier than the equivalent plastic one, needing more power to get it going.

Lets not be Metal "snobs". I like metal locos as much as the rest of you, but I also have many plastic locos which are superb models, and sometimes it's impossible to see the difference unless we pick them up.

There's absolutely no problem with a RAm in full metal. Both the VT11.5 and the Gottardo are made of metal. The newer "Blue Star Train", with 10 cars, will be made of metal. One of the aspects of Märklin products that most märklinists appreciate, I dare say, is the metal construction. What difference would it make then to purchase a China-made RAm from Roco, LSModels, etc., made of flimsy, cheap plastic, where all inside lighting and headlights would bleed through the walls? What added value would it have? I for one would never consider buying something like that. But that's just me, of course.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Webmaster  
#143 Posted : 13 January 2013 18:30:53(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
but I wish or something more like the K-track bumpers as far as size and flexibility...

Well, you can do it easily with K-bumpers and the 24001 C-track end pieces (10-pack)...
Some manual work must be done though...
The plastic cylinder that is supposed to hold the screw must be cut so it is approx at the same level as the the rail grabbers.
And some glue to secure the bumper to the track, since you don't want to drill a hole through the middle rail...

Takes about 1 min to do... Wink
Webmaster attached the following image(s):
k-bumper-on-C.jpg
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline mbarreto  
#144 Posted : 13 January 2013 19:17:50(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Webmaster suggestion is really the solution.
As we are talking of what we would like to see in 2013, one interesting thing to have would be
these end of line bumpers with effective springs that really dampen the train collision to the bumper.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Webmaster  
#145 Posted : 13 January 2013 20:23:11(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, I want a DRG version of the BR 94, and the new BR 58, and BR 56...

Must get a Märklin Dm3 too.... Sounds like another expensive year if all rumours are true...

Miguel, when it comes to "Federpuffer" on bumper stops, I think we should consider spare parts from eg Brawa or Liliput or such for modification of M bumper stops instead...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline mike c  
#146 Posted : 13 January 2013 20:24:19(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I downloaded the Märklin catalog app for my iPhone a while back.

When I search for dealers in the USA (on the iPhone), there are only five dealers for the whole USA.

Searching on www.Marklin.com (US site) comes up with a whole many more dealers

What's the deal? Confused

George,

The Marklin.com site was used when Marklin USA was in business. The site is still active, although I don't know how recently it was updated. Maerklin is now distributed in North America by Walthers and dealer information can be found at www.walthers.com. Theoretically, any Walthers' dealer can get Maerklin as they can order any product in the Walthers' catalog. What is sadly lacking is the number of dealers who actively stock Maerklin products, which I would say is probably around 30-40 across the country.
According to your post, you are based in Lancaster, CA. I don't know too much about the LA area. I do know there are a couple in the San Francisco area.
I am also not familiar with the iPhone Catalog or other Maerklin apps, but I stand by my estimate of 30-40 stocking dealers, including the following major ones:

Hartmann Model RR NH
EuroModelTrains NJ
Modellbahn Ott PA
Helmut's Hobbies VA
Tototrains KS
Sunbird Train Mart CO
Micro Macro Mundo FL
Discount Trains FL
AJCKids TX
Reynauld's IL
RJFTrains NY (Mail Order)
Walthers WI

Canada
John's Photo ON
Westend Trains ON
Eurorailhobbies BC
Hobbytech AB

If I have forgotten anybody, please forgive me and add the name to the list

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#147 Posted : 13 January 2013 20:42:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

There's absolutely no problem with a RAm in full metal. Both the VT11.5 and the Gottardo are made of metal. The newer "Blue Star Train", with 10 cars, will be made of metal. One of the aspects of Märklin products that most märklinists appreciate, I dare say, is the metal construction. What difference would it make then to purchase a China-made RAm from Roco, LSModels, etc., made of flimsy, cheap plastic, where all inside lighting and headlights would bleed through the walls? What added value would it have? I for one would never consider buying something like that. But that's just me, of course.

One advantage of a metal RAm would hopefully be that the pilot coach would remain on the rails. The original 3070/3071/3471/39700 had a notorious problem where the pilot coach would derail when leading due to insufficient weight over the outer bogie. The slider would basically lift the coach off the tracks at switches and crossings.

I managed to get the RailTop model and I have no regrets. The model is in plastic, but it has lived up to all my expectations. I did not get the Roco model as I already had the RT model, but I understand that that model is very nice as well.

Since the 1970s, most Maerklin coaches have been in plastic. Most of the locomotives have continued to be made in diecast. Metal has it's advantages but also has it's drawbacks. I don't want to get into the whole debate about which is better. Leave it to say that most plastic models today do not weigh less than metal models. The plastic models usually have a diecast chassis and weights . The classic Maerklin RAm also had a plastic shell, even on the motor unit. The difference is that more modern productions by other companies have been rendered in much more elaborate detail. I have learned to appreciate these details and value plastic models as much as my metal ones.
My RailTop/LSM model does not appear to be made of flimsy, cheap plastic and I have not seen any light bleeding through the nose of the train like my old 3071 used to do.
So, before you throw out the baby with the bathwater, it may be a good idea to take a closer look and give it another chance.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
H0RayF
Offline RayF  
#148 Posted : 13 January 2013 22:27:38(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Mike, on my 3071 I took out the rear slider altogether when I converted it to digital to avoid the complication of the slider changeover. The driving trailer now tracks perfectly whether leading or trailing. I don't use insulated sections at signals, so I don't miss the advantage of a rear slider.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline mbarreto  
#149 Posted : 13 January 2013 22:54:12(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

Miguel, when it comes to "Federpuffer" on bumper stops, I think we should consider spare parts from eg Brawa or Liliput or such for modification of M bumper stops instead...

I think it is a way of doing it and it looks prototypical, but I think a stronger (metal with stronger springs) was preferable.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline pn  
#150 Posted : 13 January 2013 23:04:02(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Hi,

I'd like to see from Märklin a Trix new items brochure with the same locomotive models as in Märklin's version. Well, with one third I (most likely a lot more 2 rail fans) would be happy LOL

Anyway, looking at the size of the Trix new items brochures and catalogs in recent years, I guess this is just wishful thinking.

Pedro