Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2012 07:47:53(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I have the Maerklin carriage set 42765 but I believe it is really Trix rebranded Maerklin. Reason the Bogies are held on by a circlip.

I had to remove the Bogie to re-set the Drawbar and Coupling.

RE-installing the bogie (incidently you need 3-4 hands) the Circlip went flying and cannot be found after 3 days of searching.

Has any-one have one or 3 of these or know where we can get one or 3 and the part number if from Mother M.

Pickie of bogie and the offending item:

Edited by user 14 August 2012 00:18:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Lollo  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2012 08:07:57(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi Nev,

Try your local Photocopier company. I work for Konica Minolta NZ, and our machines are full of circlips ( E-clips) of all sizes, many of which are very small.
They will most likely have machines that are being dumped/recycled for scrap. They might let you rob bits.
They come in handy for motors, wiring, connectors for your model railway.
I have wired my layout mostly using wiring from old photocopiers.
Just did a search on Google, and a lot of Hobby RC stores have them, so check out your local RC hobby store.
See here, http://www.amainhobbies....s=E-clip&x=6&y=7

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline kariosls37  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2012 12:33:10(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
Another option could be an engineering hardware supply store. They will certainly have them in larger sizes, and may have small ones too. just take one of the clips along and they will be able to tell you wether they can get them.

Good luck
Rick
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kariosls37
Offline Renato  
#4 Posted : 12 August 2012 17:19:23(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Nev,

Try to catch it with a magnet attached to a wooden stick moved all around the floor where you missed it.

Only a suggestion.

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 12 August 2012 17:41:26(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
and with a full power lamp.....after being in such problems many times, now the floor of my working area is the cleanest and shiniest area of my house... :)
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2012 18:19:19(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The magnet trick is an effective way to locating a part like this.

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline nevw  
#7 Posted : 13 August 2012 00:02:21(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Renato Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nev,

Try to catch it with a magnet attached to a wooden stick moved all around the floor where you missed it.

Only a suggestion.

Cheers

Renato

Thanks Renato, But I have the Tee Shirt for that. I have a very powerful small magnet on a Non-magnetic stick. went all over the carpet where it may have ended up and a wider area as well as the desk top.

Nev

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 13 August 2012 00:03:54(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
and with a full power lamp.....after being in such problems many times, now the floor of my working area is the cleanest and shiniest area of my house... :)

Sigh, a cluttered desk and a fluffy carpet Sigh.......Blink Scared OhMyGod

Offline kbvrod  
#9 Posted : 13 August 2012 01:17:15(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Old jewelers trick Nev?RollEyes
Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 13 August 2012 01:23:11(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrinRollEyes RollEyes RollEyes ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline kbvrod  
#11 Posted : 13 August 2012 01:50:03(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Originally Posted by: nevw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrinRollEyes RollEyes RollEyes ThumpUp

I forget too,....BigGrin

Dr D(me knees!)

Offline cookee_nz  
#12 Posted : 13 August 2012 05:11:59(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nev,

Try your local Photocopier company. I work for Konica Minolta NZ, and our machines are full of circlips ( E-clips) of all sizes, many of which are very small.
They will most likely have machines that are being dumped/recycled for scrap. They might let you rob bits.
They come in handy for motors, wiring, connectors for your model railway.
I have wired my layout mostly using wiring from old photocopiers.
Just did a search on Google, and a lot of Hobby RC stores have them, so check out your local RC hobby store.
See here, http://www.amainhobbies....s=E-clip&x=6&y=7

Cheers,
Brian.

Great minds eh Brian? - just what I was going to suggest.

Actually Nev, I have several containers of c-clips from office equipment (also my line of work) and may well have what you need among them.

Now I'm, reluctant to ask this, but are you able to measure the other one to give the dimensions? - it will mean removing it of course and the risk of a second fly-by, but to help you with that I do suggest always having a white sheet, pillow-case etc under you and when releasing the clip, ensure it's facing so that it flies down onto your work surface rather than trying to stun circling blowflies - only Mr Miyagi can do that trick!!

You might need a magnifying glass and a micrometer would sure help - I bought one of those cheap plastic $10 jobs but it's ideal for this kind of thing.

This link will show you a page with some example c-clips, yours may even be one of these listed, there are not actually that many and Marklin will be wanting to keep their parts-holdings to a reasonable level so are likely (hopefully) to use an already-existing part.

Hope this helps

Steve
Wellington
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline nevw  
#13 Posted : 13 August 2012 06:36:23(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Ta COOKIE, will measure tomorrow. The Battery has Gone Flat.
Not going to remove the other BUT will measure the Shaft.
Nev
Offline Ian555  
#14 Posted : 13 August 2012 07:52:30(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Nev,

Had a look in the Train Room, but it's not over here. LOL

Ian.

Offline nevw  
#15 Posted : 13 August 2012 09:05:16(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nev,

Had a look in the Train Room, but it's not over here. LOL

Ian.

Ian, thanks if it is not in that pile of Gravel that you have outside then it must have flown further
than i thort, may be in Iceland or Sweden. Bummer. Cursing
Offline NZMarklinist  
#16 Posted : 13 August 2012 15:44:11(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi Nev,
Do you have J Car Stores up there in Qld ?? Could be worth a try. Take the Coach in with you and see if you can find a match Wink Smile

Looking at your pic I can see the "Marklin" "Stamp" is a stick on label so they're not made in moulds at M Blink

The other give away for Trix Wagens, is they often have plastic handrails by the doors. (Rather than moulded in or Metal ones for Marklin ThumpUp)

I bought the M42755 "Orient Express Set", which I believe is also Trix made, in 2008 and the first time I picked one of the Coaches out of the box, a handrail fell off, I must check & see if they have the spindle pin for the bogies. I bought the Set to run on our Modular layout but I'm a bit Scared lest I only get to bring half of the Coaches home ThumbDown
Luckily the Lok, (Baden IVh M39021) is a beaut ThumpUp

Good luck with finding a Circlip Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline river6109  
#17 Posted : 13 August 2012 16:34:13(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I would just put it in the hard basket and forget aboutLOL

Jacques I guess would have plenty of them, I had one but can't find it.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline nevw  
#18 Posted : 14 August 2012 00:20:35(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks all for the help. I have one coming but I will try J cars and see if they have any. Gets measured today to see size and buy some.

N
Offline cookee_nz  
#19 Posted : 14 August 2012 05:09:40(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: nevw Go to Quoted Post
Thanks all for the help. I have one coming but I will try J cars and see if they have any. Gets measured today to see size and buy some.

N

Hey Nev, good to hear you are making progress.

I'm curious about your opening original statement "Reason the Bogies are held on by a circlip" - are you saying you suspect it is Trix because of the circlip?

I presume you are comparing with the more recent plastic-bottom coaches where the trucks are just clipped in but of course the older tinplate coaches always had circlips.

Is it a metal mounting stud and metal base (floor) or all plastic?, (or both)

Just curious

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline nevw  
#20 Posted : 14 August 2012 09:42:23(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Cookie,
reason I said Trix was because the Marklin Label os Glued on over TRIX moulded into the Plastic.

It has a part metal post to anchor the bogie otherwise all Plastic with a weight inside..

N
Offline RayF  
#21 Posted : 14 August 2012 13:01:58(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Great that you've solved the problem, Nev!

In my previous job as a broadcast engineer, losing a circlip was a regular feature of servicing VTRs.

We kept a box of circlips of various sizes handy just for that reason.

UserPostedImage

BTW, this kit is available by mail order from RS components.

http://uk.rs-online.com/.../p/circlip-kits/0523171/
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Drongo  
#22 Posted : 14 August 2012 14:48:27(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Great that you've solved the problem, Nev!

In my previous job as a broadcast engineer, losing a circlip was a regular feature of servicing VTRs.

We kept a box of circlips of various sizes handy just for that reason.

UserPostedImage

BTW, this kit is available by mail order from RS components.

http://uk.rs-online.com/.../p/circlip-kits/0523171/

Nev, RS Components operate in Australia and are online. I've used them a few times and I've found them to be very reliable and reasonably priced. The last thing I bought from them was 500 metres of wire for wiring up my s88's.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo