Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline suga andri  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2012 10:37:21(UTC)
suga andri

Hi All,

I am planning to build layout based on Noch mittenwald design.

when i put the noch mittenwald original design on software there is a gap on track design (track wont fit)

so i customize a bit, and get the result that only minimized the gap..

I'd appreciate it if someone look it over to ensure that the proposed layout is feasible. i don't want end up buying the track and get no fix.

any suggestion is appreciated.

i attach my design too.

regards,
suga

spec :
software : SCARM
track : marklin C-Track
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/92cki[/img]
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/qefs8[/img]

File Attachment(s):
mittenwald3.rar (3kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
suga andri attached the following image(s):
mittenwald3.jpg
mittenwald3_track.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by suga andri
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2012 15:08:14(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: suga andri Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

when i put the noch mittenwald original design on software there is a gap on track design (track wont fit)

I'd appreciate it if someone look it over to ensure that the proposed layout is feasible. i don't want end up buying the track and get no fix.

i attach my design too.

regards,
suga

spec :

Hi Suga,

From my experience with a different diagram editor, and looking at your own design, I would suggest that the gap is so close that there would be more than enough 'give' in the track to make that join perfectly without any kinks or other distortions.

I suspect this may be more the accuracy of the software than a limitation of the track. Although C track is a nice snug fit, what you have essentially is an 's' bend over a number of track lengths and my personal feeling is that they will all join up nicely.

I'm interested in what others think and happy to be proven wrong if someone spots something I've missed.

Good luck

Regards

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline witzlerh  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2012 16:49:12(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I use WINTRACk and have designed and built a few small temporary layouts. I do not think you will have an issue as the gap is far from any connecting switches that will add "Structure" to the layout, making it very stiff. Another thing is that shifts that are only sideways or in length of a few mm will be fine.

However, if you have more than 2-4 deg. angle difference, that is more difficult for the track to adjust to.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 19 April 2012 18:35:20(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I'd just use the noch-provided track plan, which is available in the instructions online. Google it. I actually had that layout and everythig fit together fine
SBB Era 2-5
Offline suga andri  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2012 09:16:02(UTC)
suga andri

thanks for the reply folks,

i will try to buid using my track plan.

regards,
suga
Offline perz  
#6 Posted : 23 April 2012 23:37:36(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
The solution is to replace the last 24130 before gap (to the upper right of the gap) with 24207+24115+24107, with the 24207 furthest away from the turnout. This reduces the gap to around 1 mm.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by perz
Offline suga andri  
#7 Posted : 24 April 2012 05:33:06(UTC)
suga andri

Originally Posted by: perz Go to Quoted Post
The solution is to replace the last 24130 before gap (to the upper right of the gap) with 24207+24115+24107, with the 24207 furthest away from the turnout. This reduces the gap to around 1 mm.

thanks perz, nice solution !
Offline BrandonVA  
#8 Posted : 24 April 2012 22:39:11(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
As Cookee mentioned, there is quiet a bit of give in the track. 1mm is pretty small. I designed my current layout in a software very exactly. In practice, I find myself swapping a couple of parts and it still seems to work. Just make sure to test rolling stock well over an altered section to make sure it runs right. Normally you can sport of push and pull the overall track a bit until you get it right.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#9 Posted : 24 April 2012 22:42:30(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
SBB Era 2-5
Offline suga andri  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2012 02:49:55(UTC)
suga andri

the reason i am not follow the original desain is to minimize track type, cause no marklin dealer in my town. price is quaite a bit for me :(

and when i put original desain on scarm, it have gap to....may the software not count the degre up and down of track.

salam,
suga
Offline NZMarklinist  
#11 Posted : 24 July 2012 18:45:41(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: suga andri Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

i attach my design too.

regards,
suga

spec :
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/92cki[/img]
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/qefs8[/img]

Hi Suga, A few years ago I bought a Noch Layout second hand. The seller told me then that the track plans don't really fit the layout. He had used Fleicshman track on it. I have tried Marklin K Track and a few adjuctments are essential.
The Mittewnwald layout is a nice one that I had considered myself years ago for a quick start. Later I bought this second hand one, Schonmuhlen 81710 which is approx 1.6 x 1.0 metre but even the published dimensions are not correct. So even with them some immagination and skill is required Wink I have expanded the plan to 2.7x 1.5/2.0 metres including a large turntable area and btw. I have used Winrail software for my plan.
Good luck, just keep adjusting ! ThumpUp Woot
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Shintaro  
#12 Posted : 27 July 2012 07:08:37(UTC)
Shintaro

Australia   
I designed my layout in WinTrack. On the screen everything was fine, but when I layed the track one bend overshot the straight, so I had to alter on table.

Computer programs are not 100%
Offline Token  
#13 Posted : 27 July 2012 08:54:45(UTC)
Token

Australia   
Hi Suga, I had similar initial fears when I first put my own (custom) plan into the software. You will find in the design, there will be more than enough 'give'in the track to close that gap without any problem. There are many more factoes which will come into play such as the height and gradient of your track which will require some experimentation to get right but it wil work in the end.

Regards,

Token.
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#14 Posted : 08 May 2020 23:51:03(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Suga,
I tried your track plan with real C tracks and the misalignment issue that you were referring was easily fixed with "give" in the C track that my friends are referring to. For the outermost loop, you had designed with 94+188. I reduced it to 94+172 so that I can fit the layout on a 4ft by 8ft bench.
MittenwaldMadhuTrack.jpg
Regards,
Madhu
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline Bones  
#15 Posted : 27 June 2020 07:00:54(UTC)
Bones

Australia   
I had the same problem with both my custom designs but with some experimentation you can get 99% of what you want - Just remember to always test your plan firstThumpUp I use
Anyrail for my track planning
Offline PeterF7  
#16 Posted : 27 June 2020 17:50:47(UTC)
PeterF7

United States   
I went ahead and took your plan and worked it up in AnyRail. I too had the same gap. With the 24130 that tries to connect to your 24094, I replaced the 24130 with a 24230. It "connected" better. I'm thinking that just moving the track an intsy bit will be "gud enuff" to get the job done. Here's how your plan looks in AnyRail:

Edited: grabbed the wrong files...

Edit #2: I disassembled the track plan and counted each piece. Compared to the originator's list, I'm up one 24172 (15 vs his 14) and down a 24188 (20 vs his 21). I'm up down one 24130 and up one 24230 section with respect to the change and his list.

Hope that helps.

Mittenwald3trklist.txt (2kb) downloaded 34 time(s). Mittenwald3.pdf (415kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeterF7