Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bulenty  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2012 22:03:17(UTC)
bulenty

Turkey   
Hi everybody,

I am new in forum but I am old about model railroad hobby.
I have some questions.I want to convert digital my 34883 one time series steam loco.I bought 60941 high eff.motor and 60945 decoder.

I have old 6021 control unite.I could not find Schematic installation of these parts.Motor is easy to instal but about decoder installation a little bit hard.
Because it is not described clearly at the manuel.

Is any one help me about installation.According to me the manuel has some wrong descriptions.

is there anyone to convert with this decoder.

If they put Schematic installation on the manuel,it will be very easy.
Thanks
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2012 13:30:11(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hello
The instruction guide can be downloaded at: http://medienpdb.maerkli.../1/pdf/60945_betrieb.pdf and indeed there are no wiring instructions.
The märklin colors as they come out of the decoder 60945:
- brown : connect to frame
- red: connect to central current pick-up shoe
- green and blue: the two wires that feed the motor : to connect to both collector contact inserting in series the provided inductances (green and looks like a resistor)
- grey : forward light
- yellow: rear light
- orange: return for all functions and lights.
- Brown red, Brown green, Brown-Yellow, Brown-White: the four auxiliary funktion feeders (return with orange cable.

Note: lights may remain with a return to chassis ground (instead of the orange wire) there will be a slight flickering (no big deal) if you want an easier installation.
If I find a cabling plan I will post it here
Cheers from Paris
Jean

Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2012 13:44:22(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hello Again
You will find here a cabling plan for your project: http://www.jus-kn.de/c91.htm
Yes the decoder is not a 60945 but cabling is the same. The loudspeaker is plugged directly in its socket so there should not be any problem.
Jean
Offline bulenty  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2012 22:41:48(UTC)
bulenty

Turkey   
[img]null[/img][img]null[/img]
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hello Again
You will find here a cabling plan for your project: http://www.jus-kn.de/c91.htm
Yes the decoder is not a 60945 but cabling is the same. The loudspeaker is plugged directly in its socket so there should not be any problem.
Jean

Thank you very much.I wish marklin has been added the schematic installation to official manuel.

I made it in paint and confirmed

UserPostedImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you use 610080 lamps,no need resistor.

You should also install a couple of rf chokes (they look like resistors), one in series with each lead of the motor.

They are there to suppress interference spikes coming back from the motor that might be sufficient to destroy a decoder. Both Marklin and ESU recommend that you fit them when doing a decoder install.

If they weren’t included in the motor kit, Marklin have them under part number 516520, or if you have a local electronics shop, you can probably buy something there. You need a 3.9uH (microHenry) rf choke.

I got this informations from Train Doctor.His name is Dennis.I made the schematic installation,he confirmed and advised lamp and choke installation.

http://www.traindoctor.co.nz/