Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2011 19:35:42(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
For those who had not seen it (like me) and who may need inspiration;

This amazing airport is an add-on to serve the model railway layout

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2011 21:16:12(UTC)
Webmaster

They are certainly taking modelling to new heights... BigGrin

It's great to see that the project does well and expands all the time. I remember some sour discussions in German newsgroups when the project was started where those who "knew better" declared the whole Miniatur-Wunderland project futile and pointless...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2011 22:06:23(UTC)
petestra

United States   
As a former airline employee and life-long model railroader, this is a work of art!
PeterThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Offline dntower85  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2011 23:08:07(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
I have been watching Gerrit's video dairy for a while now, its unbelievable what they have done.
The mechanism that takes off and lands the plane and yet some how routs it to the faller car system so the planes can taxi to and from the gates, just think how complicated that must be when all the other vehicles are added in. It all works and then look at all the detail.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline FMS  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2011 01:30:52(UTC)
FMS

WOOOOOW!This is just something!!!
Standards are getting higher all the time...
That's the reason why i will be always an apprentice.Blushing
Regards
FMS
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by FMS
H0
Offline Renato  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2011 10:26:16(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi all,

I have been watching all the videos about the different stages of the airport construction (Gerrit's video dairy) and having visited Miniatur Wunderland this summer I must say that it is extraordinary: it really worths a visit!

Cheers

Renato
Offline GlennM  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2011 13:14:31(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Renato,

My son and I were hoping to visit this year and we too have enjoyed the video diaries, which have really been very good at showing the technology and problems behind the scenes. Our trip did not happen, but we have decided to do a European Tour next year taking in as many model railroad exhibits as we can. On our list are Minatur Wonderland and LOXX in Berlin, so if anyone would like to add a recommendation, and other layouts to the list please feel free to note them in this thread.

BR

Glenn and Brenden
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Jon11  
#8 Posted : 08 September 2011 15:08:34(UTC)
Jon11

This is amazing, even the Thai 380's engines are spooling. The level of detail, electronics and lighting is phenomenal.

A very simple model by comparison but worth looking at, is the Sydney CBD model in Customs House opposite Circular Quay on the ground floor, or rather, under it.

I'm still shocked! Truly amazing!
Z Gauge, Black Forest layout
How dare you have clear arteries after all the cheese & wine you’ve had!
Offline Renato  
#9 Posted : 08 September 2011 18:25:50(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Renato,

My son and I were hoping to visit this year and we too have enjoyed the video diaries, which have really been very good at showing the technology and problems behind the scenes. Our trip did not happen, but we have decided to do a European Tour next year taking in as many model railroad exhibits as we can. On our list are Minatur Wonderland and LOXX in Berlin, so if anyone would like to add a recommendation, and other layouts to the list please feel free to note them in this thread.

BR

Glenn and Brenden

Hi Glenn and Brenden,

I recommend you LOXX in Berlin too, even if I personally prefer the airport of Miniatur Wunderland (more realistic and technologically advanced).

Have a nice experience when you will visit both layouts, like the one I had this year.

Another layout I like is located in Merklingen (less than 40 km far from Göppingen and about 40 minutes driving by car).

Link: Modellbahnshow Merklingen

Cheers

Renato
Offline kariosls37  
#10 Posted : 09 September 2011 01:06:42(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
Fantastic bit of modelling. I think you would not get those night scenes more realistic, even if you tried. I wonder wether they have had any collisions between the moving entrance/exit and the planesGlare

If only I could get paid for my modelling...
Offline Nielsenr  
#11 Posted : 09 September 2011 01:12:14(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
I don't know about any accidents with entering and exiting airplanes but I thought I saw one video where they found a plane in pieces at the exit. It seems his programming missed a possible occurrence and a plane got caught up wrong on the rods and it tore the wings off.

Robert