Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nielsenr  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2011 05:37:02(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Hey all!!

I am progressing nicely with building the modules for my floor layout and I am starting to think about the wiring that needs to be done between modules for S88, K83/K84, and braking area wiring. I have used S88 and contact tracks before but not in conjunction with braking areas.

My question is will a contact track within a braking area register properly to a S88 module considering the braking area will have a negative DC in it when activated? Has anyone actually used a contact track within a braking area? And if the braking area does pose a problem with the negative DC, is there a work around??

Thanks!!

Robert
Offline supermoee  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2011 08:10:05(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello Robert,

the negative DC has nothing to do with the ground of the tracks. In the braking area the rails have the same ground than all the other tracks on your layout, or did you isolate your rails in the braking area??

I have 25 braking areas and all with contact tracks and eveything is working fine. Even more: 5 of them have current detection and this is affected by the negative DC and anyway working.

rgds

Stephan
Offline Nielsenr  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2011 08:23:23(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Thanks Stephan!! No, the rails are not going to be isolated. I just thinking ahead and trying to figure out whether I might have problems so I could work around them while I am putting things together. Appreciate the info!!

Robert