Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Andreas K  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2010 11:01:35(UTC)
Andreas K

Dear all,
After waiting months for my two mobile stations (60653) they finally arrived. I connected them both to the front sockets and then switched on
my CS2 (60214), software version 1.4.0.
The screens of both the MS lit up. After a short while a message appeared on my CS2. The message was something like this.
“ Do you want to upgrade ? from ver 1.13?? to ver 1.15?? ?” ( I cannot remember exactly ).Blushing
I then done the “upgrade”,the CS2 then restarted or did something and the two MS went dead and I could not get them to work again after that.
I then unplugged the two MS, did a “restore data” from a backup and reloaded the latest software update.
The MS’s still do not work. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Andreas K
Pure Marklin - Steam is my Passion
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2010 15:14:55(UTC)
H0

A CS2 with 1.4.0 can update an MS2 to version 1.5.
My 2 MS2s have been upgraded that way. But I plugged them in one by one while the CS2 was running and it worked.

Can you test the MS2s with a connection box 60112/60113?
Otherwise you can only try to start the CS2 and then plug in one of your MS2s to see if it works, then remove it and try the other one.

In the worst case the upgrade failed and you may have to return the MS2s for a warranty repair.
I don't think that you made a mistake. I did the same things, but in a different order.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Andreas K  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2010 10:16:57(UTC)
Andreas K

Thanks Tom
I tried that and no luck. The screens remains dead on both MS's on any sockets of the CS2.
Will stil try with a connection box but it seems the MS's will go back to the factory.
Why would a upgrade fail and what is TFP ? / GFP ? and what does it do ?

Regards
Andreas
Pure Marklin - Steam is my Passion