Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline AJ  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2010 18:14:42(UTC)
AJ

Hi, I have been running my newly acquired 37786 ICE3 on a layout and am impressed with how fast it goes. However on the sound front, all I get is the station announcements and doors closing. While the manual for the set says "additional sound features", there is no mention of how to enable them. I use an MS2 and was wondering if someone else with the set could tell me. Does it actually have any other sound features - if it does I would have thought M* would enable them at factory ... Confused

Another thing that made me curious. I ran the ICE3 with 2 other locos all with their lights on and pulling 12-14 cars, on a large-ish layout ( 2mtrs x 4mtrs of R1, R2, R3) with 4 solenoid equipped turnouts and everything worked fine, ran smoothly. However when I did a separate run with the ICE3 only on an R3 circle + 3 mtr straight stretch like a number "9", the lights would flicker as I turned up the speed and the train would run in starts!! why ? I checked the coupling, the tracks, the transformer - everything seemed tight and locked.

Alok
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 07 August 2010 18:33:12(UTC)
H0

Hi!
The catalogue only mentions those two sound effects.
The train has a cheapo sound module that can only play one sound at a time, not a LokSound decoder.

So I guess these are all the sounds you can get (unless you use a soldering iron).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline AJ  
#3 Posted : 07 August 2010 19:15:17(UTC)
AJ

H0 wrote:
Hi!
The catalogue only mentions those two sound effects.
The train has a cheapo sound module that can only play one sound at a time, not a LokSound decoder.

So I guess these are all the sounds you can get (unless you use a soldering iron).

Thats what I thought, had checked the catalogue before buying. But when I saw the manual, thought there were others that could be activated, like an air horn. Was also surprised by the single channel decoder. M* should have put a loksound in there. I already have my (very first) 36606 sound project planned, the ICE will have to wait Unsure.

Alok
Offline Hemmerich  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2010 01:51:06(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 02:15:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AJ  
#5 Posted : 10 August 2010 03:32:47(UTC)
AJ

Hemmerich wrote:
If desired the existing mfx decoder with its pcb and two sounds can be easily replaced by a full sound decoder.

Thanks Lutz, would I use the Loksound mfx or 3.5 for this one ? Will open and check if the pcb takes 8pins or will need a new pcb. Alok
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 10 August 2010 03:57:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You should be able to use either decoder AJ.

Obviously, the mfx version has the advantage of registering itself with the Central Station, but if you are happy to define the loco yourself, the standard Loksound should be fine.
Offline TimR  
#7 Posted : 10 August 2010 04:22:11(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
AJ wrote:
Thanks Lutz, would I use the Loksound mfx or 3.5 for this one ? Will open and check if the pcb takes 8pins or will need a new pcb. Alok

Thankfully, socket is 21-pin, as per usual Marklin standard these days.

Replacing the standard PCB is not recommended, as it goes the length of the entire restaurant coach and also contained two white internal light LEDs.

This PCB can be used to upgrade older 3778x models if anyone interested going that route.

Just one small problem, the Marklin sparepart listing is not exactly accurate for this model, still showing that it got light bulbs and no part no for the PCB.
so an e-mail to Goppingen might be necessary.
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline AJ  
#8 Posted : 10 August 2010 04:30:34(UTC)
AJ

TimR wrote:
AJ wrote:

Replacing the standard PCB is not recommended, as it goes the length of the entire restaurant coach and also contained two white internal light LEDs.

This PCB can be used to upgrade older 3778x models if anyone interested going that route.

Just one small problem, the Marklin sparepart listing is not exactly accurate for this model, still showing that it got light bulbs and no part no for the PCB.

Thank you Tim, not quite straightforward but i will learn something new. BigGrin
Alok
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 10 August 2010 12:32:44(UTC)
H0

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that switching to full sound requires more than just a new decoder:
Remove the old sound module and speaker, install a new suitable speaker (different impedance) and solder it to the PCB.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline SINCrazee  
#10 Posted : 12 August 2010 17:19:38(UTC)
SINCrazee

AJ wrote:
TimR wrote:
AJ wrote:

Thank you Tim, not quite straightforward but i will learn something new. BigGrin
Alok

Hello Alok,
Someone told me to get a Loksound M4(MFX) decorder for a certain item no. He told me the cheapo sound module decorder can be removed from the Bistro car.
Hope it helps

SINCrazee

(P.S , I am getting my ICE 3MF too which will be expected to arrive by tommorow. I will buy the decorder later , try it out and let you know.
C-track carpetbahn, R1 ,R2,R3 with MS2 and a CS2 plus Marklin and HAG trains..
Offline AJ  
#11 Posted : 12 August 2010 17:34:48(UTC)
AJ

Thanks SINCrazee, you will enjoy running the ICE3... its pretty quick though have to ensure that the couplings are firmly connected. I am waiting for my HAG Re4/4... Alok