Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dpg001  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2008 09:44:52(UTC)
dpg001

I've jus purchased an all noise making Lok 37037. Great noises but it just won't run smoothly on the track. It seems to pause momentarily on curves (part no 2210?) on both entry and exit as well as one incline where the weels spin. The track sits on a cork base that was pre-ballasted so should be fairly flat this not causing any lack of wheel contact. The incline issue would seem to contradict this. It's feasable that the track's dirty and I will now have to give it a good clean. Has anyone experienced this particularly on the curve question. I don't have these problems with the other locos but it's fair to say those that have been run are mainly diesel or electric and have front an rear bogies or are tank loco's. I have 12 other tender loks thta I never run, perhaps I should try running one of these?.

David
David
confused
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2008 10:26:51(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi David,

Testing with another digital loco would be a good start, as would cleaning the track.

Do the wheels spin on the entire incline? or only in the transition from flat to inclined?

If it is on the entire incline, then check for excess oil on the wheels, if it is only on the transition, then you may need to smooth out the transition.

Cheers....

Mike.
Offline dpg001  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2008 22:02:07(UTC)
dpg001

I think I found the problem. Wheels were losing contact at the join of the track sections. Further investigation showed that the track dipped at these points causing a lack of wheel connection. I realise this seems a bit odd but it does seem to be the case.

David
Offline rhtastro  
#4 Posted : 30 October 2008 23:46:26(UTC)
rhtastro

United States   
I tuned into this thread by mistake, I misread it first as "Erotic running on K-track". Would that be a No. Sorry, terribly off topic.

biggrinbiggrin
Cheerfully, Bob
Robert's trains insured by Colt 45--Marklin Club of NorCal, Founder and Sole Member--- Robert's photos may be used as public domain-all copyrights waved
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"-T.Jefferson
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2008 05:47:08(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rhtastro
<br />I tuned into this thread by mistake, I misread it first as "Erotic running on K-track". Would that be a No. Sorry, terribly off topic.

biggrinbiggrin
Cheerfully, Bob

Bob,

I guess that you could put one of those erotic scenes marketed by Noch in either the lok or one of the coaches. Would that be satisfactory. AFAIK Maerklin does not make an interior lighting set with all red leds.biggrinbiggrin

Mike C
Offline dpg001  
#6 Posted : 31 October 2008 09:50:08(UTC)
dpg001

I have established that it's at the join points of the track. None of my other loks suffer the same but for some reason this one does. It's a shame as the lok was quite expensive. My only option would be to lift the track and re lay and that's something I'm not too keen on. One iption might be to slightly lift and put a spacer under the joint. Has anyone experience this type of problem.
Offline Macfire  
#7 Posted : 03 November 2008 11:39:09(UTC)
Macfire

Hi David,
Don't foget that the 2210 is an industrial line curve with a very tight radius so not all large locos can handle them.
If they are the 2221 R1 curve then I would suggest that the spacer or shim under the jonit would solve your problem

Regards
Tony
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.