Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline trainbuff  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2008 20:06:04(UTC)
trainbuff

Sounds good and plenty loud. Tight fit: lots of trial and error to get it right until body fits without any binding. Trimmed screw hole off the bottom of sound chamber so it would sit lower in the frame. Blue and purple wires in front covered with heat shrink tubing waiting for future smoke or other function. BR86 29533, ESU speaker 50447, loksound mfx decoder, and hot glue. My third decoder install.

UserPostedImage

I poked a couple of holes in body to help sound come out.
UserPostedImage
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2008 20:15:04(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Chris:

Nice work...congrats!

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline intruder  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2008 20:53:00(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Good work, Chris.
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline Davy  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2008 21:39:52(UTC)
Davy

Nice work.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline trainbuff  
#5 Posted : 20 April 2008 23:49:55(UTC)
trainbuff

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the decoder is poorly/improperly programmed. I ordered a 62429 which is supposed to be a BR 86, but it registered itself to the mobile station as a BR 03. The horn button blows a whistle, the sound button button blows the horn continuously until the sound the turned off (kind of neat in a way!), the smoke button operates the telex, etc. The only buttons that work right are light and slow speed.

Also the engine runs choppy and hums at low speeds. I hope when I get my lokprogrammer back from warrently repair (It arrived missing an LED) I can install the proper program and adjust these CVs everyone talks about until the lok will run as good as it always did. It has always run real well since day one.

Well its been a real string of bad luck with that last order. How do you guys deal with a dealer who sold you bad stuff and you don't know it until you've ripped the perfectly good guts out of a locomotive and soldered in bum equipment? I should have been clued in when I noticed one of the wires on the decoder needed soldering back on. I'm just not going to order from that dealer again. Its no big deal since they don't sell Marklin, but they do sell ESU.

Sorry to complain. Hope you at least like the pretty pictures as much as I enjoyed installing the equipment!