Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gkar  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2008 00:03:19(UTC)
Gkar

Hello, just got 26541 set, and one of the handles on the engine came off, the other three handles are adheared quite well, so I assume someone forgot to glue this handle on, What type of glue should I use, the body is metal and the handle is plastic (surprising, I thought the handles would be metal!) thanks
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2008 00:19:39(UTC)
Webmaster

I suppose acrylic "superglue" would be the best for this... In very small portions of course so no stains are visible...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2008 00:21:37(UTC)
H0

Hi!
I don't think that the handles are glued - the handle should stick in the loco.
Does it look broken off?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline WelshMatt  
#4 Posted : 04 March 2008 01:16:40(UTC)
WelshMatt

If you can, take the bodyshell off, fit the handrail, and glue it from behind (assuming the mounting pegs on it go through the shell). That'll give a much neater result.
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 04 March 2008 02:50:48(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by WelshMatt
<br />If you can, take the bodyshell off, fit the handrail, and glue it from behind (assuming the mounting pegs on it go through the shell). That'll give a much neater result.

It is quite likely that these metal handrails are in fact stuck through holes in the lok shell. The ends of the handrails are then bent over so as to fix them in place. It is possible that one of these has broken, leading to the handrail coming loose.
Rather than attempting any glue, I would consult the exploded view diagram to see what the part should look like and order a replacement if necessary.
On top of that, if the item is brand new, you should be able to have the shell or the lok replaced by the dealer. So, patience before you crack open that tube of glue.

Regards

Mike C